HuntingPaper

NYC "finest" in action again...

Facebook is the unending fetish of people obsessed to know where everyone is and what everyone else is doing at every moment of the day..im with BLKSHEEP.. Never getting involved.. As far as the two NYPD cops., their actions will be reviewed..they cant hide anything from the probable 35 cameras that filmed the incident.. If theyre wrong they will receive due consequences.. .. Unfortunate situation yes.. They were put in a crappy situation in one of the most crowded places in the world.. Were they perfect.. Hell no.. But who the hell is?

Are you saying a requirement to have a gun is that u have to be proficient? Isn't that what people have been fighting. No requirements? So if its one way you are good with it, but the other way no?

If you only "have a gun" - no.  If you carry - yes.  If you're a LEO - double yes, because of high chances using it.

Just my opinion...

I think it's a bit unfair to "Monday morning quarterback" any situation involving a LEO if you don't go out on a daily basis and put your life on the line. 

My friends in LE tell me that this stuff happens in "real time". They have to make a split second decision that will affect theirs and others lives forever and rarely get credit for getting it right but will always receive criticism for getting it wrong. I have a lot of respect for what they do and am willing to admit that I could not do it myself.

That being said there should be a thorough investigation of this shooting.

Yeah but a few months ago when that NYPD rookie had a good shoot in NYC praise was being heaped on him..Now this and they all suck again.. A few here have more hypocritic talking points than MSNBC..

Yea he popped that kid right in the head. I remember hearing they say that my son didn't deserve to be shot be was only shooting at some other person. Wtf. On a side note I work all over NYC & manhattan has to be the most dense area for useless LEO in the country. We're lucky this shit doesn't happen daily.

If the 2nd Amendment guarantees the right to keep and bear arms, you will place restrictions on it?

If you call it "restrictions", so be it.  I don't want anyone with violent crime record to have a gun, and I don't have a problem taking away his constitutional right by a judge (like a right to vote).  And, if you carry a firearm, you better now how it works ("proficient").  I wish we had this level of "restrictions" here in NJ.

I know that driving a car is not a constitutional right, but suppose it is - does it mean there is no need for driver training?  And, to compare to LEO  level - driving a bus full of passengers?  You certainly want your children's school bus driver be professional, very professional...

So many tough-talking guys here who have never dealt with truly (and I mean TRULY) stressful situations, or even the most remote possibiltiy of a two-way rifle range... and they are always the strictest criticts of those who are (potentially) in those situations every fricken day.

So to all of you, I say: Walk the walk, or STFU.

EVERYONE can judge others.... but what about you? Are you PERFECT at ALL TIMES???

T E D I U O U S : /

So many tough-talking guys here who have never dealt with truly (and I mean TRULY) stressful situations, or even the most remote possibiltiy of a two-way rifle range... and they are always the strictest criticts of those who are (potentially) in those situations every fricken day.

EVERYONE can judge others.... but what about you? Are you PERFECT at ALL TIMES???

Nope, but when I make mistakes I don't have a blue wall of brothers AND a union rep covering up my mistakes, I have to own up for my foulups all on my own.  It's on my head.  Yeah - not responsible for people's lives, I get that, but I still have to be responsible for my own actions, as should all people.

If you're inept, I really don't care whether you're stocking shelves at walmart or are a police officer - if you can't do your job, maybe you need to get out and find something you CAN do.  Or shall we say that it's OK if you don't do this particular aspect of your job well, because you didn't quite get enough training?  In corporate america, if you don't have the training and you want to get ahead, you get off your butt and you get yourself the training (at your own expense frequently).  Maybe these guys should put in a little more trigger time, take a few force on force classes (yes, which i have done...).

There are other equally or more stressful situations that occur everyday, and to stand here and say that what LEO's have to do everyday is stressful is to diminish reality.  While shootings occur everyday, the same cop is not involved in all of them.  We all have shitty days.  For that matter we all drive the highways with thousand plus pound vehicles and have to make split second decisions that are life and death frequently too.

Tedious - one U, not two.

Nope, but when I make mistakes I don't have a blue wall of brothers AND a union rep covering up my mistakes, I have to own up for my foulups all on my own.  It's on my head.  Yeah - not responsible for people's lives, I get that, but I still have to be responsible for my own actions, as should all people.

If you're inept, I really don't care whether you're stocking shelves at walmart or are a police officer - if you can't do your job, maybe you need to get out and find something you CAN do.  Or shall we say that it's OK if you don't do this particular aspect of your job well, because you didn't quite get enough training?  In corporate america, if you don't have the training and you want to get ahead, you get off your butt and you get yourself the training (at your own expense frequently).  Maybe these guys should put in a little more trigger time, take a few force on force classes (yes, which i have done...).

There are other equally or more stressful situations that occur everyday, and to stand here and say that what LEO's have to do everyday is stressful is to diminish reality.  While shootings occur everyday, the same cop is not involved in all of them.  We all have shitty days.  For that matter we all drive the highways with thousand plus pound vehicles and have to make split second decisions that are life and death frequently too.

Tedious - one U, not two.

Yeah...stocking shelves wrong is EXACTLY the same thing.

And thanks for the spelling lesson. You have completely dismantled my opinion with that.

Allow me to try this again...

TEDIOUS

yup..mostly because stop and frisk is being curtailed and more innocent will get caught in the crossfire of violent criminals

huh?  have you seen the statistics on stop and frisk at all?  Let's not even get into how impractical, illegal and and a gross overreach of rights it is.

I agree with your earlier comment however, you can't judge a group but let's be honest, you are only allowed to use your firearm in life or death situations and this was not one of those.  Training and better judgement is needed big time in today's pd.  It's an awesome responsibility police have but they are not holding their end of the bargain here.  Social media has allowed more people to see the bs that goes on.  It does go on and it goes on alot as you know.

come from a family of blue and your post is absolutely ridiculous.........

First off, pd is not even in the top 10 for most dangerous profession according to the numbers that have been posted here lots of times.  Hell, roofers have a more dangerous job and I have a greater chance of not coming home from work than a police officer...by the numbers....

Secondly, if you can't handle the 'truly stressful' situations for your municipal job then you should get a different one

lastly, no one is given as much bandwidth, support, and protection as pd so please cry from a different pulpit. I can be fired or let go for anything and pd cannot. These guys that shot up nyc last year are enjoying their job and lives while people are still dealing with the after effects of their calious abuse of the public trust. 

Can anything happen at any given time, absolutely but let's not sanctimonious here

Police hold an awesome responsibility and it needs to be cherished as such. 

I believe if you draw your weapon  you should be able to hit your target.

true but you can't discount the human element here.  Your stress level rises, heartbeat races, and you are trained to not second guess your decision once it's made but that is very difficult as training takes over and your mind challenges it at times.  How many officers are firing thousands of rounds down range in training under stressed conditions to simulate and actual shoot?

I can tell you having seen first hand when SP/PD training introduces 'distractions' how quickly accuracy breakdown and people get flustered.  Now imagine it's in the open street, pedestrians are nearby, you don't know if the guy has a gun or is reaching for his wallet and something triggers a loud noise.  You have to give some leeway here.

there is still a human element involved

So for the sake of full disclosure why doesnt everyone else here disclose their occupations so we can have a full rip session and blanket statement other jobs.. Lets monday morning QB everyone here because we're all apparently experts in everyone elses job and if you cant do your job you should move on.. I'll tell you one thing honestly.. I aint gonna tell an ironworker how to erect steel because I read some internet articles, you know if they eff up and the structure collapses people die.. I aint telling a doctor how to do bypass sugery because i googled it.and they can kill people if they screw up..., any you know why BECAUSE I DONT DO THEIR JOBS, DIDNT GO TO THEIR SCHOOLS AND DONT THINK I AM AN EXPERT BECAUSE I TOOK A NIGHT COURSE OR READ SOME INTERNET ARTICLES ON THEIR OCCUPATIONS..

I know a ton of people that cant hit the broad side of a barn...should they be allowed to posses guns based on your statement?

God that is an awful truth.  The first thing I do is see if they have a colt rifle...lol......just kidding colt guys

come from a family of blue and your post is absolutely ridiculous.........

First off, pd is not even in the top 10 for most dangerous profession according to the numbers that have been posted here lots of times.  Hell, roofers have a more dangerous job and I have a greater chance of not coming home from work than a police officer...by the numbers....

Roofers?

Really??

I'm out.

So for the sake of full disclosure why doesnt everyone else here disclose their occupations so we can have a full rip session and blanket statement other jobs.. Lets monday morning QB everyone here because we're all apparently experts in everyone elses job and if you cant do your job you should move on.. I'll tell you one thing honestly.. I aint gonna tell an ironworker how to erect steel because I read some internet articles, you know if they eff up and the structure collapses people die.. I aint telling a doctor how to do bypass sugery because i googled it.and they can kill people if they screw up..., any you know why BECAUSE I DONT DO THEIR JOBS, DIDNT GO TO THEIR SCHOOLS AND DONT THINK I AM AN EXPERT BECAUSE I TOOK A NIGHT COURSE OR READ SOME INTERNET ARTICLES ON THEIR OCCUPATIONS..

Oh I went through that many times on here because I'm union.

But I'm a union insulator/ asbestos worker

Another dangerous job

If the 2nd Amendment guarantees the right to keep and bear arms, you will place restrictions on it?

Is every right in the Bill of Rights sacrosanct, absolute and not to be restricted for any reason whatsoever?

Are any of them?

Roofers?

Really??

I'm out.

bureau of labor and statistic.

Most police are killed in car accidents with nearly half not being on the job. 

As for roofers, 3x as many on disability for accidents than police and 34 per 100k killed on the job vs police at 12 per 100k. 

you really want to go down this road or would you like to actually have a factual discussion?

I am a huge advocate for more training but training costs money. If we trained as much as we wanted the cost of ammo and ot would skyrocket. Then the bitching would start about how much police cost taxpayers. Cant have it both ways.

absolutely agree on all counts.  This is definitely one of those double edged swords.  Here's the rub however, we all know many towns that have armored vehicles (middletown has 3).  How about we get less of these type tools and more training?  I'm all for more training

So if a bridge collapses, only PEs should be allowed to criticize the engineer who designed the bridge?

absolutely agree on all counts. This is definitely one of those double edged swords. Here's the rub however, we all know many towns that have armored vehicles (middletown has 3). How about we get less of these type tools and more training? I'm all for more training

most depts dont pay for them. Its homeland security money that is to be used for certain assets. Most times they dont pay for standard training like that. Only specialized training.

So if a bridge collapses, only PEs should be allowed to criticize the engineer who designed the bridge?

Yeah. You two have totally destroyed every objective concept that I could ever conjur about THIS PARTICULAR issue.

Bridges. Roofers.

Nice comebacks.

Hard to argue with those two unrelated issues, so... I won't.

Unbelievable.

Yeah. You two have totally destroyed every objective concept that I could ever conjur about THIS PARTICULAR issue.

Bridges. Roofers.

Nice comebacks.

Hard to argue with those two unrelated issues, so... I won't.

Unbelievable.

you are making yourself look bad and ignorant with this 5th grade rebuttal

in case you missed it;

bureau of labor and statistic.

Most police are killed in car accidents with nearly half not being on the job. 

As for roofers, 3x as many on disability for accidents than police and 34 per 100k killed on the job vs police at 12 per 100k. 

There are actually 12 jobs more 'dangerous' than police and you'd be surprised to see what they are.

you are taking this personally it seems.  No one is denigrating police here.  What is being presented is a statistically accurate take on the term 'dangerous'.