Malsua

Name that rifle

So this isn't a game I have an answer to.  I am wracking my brain trying to figure out what rifle these guys are holding...and I'm just not seeing it.  I think that knock-out in the stock is throwing me off as it looks like an m1 Carbine but an M1 stock is canted downward and these are straight and the action looks different.  It's almost like a K31 Carbine..but that's not it.     I'm just missing it.  Thoughts?

frenchrifle.jpg

Front sight and magazine are wrong for a M1 carbine. Can't see the action that we'll but magazine and front sight look like a Mini 14. I might guess H&K SL6 but front sight is wrong. That may not be a cut out in the stock but an inventory label.

I think Mini 14.

The website specifically says it's a French modified Mini 14

"French version of American rifle Brand RUGER - MINI Model 14 / 5.56mm - 5.56 x 45"

Another image of a cop with the gun:

tZezgMy.png

That one different. Sights are forward and bolt handle is odd.

That one different. Sights are forward and bolt handle is odd.

That looks similar to the bolt handle on a SL6. However, the oprod is enclosed on the SL6 forward of the breech and that looks more like a Mini 14 oprod with a SL6 handle.

It's one of the toy ones that, when you pull the trigger, the white flag of surrender pops out.

A) They seem to be accounting quite well for themselves in this case

and

B) you should read this: http://www.breachbangclear.com/contributor-chris-hernandez-on-working-with-the-french-army/

The french soldiers don't deserve anyone's derision, even if sometimes their government does. 

I must say in the last couple of days I ve seen a variaty of different firearms in the french hands. Very surprised on how it seems every department got their own pick .... even thou their police forces are much more centralized than ours...

btw besides the military I didnt see any french made firearms ...

I must say in the last couple of days I ve seen a variaty of different firearms in the french hands. Very surprised on how it seems every department got their own pick .... even thou their police forces are much more centralized than ours...

btw besides the military I didnt see any french made firearms ...

2013 Paris MILIPOL French Ministry of Interior (POLICE) weapons booth.

77419445-2BBC-4884-B2AC-927F8134C836_zps

French police officer equipped with a Mousqueton A.M.D., a Ruger Mini-14 made for French police. ‪#‎CharlieHebdo‬

Find out more about this interesting contract carbine here: http://tinyurl.com/pvh43j3

The FFL are bad dudes and one of the premier SF units in the world. They do not mess around.

France has also been one of our largest, most consistent, and dependable allies in the GWOT.

I met a guy who did 5 years in the Legion in the late 70s, early 80s. He didn't speak a word of French when he went in but spoke pretty fluent French when he got out. When you join the Legion you take an oath of allegiance to the Legion not to France as I understand it . Like becoming a Mason. While all the officers are French, most of the enlisted are not. I think even today over 100 nationalities are represented in the Legion.

Legionaires are among the elite fighting units in the world. The brutality (not toughness) of their training makes them so. You have to remember they were formed in the 1800s because France didn't want to waste French soldiers fighting in their colonies.

While they are given their missions by the French government most of them are not French.

Yeah I'm surprised I haven't seen more of the French police/GIGN/etc with FAMAS...

Why? It is an old gun they never really loved. It needs special ammo, it hasn't really been upgraded in a long time (even if new versions were made, the French army didn't buy them) and it is basically an evolutionary dead end. I'm not at all surprised you don't see it.