bhunted

Palmetto State Armory -1 million

OK, mini rant... I will no longer purchase anything from these effing morons that have no clue how to run a business let alone have decent customer service.

If you are patient with these people and don't care, good for you. But others, be forwarned... I've bought from them before but this takes the cake.

[RantModeOn]

June 24th, I ordered 2 Kimber Tac Mags currently in stock. They charged me 2 days later. Here it is 15 days later and they said that I'd have a tracking number yesterday.

Prior to that, I inquired about the order via email. Took them 6 days to respond. I called after the first week and said everything was good and it would be going out soon.

Got another email the other day that they were now processing the orders from the 24th and I needed to send in my FFL info so they could ship my guns.

I went nuts and emailed them back and got a short note saying my order will go out Tuesday. If you don't call them when they first open, you are on hold forever till you get fed up and hang up.

They still are blaming the lag times due to pretty much the panic buying, (yea right)...

So "F" them.... I could care less what they have in stock and what deals are best. They are miserable to deal with and can care less how you feel.

[/RantModeOff]

OK, I feel better... well sort of  :)

I have only ordered from them a few times, and its always been ammo.  I was not in dire need of said ammo at the time i ordered it, so I could wait for it to be shipped/delivered.  I will say that they are pretty slow with the shipping, and they do not always know what they are doing (I'm pretty sure they have like 3 employees that cover the entire web business.. lol)

I am confused though..   You did say in your post that these were MAGS, right?  (not the actual guns?).  Seems to me like they were not really reading the order properly or that the person doing the customer service doesnt really know the industry/business very well...  I know PSA is frustrating to deal with to many..  They dont seem very well organized

PSA has always been slow, that is their normal operating speed, everything about them is slow  :D .  When they get busy they get reallllly slow, that's just the way it is with them.  When considering an order from PSA you have to decide if speed or value is more important.

No guns. Just 2 measily mags... There is nothing worse that emailing a customer service rep and they either don't read the whole email and come up with some lame brain remark or don't look at the order at all which evidently is the prob here.

You'd think after all these years, they'd smooth out their problems. Shame, because they have good deals on occassion and generally I do not have a prob with waiting. But they charge you almost immediately and hold the order? What the frack?

On another note, I bought the last Kimber from an out of state company in Minnesota. No CC fees and free shipping with killer deals. I spoke to the manager and asked them about their policies and he responded the way I would have. No worries, we don't pull that sh*t here. We'll charge you when it ships. Now that's service because he told me straight up and everything he said and was posted on their site was precise right down till how long processing was, etc...

I know... and like I said, normally don't mind. But they are just bugging me now. They rarely change the account status on the web, they rarely send me shipping details. I also don't like being charged right away if they are not going to ship within resonable time. I just hate the fact they still haven't learned. When the panic buying was on, they were just as slow as they are todays and I can't be the only butthead that pisses down their necks. When is it time for them to get the "Here's Your Sign" line? Get more help or better help.

PSA has always been slow, that is their normal operating speed, everything about them is slow  :D .  When they get busy they get reallllly slow, that's just the way it is with them.  When considering an order from PSA you have to decide if speed or value is more important.

I have bought lots of ammo through them, also an upper.

Good prices, great upper, but shipping is slow as hell. If I need it quick, I don't buy from them.

Never had a customer service issue with them, and I hope never to have one.

I've seen molasses run faster in sub zero temps. Bottom line, I'll pay a little extra for good service which has always been my policy. This just teaches me a lesson that I should have known better.

From now on, I'll stick to the better serving companies.

I bought an upper from them about a month ago. The website said shipping times were 14+ days, but it arrived in 10 days. I was expecting them to be slow, but I got my order quicker than expected and I never had to contact them. When I've emailed them with questions previously it usually took 2-3 days to get a response. Certainly not the fastest but I was OK with it.

I've purchases several times from them and never really had an issue...however,I went in with the realization that fast shipping is not their strong suit and only contact them by email.

When they're flush with ammo and accessories and the emails hit your in box?.... double their usual wait times.

Screw them.... This is the end. Let's someone else put up with their bs.

For what it's worth, alot of you boycott people and places for less or just having opinions. This is no different.

When customer service is this bad, as Jean Luc would say,

" I draw the line HERE"!!!

I tried to be patient before, but No mas, no more, eff them. Can't even call them, voice mailbox is full which tells me they get a lot of pist off people inquiring about most

likely, their mia orders. Blah!

Sent from my iPad 2 using T2 Pro

Cheap-Fast-Good

With PSA you get one choice instead of two, and that choice had better be cheap.

I've had two orders with them, no problems on either other than they took a few weeks.  But I fully understand it's a crapshoot when ordering.  If there is any issue with your order you'll probably get the fastest resolution by disputing the charge with your credit card company instead of trying to call/email PSA.

Here's my problem with PSA. They are known to move slow, in a business that is known to move fast. When I spend $100 with Tactical Distributors, they overnight my order for free. Things like that make me hate PSA that much more for the multiple orders I placed with them in the past that took at the minimum of 1 month to ship.

They're from SOUTH Carolina.  Everything moves slower in the south.

It's true :p

But with that said, I live literally a block from the PSA warehouse and I can tell you that there is a UPS trailer parked out there and it only leaves a couple times a week.  I think they save BIG on just filling up the trailer and waiting for it to fill up before shipping.  Additionally, they have a very young work force(low wages) so....screw ups and delays are happing.  Hell their Fernadia store has a shit ton of yonger kids working there, that is one of the reasons I refuse to go to their range again.  As others have said, if you want a great deal with good quality, PSA is the way to go....you just have to wait....

I know they just bought a BIG warehouse in West CoLa with an expected employment around 150-200 so I do hope they get their act together.  I do believe they are starting to catch up and straighten out their shipping issues.  I have heard there are quite a few new hires to straigthen the company out.  I love their deals and hope they do well as they are great for the Columbia community. 

If you decided to cancel your order Joe Bob Outfitters has Kimber 8 rd .45 Tac-Pro Mags for $19.95. I don't know if those are the ones you were trying to get from PSA but maybe these are a substitute?

Thanks for the tip, but they are for an ultra, so I need the 7 round compact ones. I'll check if they have the compact ones though.

They sent me an email tonight saying that he'll have his boss push the order through. I replied and said get it done asap or I'll file a dispute.

Push it through after over 15 days? Really? If you saw the emails, you'd think they are all teens like the other fellow mentioned.

I agree... I'm done with PSA as well...

I won't go back to PSA if they offered me 1,000 rounds of CCI .22 for $10.

Back in May, I placed an order for 1,000 rounds of CCI .22 at a dime a round, the website showed it in stock. Reading the fine print, it can take up to 5 days to ship, so I didn't worry. After a week of not hearing anything, I checked the site. It was out of stock. Then it was in stock at a higher price. Then it was out of stock. Then it was back at an even higher price.

I emailed to inquire and was told it would ship by Wednesday. I emailed them back to tell them that I was dissatisfied with the lack of communication, and asked if the ammo was indeed in stock and whether or not I should cancel the order for a refund, which was ignored. 

When the ammo didn't ship on Wednesday, the last date I was told, I emailed them back because they missed the initial shipping date, and then the revised shipping date, after jacking the price up twice on the ammo I had bought. I asked again outright if they had the ammo in stock. 

Only then did they send an email back saying they were waiting for a "partial shipment" from CCI. At this point, they sold me ammo showing in stock that they did not have, held my payment for nearly two weeks before shipping. They did not communicate any delays to me and were rather unresponsive until I threatened to cancel my orders. 

When they finally did ship my ammo, they didn't tell me. I sent them yet another email telling them that I was appalled by their customer service. They had three chances to tell me the inventory wasn't in stock and my order would be delayed. They blatantly lied to me when I asked if the ammo was actually in stock. And when they finally shipped my order, there was no communication.

As someone who spent years working in customer service, making calls to customers telling them we don't have the inventory sucks. But more often than not, the thing that angers them more than anything is not setting reasonable expectations. If you don't have the inventory, tell the customer, and tell them when you anticipate getting it in. If I had known that I had essentially placed a backorder right off the bat, I would have gone somewhere else and spent more for my ammo.

Needless to say, despite what they can do with an AR, I won't be giving them any of my money. Poor customer service has lost them a potentially lucrative customer.

I'm done with them now for sure. They lied to me again. I filed a dispute with my cc company. As for ammo, it can be had just as cheap elsewhere if you know where to look. Like I said, if you are patient, fine. I am too. But not when they charge your card right away then give you a song and dance or don't communicate at all.

Just like good restaurants, I don't mind spending a little more for good service and good food. These variables are what I try to go by. Case closed. I ordered some elsewhere for a few bux more but at least they'll be here on time.

If this was poor service in almost any other business, (like restaurants), you'd ditch them like a used condom... So the patient and the tolerable are not the quorum in this world when it comes to bad service.

Finalization...

- First thing this morning, filed a dispute.

- later in this afternoon, got email stating the compliance rep is behind 8 days. If I don't want to wait, he'll refund my account...

My response:

- Compliance for what? The are 7 round mags for a 1911. NJ is 15 round limits.

- You effing got my order on the 24th and charged me on the 26th. Now adding it all together and after telling me it was going put 2 days ago, that after 15 days you want to tack at lease another 8 days on?

Refund my card and you'll never get another order from me. You obviously have no clue how to do business and I know quite a few people that have also stopped buying from you. Couple other choice words and that was that.

For a few bux more, I have 3 mags on the way from 2 different sellers and have tracking numbers from all of them already.

They should not be in business because scaling it up, if several of us are pist at them there must be literally 1000s more pist as well. How they stay in business is beyond me.

Ugh!

I order a case of ammo when they offer free shipping. If it shows up in a month or two, fine by me. They are still faster than getting a P2P in NJ.

They ship firearms very quickly (in my experience)...

I've never waited more than 3 weeks to get my permits in hand. I've waited more than double that just for my order to be processed.

How they stay in business is beyond me.

well, considering they are a brick & mortar store first (I believe?) and an internet based business second (even if the internet orders outpace the B&M sales), im guessing thats how they stay in business.  Plus, for every person like yourself that will no longer do business with them (and im not saying there is anything wrong with that), they get 2-3 more customers because of their good deals, regardless of shipping times. 

Just my opinion.. 

Yea, just like most businesses. But if they want to get rich(er), they should fix their issues. Funny after I told him to refund me, I get a tracking number. Now let's see if they send it anyway. I already got the disputed amount back on my card. Eff-'em...

Now that I'm at my desk, here is the last email I sent them..

First off, those mags are well within NJ law. We have a 15 round limit and they are 7.....

So enough with the BS and excuses. Refund my card and you'll never get another order from me again.

This is no way to conduct business and the excuses are weak at that. Your company is the worse I have ever dealt with.

I have quite a few people in my group who have also stopped buying from you folks along with many others that warned me. But what pist me off the most is you charge almost immediately and sit on the order for weeks. Refund me...

Have a good day...

John

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Thursday, July 10, 2014 16:00

To:

Subject: RE:

The person that approves items to go to non compliant states is behind 8 days.  I will refund your credit card with your approval.  If you do not want to wait.  Just email me.

well, considering they are a brick & mortar store first (I believe?) and an internet based business second (even if the internet orders outpace the B&M sales), im guessing thats how they stay in business.  Plus, for every person like yourself that will no longer do business with them (and im not saying there is anything wrong with that), they get 2-3 more customers because of their good deals, regardless of shipping times. 

Just my opinion..