RUTGERS95

m1 carbine in 9mm for $346!

because i need another rifle LOL

Paul, If it does not say m1 Carbine on the receiver whats your thoughts?

ar-15 are banned by name and similer but ar's are legal

It would be a nogo for NJ. Were you around for the Kahr situation?  NJSP FIU Lt. Schlueter approved that one for sale in NJ. However, when the skeptics found out that carbines were legal, they called the NJAG to "verify". The AG put a stop to it within one week because of how it was listed in the law as "type".

It would be a nogo for NJ. Were you around for the Kahr situation?  NJSP FIU Lt. Schlueter approved that one for sale in NJ. However, when the skeptics found out that carbines were legal, they called the NJAG to "verify". The AG put a stop to it within one week because of how it was listed in the law as "type".

i was not around during that

It's not illegal, just buy one and enjoy it.  No one is gonna prosecute you over something like this.  Shit, we all own AR-15s, and those are banned by name.  Same with AKs.

How do you figure? Show me a NJ legal AR style rifle that says AR15 on the lower receiver.

I would think that as long as it doesn't say M1 carbine on it, it should be good to go.  I'm going to purchase one of those retrofit M1 carbine style stocks for my ruger 10/22.  IMO, there is no way that can be construed as an M1 carbine type.......its a ruger 10/22 that would look similar to an M1 carbine but mechanically completely different.  I would think that in the OP's case it would be the same.  Different manufacturer, no interchangeable parts with a real M1 carbine, not to mention a different caliber too.

I'm torn. It looks really, really nice. But that mag makes it hella gay. I might buy one if there were aftermarket mags.

Aint that something? They make it specifically to use an existing mag for convenience and cost savings and I want an aftermarket mag.

It just does not look "right" with the 9mm mag.

I would think that as long as it doesn't say M1 carbine on it, it should be good to go. I'm going to purchase one of those retrofit M1 carbine style stocks for my ruger 10/22. IMO, there is no way that can be construed as an M1 carbine type.......its a ruger 10/22 that would look similar to an M1 carbine but mechanically completely different. I would think that in the OP's case it would be the same. Different manufacturer, no interchangeable parts with a real M1 carbine, not to mention a different caliber too.

Original m1 carbines as well as most commercial made versions do not say M1 carbine either. The AO carbine used non interchange internal parts and was not marked M1 carbine and is still not ok forsale.

I would think that as long as it doesn't say M1 carbine on it, it should be good to go.  I'm going to purchase one of those retrofit M1 carbine style stocks for my ruger 10/22.  IMO, there is no way that can be construed as an M1 carbine type.......its a ruger 10/22 that would look similar to an M1 carbine but mechanically completely different.  I would think that in the OP's case it would be the same.  Different manufacturer, no interchangeable parts with a real M1 carbine, not to mention a different caliber too.

You've answered your own question as to why a Ruger 10/22 in M1 carbine makeup wouldn't be considered a "M1 Carbine type". Mechanically different, no interchangeable parts, etc.