cigarsnscotch

Goodbye New Jersey!

It is official! It was extremely hard leaving all of our family and friends but it was definitely the right decision!!! We made it down to NC Saturday afternoon and have gotten most of our stuff unpacked. What a trip! We were up for 40 hours straight between Friday and Saturday. And we are exhausted but really like our temp apartment and the area. Driving a Penske truck is brutal!

We're currently in Charlotte but will be buying right across the state line in SC.

I smirked a little bit when I first jumped on the forum just now and saw the new posts while realizing I don't have to deal with any of this crap anymore. Not gloating, just really happy.

I'll pop in from time to time but won't spend much time here anymore (need to learn all the NC/SC laws), but wanted to thank you all for the great community and all of the help and topics you've posted about. It's all been a tremendous help.

Best of luck fighting the good fight and I hope for all of your sake that things get better and NOT worse.

Now I am off to peruse the Internet for an upper to complete my AR that I don't have to neuter and pick up some 30 rd mags! (Sorry not gloating again)....

Take care everyone!

Congrats. Send us pictures of a fully functioning 30 rd mag. A bayonet lug. And an adjustable stock. Just be careful of the crime down there. You know how criminals like to adjust their stock then slam in a thirty rd mag then bayonet you with their ar. Do you really feel safe. Best wishes.

Good to hear you made it out, hope to follow your lead soon.  If I remember correctly, you have to show that you own property and pay property taxes in South Carolina in order to get a CCW permit

Only if you're a non resident. Otherwise a SC driver license or ID should suffice. 

It is official! It was extremely hard leaving all of our family and friends but it was definitely the right decision!!! We made it down to NC Saturday afternoon and have gotten most of our stuff unpacked. What a trip! We were up for 40 hours straight between Friday and Saturday. And we are exhausted but really like our temp apartment and the area. Driving a Penske truck is brutal!

We're currently in Charlotte but will be buying right across the state line in SC.

I smirked a little bit when I first jumped on the forum just now and saw the new posts while realizing I don't have to deal with any of this crap anymore. Not gloating, just really happy.

I'll pop in from time to time but won't spend much time here anymore (need to learn all the NC/SC laws), but wanted to thank you all for the great community and all of the help and topics you've posted about. It's all been a tremendous help.

Best of luck fighting the good fight and I hope for all of your sake that things get better and NOT worse.

Now I am off to peruse the Internet for an upper to complete my AR that I don't have to neuter and pick up some 30 rd mags! (Sorry not gloating again)....

Take care everyone!

We got out and moved into PA about a year ago. HUGE difference between the two states and a lot more freedom. However, I don't know if PA if far enough away. I'd still prefer Oklahoma.

Still. It's a lot cheaper than NJ as well. BTW, the only lame CCW law in NC (while you're there) is not being able to carry in places that serve alcohol. Does not sound like a problem until you realize that everyplace down there serves alcohol. Good luck in SC!

We got out and moved into PA about a year ago. HUGE difference between the two states and a lot more freedom. However, I don't know if PA if far enough away. I'd still prefer Oklahoma.

Still. It's a lot cheaper than NJ as well. BTW, the only lame CCW law in NC (while you're there) is not being able to carry in places that serve alcohol. Does not sound like a problem until you realize that everyplace down there serves alcohol. Good luck in SC!

Maybe Troy will chime in, but if I remember correctly, he has said you can't carry at any event you have to pay admission to, or something like that.

Maybe Troy will chime in, but if I remember correctly, he has said you can't carry at any event you have to pay admission to, or something like that.

In Alabama the rule was alcohol couldnt be the primary purpose of business.  So no bars or clubs, but a bar & grill or somewhere like ruby tuesdays was fine... enjoy the free world! 

"The measure will also allow concealed-carry permit holders to store weapons in locked cars on the campus of any public school or university"

Bet the school shooting rate drops here...

I help relatives drive a Penske truck to Georgia. It really is brutal.

I know someone who just moved to NC, from NJ... HUGE new house, near lakefront property. And they're loving it. And they are gun friendly, which means they will be Right At Home in NC.