NJSigfan

Tire shops

Hello forum members...

I'm looking for a little help. I'm looking for new tires on my 2014 Jeep Wrangler unlimited. Size is LT 285/70/17. I'll need 5 and will be using the stock wheels so I'd like to the half the TPMS reinstalled.

Funds Are in hand so looking to get get done before the holiday weekend.

Can anyone recommend a good reliable shop for tires that won't jack up my jeep with a crappy install?

I live near Clinton nj, but work in bridgewater so ill drive 30-45 minutes from there

For my POS Hyundai I got tires in Paterson for $25 a piece, 90% tread...for my wifes car that carries the kids I went to Discount Tire in Andover who cut me a good deal and new. 

Branchburg All Tire.

3221 Hwy 22 E, Branchburg, NJ 08876

(908) 725-7373

they're just down the street on 22 west of milltown road. They're pretty good about matching places like discount tire and tire rack for price, especially if you're getting road hazard on the tires. I've used them for almost 15 years now and have bough numerous sets of tires from them (5 by my count at this point) along with other work. Supposedly they do vehicle pick up and delivery as well. If you speak to mike or ray tell them John "Mr. Triple Tread" sent you. :D

This. I've been getting my tires from them for over a decade now.

Yup.  This.    Find the tire you want and find an installer.

The only thing I will suggest is that you call the installer and sometimes they have the tires on hand and you can save the shipping.

Tirerack.com

Buy your tires and have them shipped to one of their authorized installers. They usually charge $15/tire to install. Warranty is handled through the installer, if needed.

I like Tirerack too. I have them shipped to me then I take them to my local guy. Mounted, balanced, installed, old tire recycled... $20/tire.

I like Tirerack too. I have them shipped to me then I take them to my local guy. Mounted, balanced, installed, old tire recycled... $20/tire.

you know you can have them shipped directly to your local shop. i have a couple customers that get theirs shipped to me. i call em when they come in, and they drop off the car for the work.

you know you can have them shipped directly to your local shop. i have a couple customers that get theirs shipped to me. i call em when they come in, and they drop off the car for the work.

That's exactly what I do. It's the only way I'll buy tires anymore!!

For Tirerack, i had them shipped to my local pep Boys. Worked out great. Minimal charges to mount em at Pep Boys.

Also used Sams Club. Decent all around. Plus they'll fix flats and have a good replacement deal built in.

I brought a tire from my new truck there. Had a flat. They fixed the tire that came from Toyota on a truck they never service. I think just because i bought a set of tires there for our Ford.

So Sams club also a decent choice.

Thanks guys for all the info on tiretrack ! I've never heard of them. I use Barneys in Lakewood. They are reasonably priced and do excellent work.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

if i recall, when i was njwg lgt, we used to send our lskewood squadrons van to them. they always did good work for us, at a very reasonable price.

For Tirerack, i had them shipped to my local pep Boys. Worked out great. Minimal charges to mount em at Pep Boys.

Also used Sams Club. Decent all around. Plus they'll fix flats and have a good replacement deal built in.

I brought a tire from my new truck there. Had a flat. They fixed the tire that came from Toyota on a truck they never service. I think just because i bought a set of tires there for our Ford.

So Sams club also a decent choice.

gotta be careful with places like that. first and formost.....you ever seen tires with weights approx. 180 out from each other? 'cause i have. i've also seen em with a weight at say....12oclock......and one at 4 and one at 8. kinda stupid. always find out they came from those kinds of places.

the other......make sure they torqued your wheels properly. whenever i get a tire that my gun struggles to remove the lugs.......without fail, it was at one of those kinds of places.........