Sign in to follow this  
Nucrunner

Lost Sheperds - Southampton Township

My sister lives in Southampton Township, just off of Route 70 near Wharton State Forest. 

Her two young German Shepherds (10 months) took off in the woods (probably chasing a deer), and never returned.

Dogs are friendly, last seen Saturday night (February 14).

If you live in or travel through the area, and see them or know of their whereabouts,

a phone call to 609 859 2281 would greatly appreciated.

post-6977-0-36303500-1424057049_thumb.jpg

My sister lives in Southampton Township, just off of Route 70 near Wharton State Forest. 

Her two young German Shepherds (10 months) took off in the woods (probably chasing a deer), and never returned.

Dogs are friendly, last seen Saturday night (February 14).

If you live in or travel through the area, and see them or know of their whereabouts,

a phone call to 609 859 2281 would greatly appreciated.

I saw this on Facebook tonight from my friends. Hope they are found safe and sound.

Thanks for all the feedback.

Jake and Smokey still have not returned.

My sister contacted a tracker/trainer who told her to

keep looking, but the best chance of finding them is to use social media.

Again, thanks for the feedback, my sister is not very social media savvy,

But she has friends helping, and this group has helped me to show her that the word is getting out.

^ good point! also make sure to call Animal Control and the local police to report them missing. Also might want to put up some flyers at all local pet stores, vets, groomers ect if it has not been done already.

Look towards the bottom of the posts. Looks like they came back on their own.

https://www.facebook.com/165544503515421/photos/a.536536463082888.1073741827.165544503515421/784911311578734/?type=1&theater

"We have some great news to share this evening!

Jan Mower, a resident of Southampton Township, has located her two German Shepherd puppies! They returned to her property on their own this afternoon. She looked outside her window and she spotted them in her yard."

Good job on those two for returning home! Good to hear they are safe! I didn't want to be the a-hole of the group and say how those two dogs are gorgeous and GS are popular and I could of seen people just stealing them to have for themselves, which is F'd up. Good to hear they are back! Time to get the other microchipped!

Yes! Yes! Happy to report the dogs returned on their own!

One was scratched up a bit, the other appeared to have maybe some frostbite on

His paws. Both have a Vet appointment in the morning.

Every time I talked to my sister she sounded more depressed at having the dogs run off.

She said she looked up at the sliding glass door today and Jake was standing there,

She ran outside, and Smokey jumped on her from the side (happy to see her jump).

One was chipped, the other was to be chipped this week or next (I'm sure it will happen tomorrow).

Thanks again for the feedback and tips from this forum.

Like I said, my sister is not social media savoy, I was able to

Feedback to her comments and links from this forum - I know it helped to keep her hopes up over the past 4 days!