WVisHome

NJ LEO kills man in road rage incident in MD

http://fxn.ws/19X4LiL

Authorities tell MyFoxNY.com the two cars pulled over to the side of the interstate after the alleged road rage incident, and Harvey and his passenger allegedly got out of his vehicle and approached Walker.

Walker then allegedly exited his car, brandished his gun and announced he was a police officer. Harvey continued to approach Walker allegedly in an aggressive manner, and Walker fired at Harvey, fatally wounding him, MyFoxNY.com reports.

Troopers charged Walker on Sunday with second degree murder and manslaughter, and he remains in a Maryland jail  on $1 million bond.

This will be interesting to follow. I don't know MD's SD laws.... I wonder if the manslaughter charges will stick.

It's extremely sad when people get so pissed off when driving they resort to violence.

Also...what are the laws governing interstate transport of loaded firearms for LEO's?

What I found incredible was that he had his wife and three kids in the car with him, I think the god complex kicked into overdrive, and being from out of state was just pissing in someone elses pool.

What I find incredible is that you were able to deduce this from the limited info available.

Here is a little more news on this from the Jersey Journal.

He is a Detective with the Hudson Cty prosecutors office

Shot the guy with a 45cal Glock according to the news article.

http://www.nj.com/jjournal-news/index.ssf/2013/06/detective_with_hudson_county_p.html

regardless, no one should be shooting anyone over being pissed while driving.  No need to wait for full story as that is all that matters.  Pretty sure the arrest and 1mm bond infer shooter is wrong here especially given he's leo. 

plenty of info out there on this now

In regards to LEO transport laws as long as you are active LEO you can carry in any state as long as you have your ID. Even hollowpoints are allowed since its duty ammo

a law that needs to be changed imho.  when off the job, we are all equal under the law

What I found incredible was that he had his wife and three kids in the car with him, I think the god complex kicked into overdrive, and being from out of state was just pissing in someone elses pool.

I don't know about God complex but am more concerned his kids had to experience this.  My heart goes out to those kids as this can scar them in many ways and will undoubtedly change their lives.

Another one of these threads. :facepalm:

When will you people learn; you can not question a cops actions on this forum.

It's just when comes to these topics.....  All of a sudden we take the media's report at face value.  But when they report a "mass shooting" we immediately condemn their accuracy and coverage.....

Sounds like a perfect chance to play "Six Degrees of Charles Mainor"!

Here are some more pieces to the story:

"According to court documents, a witness told investigators that the confrontation started when Joseph Walker's minivan cut off Joseph Harvey's car. Harvey's passenger, Adam Pidel, told police that Walker pointed a gun at them as the vehicles swerved at each other."

http://www.myfoxny.com/story/22543082/fatal-road-rage-shooting

I think there are a lot of facts missing here.  How do we know what thee xact exchange between the two was?  I dont see this as the LEO bashing event that some do.  How would any of you with this mentality like to be judged by info fromt he media?  We all know how accurate the media is with firearms related fatalities!

Ken

regardless, no one should be shooting anyone over being pissed while driving. No need to wait for full story as that is all that matters. Pretty sure the arrest and 1mm bond infer shooter is wrong here especially given he's leo.

plenty of info out there on this now

..and George Zimmerman shot an innocent angel according to the picture used when that story first hit. MD is anti-2A, and that would be my guess for the high bail amount.

Sounds like a perfect chance to play "Six Degrees of Charles Mainor"!

Here are some more pieces to the story:

"According to court documents, a witness told investigators that the confrontation started when Joseph Walker's minivan cut off Joseph Harvey's car. Harvey's passenger, Adam Pidel, told police that Walker pointed a gun at them as the vehicles swerved at each other."

http://www.myfoxny.com/story/22543082/fatal-road-rage-shooting

The passenger says he waved a gun out the window. So they pulled over and got out of the car to confront the man with the gun? :blink:

My bs meter is off the chart for that statement.

I think there are a lot of facts missing here.  How do we know what thee xact exchange between the two was?  I dont see this as the LEO bashing event that some do.  How would any of you with this mentality like to be judged by info fromt he media?  We all know how accurate the media is with firearms related fatalities!

Ken

Pretty much every fact is missing.  Brief witness statements used to build the bulk of this news story.  Give it a few weeks for more info, past that we're waiting for a trail to learn the facts.

The passenger says he waved a gun out the window. So they pulled over and got out of the car to confront the man with the gun? :blink:

My bs meter is off the chart for that statement.

I wouldn't be surprised that he still approached if he was overwhelmed by the red mist.

All depends when each party was peaking in anger.  Actor 1 could have waved gun and regained control afterwards, "what was I thinking?".  Actor 2 could have lost control once they saw the gun waved at them, "not in my town!", and died while still under adrenalin surge.

I've seen enough rough rage videos of people seemingly trying to kill people because they got cut off to know nothing good ever comes from confronting someone over an incident. I don't know what it is about driving that turns people into irrational lunatics sometimes.

No idea what happened here, but clearly getting involved in a road rage incident is a terrible idea.

I've seen enough rough rage videos of people seemingly trying to kill people because they got cut off to know nothing good ever comes from confronting someone over an incident. I don't know what it is about driving that turns people into irrational lunatics sometimes.

No idea what happened here, but clearly getting involved in a road rage incident is a terrible idea.

Yep..always better to just drive on...and people do seem to have a whole new gear of anger when it comes to driving...