NJSlick

Captains Inn in Forked River Denies Veterans Entry

Saw this story on FB. Unreal. They'll never receive any business from me.

"I would like to let all of Ocean County know about a terrible event that occurred this evening. Five friends and I took our motorcycles to the Captain's Inn in Forked River to grab a bite to eat at about 8pm. Two of my friends were wearing the vests that are shown in the picture, and the other three of us had on t shirts with no offensive writing. We were denied entrance and service by security because he considered the patches worn by these two American war heroes to be "motorcycle gang colors". Rather than make a scene, we quietly left and moved on. I would rather not give my hard earned money to a place that treats veterans in this manner. Upon calling the establishment, the owner/manager stated that the vests had "MG" patches, which was a disgusting lie in attempt to save face, as you can see in the pictures. 

It is a sad day when two American war heroes are refused service for wearing the proud colors of the American Armed Forces, not some degenerate motorcycle gang."

Theres no story link but if you follow Jersey Shore Hurricane News, APP, or NJ.com on FB you should see the post. I attached the picture from the story.

996869_10100259156934558_528635566_n.jpg

maybe that was just the parking mourons opinion, not a decision from the owner. we frequent there often & we have our Ducks Unlimited dinners there twice a year & we are allowed to bring long guns that are raffled off, so I am totally surprised 

maybe that was just the parking mourons opinion, not a decision from the owner. we frequent there often & we have our Ducks Unlimited dinners there twice a year & we are allowed to bring long guns that are raffled off, so I am totally surprised 

It wasn't the bouncers or parking management, according to his statement it was the manager/owner. Its going to be he said she said but I don't see why they would lie about this..

I posted a question on their Facebook page asking if they were really denying entrance to veterans, and they deleted it around 30 seconds later.  I suspect they may be starting to feel the heat of a poorly-considered decision.

Good. That place deserves to sit empty for a while. It is very clear what those vests are about.

I posted a question on their Facebook page asking if they were really denying entrance to veterans, and they deleted it around 30 seconds later.  I suspect they may be starting to feel the heat of a poorly-considered decision.

Good, they should feel some heat for a bone head move like that!

They posted this on their FB page about 10 minutes ago.

The Captain's Inn has always been a proud supporter of all our troops and veterans organizations such as the Wounded Warrior Project, Sail for Vets, Marine Corp Ball, Second Marine Division Association, and Vetworks just to name a few. The incident that took place at the Tiki Bar had nothing to do with denying anyone service or denying anyone who was a veteran. The pictures posted are not even of the person in question. A person wearing motorcycle club colors was made aware of the no colors policy and the group as a whole decided to leave. Those wearing the Disabled War Veterans and Marine vests were never the issue. The security officer who handled the situation is a war veteran. The mischaracterization that the Captain's Inn discriminated against anyone who served this country is untrue. We apologize if our polices and protocols offended anyone. That is not our intentions we just keep them in affect so all organizations and patrons can come for a safe and enjoyable experience.

They posted this on their FB page about 10 minutes ago.

The Captain's Inn has always been a proud supporter of all our troops and veterans organizations such as the Wounded Warrior Project, Sail for Vets, Marine Corp Ball, Second Marine Division Association, and Vetworks just to name a few. The incident that took place at the Tiki Bar had nothing to do with denying anyone service or denying anyone who was a veteran. The pictures posted are not even of the person in question. A person wearing motorcycle club colors was made aware of the no colors policy and the group as a whole decided to leave. Those wearing the Disabled War Veterans and Marine vests were never the issue. The security officer who handled the situation is a war veteran. The mischaracterization that the Captain's Inn discriminated against anyone who served this country is untrue. We apologize if our polices and protocols offended anyone. That is not our intentions we just keep them in affect so all organizations and patrons can come for a safe and enjoyable experience.

Sounds like the inter-net-web strikes again.....  Ah --  the days of people getting the facts before crapping all over something are long gone....

I go there all the time for a snack with Vets including my Vet wife.

Now I can't load the pic and the owners statement says the pic is BS anyway.  So, I'm not totally informed.

But I bet there's more to the story.  BTW the sign says NO COLORS.

I will continue to go there and think this story is a bunch of crap.

Leave the damned vests on the bike if you have to.

I'm tired of this wannabe biker stuff anyway.

Just remember leathered up bikers even wannabes, are as intimidating to to some as much as are hoodie gangstas.