45Doll

We're Looking For The Bomber - And we want to search your house

I was just wondering if I lived in the MA towns where they're going house to house looking for the bomber, and they came to my door asking to come in and search (without a warrant), how I would answer them.

And if they demanded to come in without a warrant?

And how about if they got to your house and you weren't home or just didn't answer the door?

i saw that on their interview, not sure they are entering homes they did not say that, and that can be an issue if they are you may open yourself up to incrimination unknowingly by giving them permission to search your home..

I would tell them he is not hear and if he was you can drag him out..

If you are there, it would be fair to open the door/ hang out the window and say all safe here. If you weren't home, they would probably treat it like a suspected B&E call where they just check for signs of illegal entry/ look through windows. Can any LEO with training chime in on this?

Before you rush to a conclusion imagine the following scenarios:

House 1:

Knock Knock

Police! We are searching for Terrorist, may we come in?

Sure officer, take a look around, but everything is fine.

House 2:

Knock Knock

No, I have my rights I'm calling my lawyer!

House 3:

Knock Knock

No, I have my rights I'm calling my lawyer! ( the other room a terrorist has a knife to your daughters throat and promises to kill her if you let them in)

Now, put yourself in the shoes of the police.

This isn't as simple of a question as people would like to make it.

Get over yourselves people... They want someone who has vowed to kill more people.. Dont think they have time to search for ancillaryt..theyre covering all bases...anyone harboring that a$$hole can say hes not here move on.. Unique curcumstances here.. Enough with the absolutism.. Sometimes exigency needs a little room.. Those searching for them dont have the freeking time to note other findings.. 3 innocents and 1 cop dead..1 dangerous douchebag.. Help out rather than looking for conspiracies..be the only home that didnt allow them in.. Just wait for that no-knock warrant to be issued within minutes..

Before you rush to a conclusion imagine the following scenarios:

House 1:

Knock Knock

Sure officer, take a look around, but everything is fine.

House 2:

Knock Knock

No, I have my rights I'm calling my lawyer!

House 3:

Knock Knock

No, I have my rights I'm calling my lawyer! ( the other room a terrorist has a knife to your daughters throat and promises to kill her if you let them in)

Now, put yourself in the shoes of the police.

This isn't as simple of a question as people would like to make it.

+1 Of course.

We sometimes lose situational awareness because we get so tightly wrapped up in "me".

Not a problem, but no entry without a box of fresh bakery donuts. And no touchy nada....

I was just wondering if I lived in the MA towns where they're going house to house looking for the bomber, and they came to my door asking to come in and search (without a warrant), how I would answer them.

And if they demanded to come in without a warrant?

And how about if they got to your house and you weren't home or just didn't answer the door?

Sent from John's iPad 2 via Tapatalk HD

Typos courtesy Apple...

Get over yourselves people... They want someone who has vowed to kill more people.. Dont think they have time to search for ancillaryt..theyre covering all bases...anyone harboring that a$$hole can say hes not here move on.. Unique curcumstances here.. Enough with the absolutism.. Sometimes exigency needs a little room.. Those searching for them dont have the freeking time to note other findings.. 3 innocents and 1 cop dead..1 dangerous douchebag.. Help out rather than looking for conspiracies..be the only home that didnt allow them in.. Just wait for that no-knock warrant to be issued within minutes..

This. The original post was clearly geared towards the assumption that they would be looking for other things. E.g. guns. They really could care less about your little collection when looking for a terrorist lol.

Loosen the tinfoil.

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

If I was in an area where they have reason to believe the perp is there, a search would not be unreasonable. Now I don't know if they did/do, but it would make sense that they may actually have had some sort of blanket search warrant for the area looking for the guy. Now as some of you may know, I am a huge believer in the US Constitution, and have spoke adamantly out against violations of rights. But even if they didn't have a warrant, I'd let them in for the sole purpose of looking for him. Considering what is going on, I find it difficult to believe they would do anything more than look for him too. Of course I'd have told them first if he was here, either he would have killed me, or I would have killed him by now, but sure, come in and look.

Let them in....... Let them do their job.....

Agreed. They arent there to look for guns. They just want the suspect in custody. You could probably answer the door with a bag of weed in your hand and they would not give two craps about it. They just want HIM.

Agreed. They arent there to look for guns. They just want the suspect in custody. You could probably answer the door with a bag of weed in your hand and they would not give two craps about it. They just want HIM.

Yes.

And reason also dictates that if I lived in this area would make damn sure that anything that would be misconstrued as a threat like a weapon or cans of powder for my reloading hobby would be safely stored out of sight.

The pressure that LE is under right now is so overwhelming that the onus is on the innocent to present a non-threatening atmosphere. Or all bets are off.

Something in the patriot act possibly that if you in hot pursuit of a terrorist you don't need a search warrant? ("Hot pursuit" will be determined by a judge of course). Also I think the community care taking act comes into play possibly. Either way they most likely don't need a warrant to come in and search all occupiable rooms of your house in this given circumstance.

In a situation like this I would definatly allow them access. I want to make sure they are not delayed in finding this guy and if i spend 5-10 minutes bickering with the police over my rights it gives this guy more time to get away. I want them in and out as quick as possible it move and and find him

Something in the patriot act possibly that if you in hot pursuit of a terrorist you don't need a search warrant? ("Hot pursuit" will be determined by a judge of course). Also I think the community care taking act comes into play possibly. Either way they most likely don't need a warrant to come in and search all occupiable rooms of your house in this given circumstance.

We need to ask your avatar (Buford T. Justice) about "hot pursuit"

Let them look. This is not one bad cop looking to jack you up - there are hundreds or maybe thousands out there and they have but one thing they are after.

ymyqazan.jpg

azunuda5.jpg

Saying no wont do you much good in this situation. Honestly you'd be an a-hole if you did. These are extreme circumstances and you need to let them do their job.

Is it just me, or is this a bit excessive in hunting down a single person. I'm not in LE, so my opinions is perhaps naive. I'd probably want that kind of force if it were me on the hunt.

Is it just me, or is this a bit excessive in hunting down a single person. I'm not in LE, so my opinions is perhaps naive. I'd probably want that kind of force if it were me on the hunt.

Are we sure it's a single person?

And that however many it is, that they don't have mass murder in mind?

If they were competant they would have him already, Having that many LEO's looking for 1 guys is rediculous