olderguy

UTAH no longer good in PA

=

All gun laws passed in PA in the next 5 years will be pro-2A.

You are mixing apples and oranges. This is a rouge Ag hired by Bloomberg that is breaking the law and running around like a whacko. It has nothing to do with the gun culture in PA (the strongest in the US), and nothing to do with the legislature.

How did Bloomberg get her in?

Is it possible a future AG will reverse all this BS?

The point is that if you were relying on a UT permit to do this, it no longer applies. Therefore you need to disarm in a vehicle.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk 2

Don't believe that is true. It's been discussed before and I believe stated that when open carrying, you don't need to disarm in a vehicle if you have any CCW.

I just looked into the TX CHL and the class must be completed in TX. The cost is $140 unless you qualify for a discount (military is free). Classes are 4-6 hrs and include a 50 question test and a 50 round shooting qualification. I see classes from $50.

http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/RSD/CHL/faqs/index.htm

At this time it looks like the TX CHL is the only option for a NJ resident to conceal carry in PA. If NH ever changes their law to again allow NJ residents without a NJ CCW to obtain a NH CCW then this too would work for PA.

Wait, if Pennsylvania's AG has cancelled reciprocity on non-resident CCW permits for several other states, why would everyone be in a rush to get one from Texas?  (I asked a similar question when PA cancelled FL reciprocity, and everyone was rushing to Utah.  I was told that the Utah agreement was statutory, and it would be unlikely that she would change it.)

Who is the real driving force behind this campaign to eliminate recognition of out of state, non-resident CCW's in Pennsylvania?  I doubt the AG is deciding it on her own.

I just confirmed with Amber in the Utah Dept of Public Safety that the Utah site has changed this morning to indicate that PA no longer honors the Utah Concealed Firearm Permit. Damn. Are we now down to only New Hampshire that is valid?

http://publicsafety.utah.gov/bci/FAQother.html

PennsylvaniaUtahReciprocity.pdf

Fortunately, my company has offices in all 50 states and my son wants to attend Culinary School in Charleston, SC...he graduates from Warren County Tech in June 2017 and by August, I plan on re-establishing my SC residency (shouldn't have left in '93 anyway)

I just confirmed with Amber in the Utah Dept of Public Safety that the Utah site has changed this morning to indicate that PA no longer honors the Utah Concealed Firearm Permit. Damn. Are we now down to only New Hampshire that is valid?

http://publicsafety.utah.gov/bci/FAQother.html

So, if I read the UT site correctly, UT will still honor PA (or any other state's) CCW but PA won't accept UT.  What a load of crap!!!   You're not playing by my rules so I'm taking my ball and going home so you can't play anymore...NYYAAAAHHHH!!!!!

I'm starting to think about getting rid of my FID and run with nothing!!! Less restrictions,less jail time, less worring about the laws changing while we sleep and wake up felons.now the front door is being watched by the gov. On one side and the criminals on the other! That last part is redundant isn't it?

. Are we now down to only New Hampshire that is valid?]

NH is still valid but unless you already have on the NH law now requires u to have a permit from your home state. And when it expires you will not be able to renew.

Road trip to Texas is the last option to get a PA valid non-resident carry permit.. The 10hour training must be taken in TX.

NH is still valid but unless you already have on the NH law now requires u to have a permit from your home state. And when it expires you will not be able to renew.

Road trip to Texas is the last option to get a PA valid non-resident carry permit.. The 10hour training must be taken in TX.

I got my New Hampshire permit a month before the requirements changed. So I'm good for another 2 and a half years.

Maybe I'll be living in Pennsylvania by then.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk