mikeyboyeee

Moving- Ammo?

Fortunately for me, I am leaving this hell hole of a state and found a place in Florida to rent for a year, look for job and ultimately buy a place.

I am only moving boxes, no furniture or anything (all for sale btw). Place I rented is fully furnished.

I have a good deal of ammo to move (few thousand rounds of various).

Should I let the movers ship it (would back in cardboard box with LOTS of tape) or do you think I am better sticking it in the trunk with my guns and driving it down?

I would say trunk but that would depend on the total weight of the ammo,space in trunk and if it would be more economical to just ship it in along with your furniture in a secure nondescript receptacle.  Steamer trunk comes to mind. Gas ain't cheap and you're already paying for the moving van.

Movers won't ship it , my movers didn't want anything to do with ammo but guns were all ok.

They will want all gas removed from mowers, weed wackers and so on.

Ammo is a hazmat and will jack the cost up on any shipper due to the route they have to take, example no hazmat in the Baltimore tunnels.

I took all my guns, ammo and gun powder myself to me that was the best and the most safe option

Movers won't ship it , my movers didn't want anything to do with ammo but guns were all ok.

Ammo is a hazmat and will jack the cost up on any shipper due to the route they have to take, example no hazmat in the Baltimore tunnels.

I took all my guns, ammo and gun powder myself to me that was the best and the most safe option

That is why you label the boxes that you put the ammo in "rock collection"

Ammo isn't hazmat.  It's ORM-D.  It can be shipped without any sort of hazmat papers as long as it's marked "ORM-D" on the outside of the box.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ORM-D