Sign in to follow this  
maintenanceguy

Anti-Gun Pediatrician's Visit

I was surprised to find this in our part of the state..  My child had a checkup today.  Large assembly-line pediatrician's office in Vineland, Cumberland County.  Wife got quite a nasty lecture, even after she explained that all guns are locked up in the safe.   I would have told the doctor that it's none of his business.  She just wasn't expecting the conversation to come up and just wasn't prepared.

Just a heads up.  If you have kids in the county, I'm sure you'll know the place.  

Anybody know a good pediatrician in Cumberland/Salem Counties.

They have been brainwashing doctors and pushing them to ask these questions for some time now.  If he/she was going beyond just a question and being nasty, middle finger and walk out. MYOB. 

BTW, under the pretext of "see something, say something", those pediatricians (and teachers) also been told to call Child Protective Services. Now parents have to walk on eggshells everywhere they go. 

So choose your pediatrician wisely. 

I was surprised to find this in our part of the state..  My child had a checkup today.  Large assembly-line pediatrician's office in Vineland, Cumberland County.  Wife got quite a nasty lecture, even after she explained that all guns are locked up in the safe.   I would have told the doctor that it's none of his business.  She just wasn't expecting the conversation to come up and just wasn't prepared.

Just a heads up.  If you have kids in the county, I'm sure you'll know the place.  

Anybody know a good pediatrician in Cumberland/Salem Counties.

What was the lecture?

My wife's a pediatrician. They're not all bad. She asks about guns in the same breath as swimming pools and household chemicals because they have the potential to be dangerous to a curious toddler/child.

Your wife may be different, but most doctors are not experts on firearms, pools, or household chemicals.

I don't mind the doctor doing their job of being your child's advocate or reminding you to be safe and to teach your kids proper handling/respect for firearms. Is it any different when they lecture you to cut back on the potato chips, chocolate, cigarettes or Beer? You don't like to hear it but they have to say it.

Not all doctors are bad...

http://www.cnn.com/2015/12/03/health/san-bernardino-swat-doctor-profile/index.html

LOL Pete...  How ya been?

and this has been getting some push from the AMA for a while.

http://www.ammoland.com/2015/06/what-to-do-when-your-doctor-asks-about-your-guns/

Claiming only to be concerned about “gun safety”, the latest code term for gun control, the AAP pushed its member doctors to advise families to get rid of their guns. One of the authors of the original AAP anti-gun policy, Dr. Katherine Christoffel, was quoted in an AMA journal as saying “Guns are a virus that must be eradicated.”

The American Medical Association (AMA) and the American College of Physicians (ACP) have also mounted aggressive and highly publicized campaigns against gun ownership and advised their member physicians to pressure their patients to get rid of their guns. Other physician specialty groups have done the same.

I recently went to my primary care doctor and they asked the same thing on their forms. I told them I have guns just to see if they would say anything.  The nurse reviewing my "Health Assessment Questionnaire" asked if I was "Worried about the dangers of having guns in my household."

I asked her if she was worried about being defenseless when someone broke into her house.

She looked super pissed and dropped the conversation.

I have an open invite for my kid's pediatrician to go shooting any time. :D

Her, her hubby, and her kids too.

When she asked the question I turned to the kid and said "repeat the 4 rules of gun handling" and he did. Then I had him recide the Eddie Eagle mantra (stop! don't touch! find an adult!)

I also asked she leave the check box blank on the form she was going through.

I don't mind if mine knows, as he also shoots. So it makes sense that she know so if she observes something (that us parents might miss) in his exam that could indicate lead-related issues.

If you can't have a good relationship with your kid's doc, you need a new doc.