Didn't you know an XD is even a cheaper gun than a Glock? Its hilarious that you call Glock a cheap gun and then you say you prefer an XD over it, which is probably the worst of the major polymer striker guns. Read up on the history of the HS2000 if you don't believe it.

A Glock is constructed of far fewer parts than an HK. Of course it won't seem as expensive a gun. Doesn't mean one performs better than the other though. Glocks have a long reliability record (in 9mm at least) and shoots more accurately than most people can. What more do you really need? Any other qualities beyond this are subjective.

If you don't think a Glock feels cheap next to a H&K than there's seriously something wrong with you. And yes I would definitely take a Springfield over a Glock

...and there we are Gentlemen, A fan boy with ample enthusiasm and loyalty but little experience or logic. We have no choice but to admire his dogged fervor and let him be.

Most cops aren't gun guys and 70% of them can't shoot. So take that with a grain of salt. XD is a good design that Springfield didn't even come up with.

agree with the whole statement....

The XD really is ergonomically right.  It feels so nice in my hand, lines up naturally and is reliable.  I almost bought one but opted for the px4 instead.

I am a GLOCK guy but I do like HK also. My wife has an XD cause its what she liked. I have had everything from 1911's to S&W 59 series and I always go back to GLOCK.

I don't even own a Glock or have intentions on purchasing one in the near future but have fired several.They don't fit my hand like a CZ or Sig but I appreciate the Iconic design,engineering,competence and performance of the firearm  as do I the H&K... but purely on a practical standpoint a Glock product stands out as a superior firearm.

...and there we are Gentlemen, A fan boy with ample enthusiasm and loyalty but little experience and logic. We have no choice but to admire his dogged fervor and let him be.

I m so impressed by his devotion that i m on y way to get an HK right now. I ve seen the light of day.

Thank you

I m so impressed by his devotion that i m on y way to get an HK right now. I ve seen the light of day.

Thank you

So have I Brother......So have I..... Wishing nothing but the very pinnacle of polymer excellence, I too will sacrifice my piddling and unworthy Smith and Wesson to be worthy of the clan of the H&K.

ARRRRRRRG!!

Personally I don't get the XD hate.  I have an xd45 as my nightstand gun bc it was my first handgun, I shoot it accurately, and after a few thousand rounds it still hasn't had a malfunction.  

I have since bought dozens of firearms, about half of them handguns, and this remains my go to bedroom piece.  Why?  I know it will go bang and the projectile will go where I aim it.  I am no fan boy, bc I own pistols of almost every major manufacturer and like to try a little bit of everything.   

I am no expert, but my XD is a well built pistol.  

Personally I don't get the XD hate.

Many reasons...here are a few...

1. Questionable reliability. Historically, they have done poorly in many LE agency tests. Many credible people in the industry, including well known instructors, have seen students' XDs take a crap during classes. Before anyone mentions it, yes, I am aware that many of you have your own XD specimens that ran fine. This is great and if you find success with it, rock on. But the fact is, individual samples that are shot from time to time at an indoor range don't really mean much. What really matters is how a larger sampling performs under more extreme conditions.

To the XD's credit, it does seem like people complain about them less than a few years prior. However, the stigma still exists, and it will take many more years of rock solid performance across the board before people get past this.

2. The damn grip safety. Poorly designed, especially given the fact that you must have it depressed to even rack the slide. This could be disastrous in a one handed manipulation scenario. Plus, it's just plain stupid. Give me one reason why I need a safety blocking me from racking the slide? An even dumber concept than a mag release safety. This is more subjective, but some people also find the narrow grip safety uncomfortable, in contrast with a 1911's grip safety which is wide and contoured to the back of the grip.

3. Unremarkable trigger. Nothing to write home about here. Many other striker fired guns offer a better trigger. Not saying it's horrible, but this is just another attribute where the XD does NOT shine ahead of anything else out there.

4. High bore axis. This can be managed with proper technique of course, but the XD's bore axis is ridiculously higher than any other striker fired gun out there. Can't understand why it's designed this way, and on a less important note, to me, it makes the entire gun look pretty goofy.

5. Magazine durability. Historically, there have been complaints about how durable the mags were. A big no no if you plan to do any amount of training with it.

6. Ergonomics. Some love it, but others hate it. To be fair, this can be said for almost any other gun out there. But I'm just throwing another reason as to why XD hate exists.

7. Poor armorer support. This may matter less to casual shooters, but for agencies and those who put many rounds downrange, parts availability matters. Again, to be fair, there are other companies with this same problem, and hence why you hear Glocks often recommended. You will not be unable to find parts for a Glock, or find an armorer who can fix most problems.

8. No real track record. Perhaps tied to the first point above. How many major LE agencies have adopted the XD? Are there any known units within the military that have adopted the XD line? How many knowledgeable industry professionals recommend them and choose to shoot one themselves?

9. HS2000. Finally, a big reason many don't like the XD series, is that it's really a rebadged HS2000. An older Croatian design imported in by Springfield Armory, stamped and packaged by Springfield, and marketed heavily by them, along with the price increase. What Springfield has done was taken an older foreign pistol that was fairly inexpensive, successfully marketed the crap out of them, and sell many of them at a higher price. Can't blame them to be honest, but many people who know this see it for what it really is. I even read at some point, Springfield was giving incentives to dealers for selling the XD, and hence, you had many local stores pushing the XD on gun buyers. I've met a number of shooters that actually fell for the hype of how an XD was supposed to be better than a Glock, plus you get the free (crappy) holster that came with some of them, etc. So essentially, the XD, to me at least, represents an overhyped and overpriced pistol.

1911, if it fits you.   And I'd suggest that ergonomics are VERY important if you are interested in accuracy.  If a gun doesn't fit your hand, you can only compensate up to a point.   That's why target grips look the way they do.

Actually, my first bit of advice is to buy a handgun and not let the P2P expire--they're too hard to get.   It would be a shame to get a long gun now, and let the clock run out on your P2P.

1911, if it fits you.   And I'd suggest that ergonomics are VERY important if you are interested in accuracy.  If a gun doesn't fit your hand, you can only compensate up to a point.   That's why target grips look the way they do.

Actually, my first bit of advice is to buy a handgun and not let the P2P expire--they're too hard to get.   It would be a shame to get a long gun now, and let the clock run out on your P2P.

This....

So have I Brother......So have I..... Wishing nothing but the very pinnacle of polymer excellence, I too will sacrifice my piddling and unworthy Smith and Wesson to be worthy of the clan of the H&K.

ARRRRRRRG!!

I am not a fanboy of any gun but the average longevity of my guns is about 4 months before they are sold off to buy new ones. Only my HK P2000SK has defied the averages. I tried Glocks 7 times. Nothing wrong with them as far as being a gun goes. Just not my cup of tea. I prefer the feel of a HK or Sig. After trying many guns, 40 in just the last 3 years alone, I always come back to Sigs, HK and S&W (revolvers). Not because they are better than others but simply because they point well and fit my hand better than others. I tried so many of the newer designed guns but I keep going back to what I am used to. They are reliable and I can afford them so why not?

I think many people get too wrapped up in ergonomics. A gun doesn't need to be perfectly molded to the hand. FAR more important is reliability and how good a track record it has. A G19 is not the ideal fit for my hand either, but I've spent so much time with it that it doesn't matter.

That said, if you aren't comfortable with it, then it is what it is. I suggest an M&P9 next then. I can't emphasize this enough...stick to what has been proven! Guns are not something I would go off the beaten path with when selecting one.

Not just ergos, he said he can't shoot well with it, which is really a bottom line issue.

I'd get a revolver. No collection is complete without a .357 in my opinion.

^Yup

Get a .357 wheel gun. I just picked mine up today.

^yup x2