Golf battery

Lowering flags once again wtf

This isnt right!!! Great guy, New Jerseyan, patriotic but he wasn't killed in action. Whats next medal of honor for civilians ? If you see a house or business with it hanging low maybe take a couple minutes out ofyour day and explain to them what it really means. It is an ignorant dishonor to all current and ex military to do this. The ones doing this have never been military and through their unknowing ignorance should be informed. Friggin liberals. So do your country and servicemen just service and do not let this continue Ar's for all.

I agree. I loved the show. He was a great actor and by most accounts a good guy. He went overseas to entertain our armed forces, etc. However, the flag should be reserved for military KIA. I think they should also lower it once a year for POW/MIA, or maybe fly the POW/MIA flag in its place. 

Are we so starved for local heroes that those who gave their lives for freedom and country have to compete with local entertainers and celebrities?

I personally liked James Gandolfini and thought him a good actor,common man who contributed his time, money and celebrity to many good causes but in all honesty do you think he would have agreed to such a misplaced honor?

I agree. I loved the show. He was a great actor and by most accounts a good guy. He went overseas to entertain our armed forces, etc. However, the flag should be reserved for military KIA. I think they should also lower it once a year for POW/MIA, or maybe fly the POW/MIA flag in its place. 

military, police and firemen..

This isnt right!!! Great guy, New Jerseyan, patriotic but he wasn't killed in action. Whats next medal of honor for civilians ? If you see a house or business with it hanging low maybe take a couple minutes out ofyour day and explain to them what it really means. It is an ignorant dishonor to all current and ex military to do this. The ones doing this have never been military and through their unknowing ignorance should be informed. Friggin liberals. So do your country and servicemen just service and do not let this continue Ar's for all.

I agree with you that it shouldn't be lowered for an actor (even though I did like him), but it's not the house or business owners fault - it's the governors fault if he ordered it. If the gov or president DIDN'T order the flags to half-staff, then that's a different story.

They screwed themselves when they lowered the flag for Clarence Clemmons... That is how this started, once it was lowered for him, they had to lower it for Creakhead,  And now once again they are pissing on the servicemen and women and lowering it for an actor... the ONLY time the flag should be lowered for a celeb or athlete or figure is the case of Pat Tillman... He left his pro football career to join the military and died for the country... as a serviceman not a pro ball player!  I like the idea of lowering the state flag to pay a tribute to people like celebs that gave back to the state (thinking ahead to the Boss passing) but not the US Flag... it is a slap in the face.... whats next, Snookie...... :facepalm:

We're lowering the flag for an actor who played a neurotic mafioso from new jersey?

i find this strangely descriptive of where this state is heading...

Don't forget this is NJ. We are hard up for anything for the state government to get with celebrity's to get a positive spin on there faces in the news even if the poor guys dead. I guess it makes it better if the guys dead. He can't object. The blacks do it all the time too. They have a holiday for a guy who had a dream. I have a dream too, that one day I can CCL here in NJ without a permit, or with my Florida CWFL. Watch what happens when Nelson Mandela in South Africa dies.

I never watched one episode of the sopranos. That really is a joke. But then, we did vote in an actor for POTUS didn't we?

Same here, I never watched the show, though I had seen him in several movies and think he was a talented performer.  However this would not warrant the lowering of a flag for him or any other entertainer.  I find this current trend regarding the lowering of the flag for celebrities disgustingly disrespectful to the true fallen heroes who deserve such honor.  Just another sign of the times I suppose. :facepalm:  

I never watched one episode of the sopranos. That really is a joke. But then, we did vote in an actor for POTUS didn't we?

Someone who was president of the SAG, then as governor of CA then actually served as president for 2 terms. Not sure I understand the analogy.