Donobieus

Great story! (I hope)

So I've been trying to talk my friend into selling me his Smith & Wesson M&P .40 for a couple of months now....but he wouldnt bite.  So today we took a ride down to Tips in LEH because i heard they had Ruger P95s in stock (they didnt).  But i did find a SAR K2 9mm that felt really nice in my hand while my friend was eyeing up a Hi Point .40 carbine.  Literally as I was saying "Ill take the SAR," my friend nudges me and says "buy me the Hi Point and i'll give you the M&P"  Now i know i got him....so i say "throw in 2 boxes of ammo and its a deal"  and HE JUMPS ON IT!!  Omg...i couldnt believe my luck!  So all told, i spent $468 on the carbine including a forward grip and a hard case and got a brand new (only 100 rds through it, and i shot 50 of them) M&P .40 with 2 15rd mags and 2 boxes of ammo.  The best part is I avoided the NICS check and brought home my new gun today....and he has to wait 20 or so days....:)

Sooooooooooooooo, You paid for the high point? and got the M&P? in exchange. The way I read it is worth 2-4, And I hope you are not in with Bubba.

Bubba likes skinny white boys!Krdshrk, That is not the way it is written. I would tell him to delete!

not realy great wording,  but   last line  helps.. "The best part is I avoided the NICS check and brought home my new gun today....and he has to wait 20 or so days.... :)

"

so you gave your friend $468 in exchange for his M&P, and he in turn started the process to purchase the Hi-Point....

ok...what did i do wrong? My friend put everything in his name for the rifle....i simply paid for it. same as buying a gift. we asked the manager if that was legal and he said yes.

You didn't do anything wrong

Sent from my hidden under ground bunker between Taco Bell and the dry cleaner

Yea, I started piling sand bags for this one and had already got a case of MREs ready just in case. ;)

He just barely skated... :facepalm:

that was a close one.....lol

Sent from John's iPad 2 via Tapatalk HD

Typos courtesy Apple...

When working under a pink card, Two under covers will enter store and look at a weapon. One will say" I like that one, but don't have the cash" Other will say "I will buy it for you". As an employee with a pink card I have to refuse that purchase. That is a straw buy.

So lets say for my 21st bday my dad wants to buy me a handgun. I'm buying it on my name with my permits but he pays for it. Straw purchase?

Sent from my hidden under ground bunker between Taco Bell and the dry cleaner

No....

Straw Purchase is person putting firearm in his name with the sole purpose to give/transfer it to another person....

It has nothing to do with the monies....

Everything was on the up and up....I definitely could have worded the original post a little better.  I was still pretty pumped up about the deal i got....My bad.

Sorry that your thread was hi-jacked.  Sounds like everyone got what they wanted.