raz-0

Another home invasion

https://www.courthousenews.com/2013/07/03/59061.htm

The gang in blue this time. At least they went less lethal on the dog.

Oddly enough, I fairly recently heard the argument that the second was an artifact of the times just like the third. Interesting that they are perusing the issue on those grounds.

So to the LEOs who say it is a few bad apples. I'll remind you the saying ends with ruins the bunch. Would you or wouldn't you participate in this bs?

As I also said you'll have to pick a side eventually. I suspect as the economy continues down the crapper, people will get highly intolerant of crap like this. The sanctity if ones home is a line that will likely resonate harshly with the populace when you claim it is at your disposal first.

Holy hell.  I'm skeptical of this only because its hard to believe anyone could be so monumentally inept to think that it would be OK to do that. 

If it indeed happened the way the plantiff accuses, I hope they crucify these mongoloids. 

I m sure more details will follow explaining both sides of the story.

The officers would have to be declared soldiers though.

Here is a case where the National Guardsmen were qualified as soldiers and th alawsuit was brough by corrections officers.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Engblom_v._Carey

I predict a secret huge financial settlement with the plaintiffs (the taxpayers of Henderson get hosed), the officers involved suffer nothing but minor administrative disciplinary action, and we never hear anything about this travesty of justice ever again.

Par for the course.

Holy hell.  I'm skeptical of this only because its hard to believe anyone could be so monumentally inept to think that it would be OK to do that. 

If it indeed happened the way the plantiff accuses, I hope they crucify these mongoloids. 

If, and it's a big if, the officers actually did this, they need prison time and a lot of it. 

I don't think there are any ifs here: 

"Defendant Officer David Cawthorn outlined the defendants' plan in his official report: 'It was determined to move to 367 Evening Side and attempt to contact Mitchell. If Mitchell answered the door he would be asked to leave. If he refused to leave he would be arrested for Obstructing a Police Officer. If Mitchell refused to answer the door, force entry would be made and Mitchell would be arrested.'"

That sounds like the Henderson PD thought doing this was well within the scope of their power.  :facepalm:

I'll reserve full judgement till all the facts are out in court.. And curious to see if Feds get involved as they usually do in civil rights cases.. That being said if you as LE do something so egregious and wrong.. To include fabricating story and documenting it on a official report.. Then you deserve the jam sandwhich you are going to get including time in the clink, monetary damage and firing.. And your department will enjoy the Federal monitor it will get for a few years..Again stranger accusations have been falsely brought against LE but if they were dumb enough to pull this stunt.. Then its game over

:yes:  :yes:  :yes:

I'll reserve full judgement till all the facts are out in court.. And curious to see if Feds get involved as they usually do in civil rights cases.. That being said if you as LE do something so egregious and wrong.. To include fabricating story and documenting it on a official report.. Then you deserve the jam sandwhich you are going to get including time in the clink, monetary damage and firing.. And your department will enjoy the Federal monitor it will get for a few years..Again stranger accusations have been falsely brought against LE but if they were dumb enough to pull this stunt.. Then its game over

Sounds too dumb to be real

Two plaintiffs, they did it to two homes, at least that is how the story reads to me. 

I find it unlikely that officers will be fired. This was conducted by many officers, and judging form the details in the story, was accepted and approved by supervisors at the very least. 

Even if the domestic situation was a hostage situation, if I'm stupid enough to not want to vacate, you have no obligation to protect me according to the supreme court. Even if I leave, what right do you have to be in my home without my permission? There are no exigent circumstances going on in my home if nobody is there. 

I predict a secret huge financial settlement with the plaintiffs (the taxpayers of Henderson get hosed), the officers involved suffer nothing but minor administrative disciplinary action, and we never hear anything about this travesty of justice ever again.

Par for the course.

I think your correct. I mean this seems so far out there but I won't judge every cop based on this. In sure some higher up have the orders for this.

Stop believing that most police departments give a crap about your rights. Individual officers may, but as a matter a policy it is pretty clear that most departments do not.

At some point officers will have to start thinking really hard about if the job they are doing is what they thought they would be doing when they signed up.

Check this out for example:

Stop believing that most police departments give a crap about your rights. Individual officers may, but as a matter a policy it is pretty clear that most departments do not.

At some point officers will have to start thinking really hard about if the job they are doing is what they thought they would be doing when they signed up.

Check this out for example:

That's fukked up!

We keep electing people that realize that freedom can easily be swapped for a steady payment from the government.

This is not a LEO problem. It is an us problem. Taunting LEOs at a stop like this teaches nobody anything.

Vote them out. That teaches them something.

I would love to comment, but I already have my two strikes. So have a blessed day, everyone.

I have one so far and if that's what it takes and infringe the 1st right, so be it. Create new accounts. Yes, plural. Then mask ip. J.I.C. but for now, I'll side with you.

FYI

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warren_v._District_of_Columbia

I called someone an asshole over a discussion over why a dog was shot without any de-escalative steps by police officer. If calling someone that was wrong I get, but I'm fine with that as long as I had the right to express my displeasure with the person(s) and officers. Don't I?