deerpark

NJ man approaches police, they confiscate his guns...

Police: Wood-Ridge man had guns, tomahawks, knives, bows, 10,000 ammo rounds, more.

So a NJ man goes to the police and tells them he thinks hes being followed and videotaped.

He also allegedly gave them a 20 page letter.

They take the man to the Bergen Regional Medical Center for an evaluation.

At the same time, they allegedly got a search warrant for his home and confiscated his handguns, long guns, some other junk and 10,000 rounds of ammo...

WTF?

*Edit*, as others have pointed out, the police may have gotten a warrant, which is better than no protocol.

From the article:

"4 handguns; 3 rifles; a shotgun; a crossbow; a compound bow; 2 long bows; 30 arrows; 2 tomahawks several throwing knives; a knife throwing stick; 7 spears; more than 10,000 rounds of ammunition, including hollow-point rounds. Police are investigating.

Meanwhile, “the guns are currently in our possession for safe keeping,” Rutigliano said.

Not much of a collection, and he'll need a court order to get it back.  Wonderful.....

Probably save the "WTF" until we find out if the letter was 20 pages of Bat Shit Crazy.

True....there's usually a "rest of the story".

And the newspapers rarely know what they're talking about.

From the article:

Not much of a collection, and he'll need a court order to get it back.  Wonderful.....

This was my thought.  That's not much of a hoard, especially since it could be 20 bricks of .22lr lol.  Bulls**t they took it from him unless he went nuts in that letter.  

On a totally separate and unrelated note, I was recently informed by a shop owner that you can own and shoot a bow on your own property with no regulations whatsoever.  Kind of made me want to get a crossbow and some targets for the backyard.  

Police: Wood-Ridge man had guns, tomahawks, knives, bows, 10,000 ammo rounds, more.

So a NJ man goes to the police and tells them he thinks hes being followed and videotaped.

He also allegedly gave them a 20 page letter.

They take the man to the Bergen Regional Medical Center for an evaluation.

At the same time, they allegedly got a search warrant for his home and confiscated his handguns, long guns, some other junk and 10,000 rounds of ammo...

WTF?

So i guess you made your judgement based off of reading that letter. If so share it with us so we can get all the info too. Oh wait...you didnt read the letter. Shocker..you made a judgement without knowing all the facts. Sounds about right for this place

Actually, the title of the article is "Man's 20-page letter to police leads to discovery of weapons cache in Wood-Ridge home"...

So i guess you made your judgement based off of reading that letter. If so share it with us so we can get all the info too. Oh wait...you didnt read the letter. Shocker..you made a judgement without knowing all the facts. Sounds about right for this place

Actually, the title of the article is "Man's 20-page letter to police leads to discovery of weapons cache in Wood-Ridge home"...

ok...point is...what was said in the letter maybe gave the police some concern. Its not like he wrote them a poem and they went to his house to take his guns. I am just going to say that most normal people dont write twenty page letters to the police. Maybe it was his manifesto.

I know, I was just bustin ballz, haha. 20 pages definitely sounds like it would be some crazy manifesto...

ok...point is...what was said in the letter maybe gave the police some concern. Its not like he wrote them a poem and they went to his house to take his guns. I am just going to say that most normal people dont write twenty page letters to the police. Maybe it was his manifesto.

A "letter" is not a determination of guilt.