TonyS.

Bass Pro a'coming to Sayreville

Don't know if this is old news .... but I have it on concrete terms that Bass Pro will be opening a store in Sayreville....right next to the GSP. I must admit...I'm somewhat excited. Competition is a good thing so maybe Dicks will lower their prices a bit if BP's prices are better. You know that won't be for ammo though. :icon_rolleyes:

Bass Pro has some nice shops.

Anybody that shops at Dicks is an anti, a communist, and a traitor to the United States.

Don't be shy...tell us how you really feel...lol

I think I've been in one 2 or 3 times while looking for a tent.

Wasn't impressed.

Really? Cheaper than Dirt? Walmart?

Walmart is okay with me on the 2A front. Yes boo hiss they don't sell AR15s anymore but their ammo is cheap. If I didn't load and cast 9mm I would buy theirs at sub $10 a box

Really?  Cheaper than Dirt?  Walmart?

Are you serious?

They sold thousands of custom ARs just before Sandy Hook, bought and paid for. Then they decided because of Sandy Hook they were out of the AR business and would not deliver bought and paid for rifles. Just when there were no rifles available and you couldn't get one unless you wanted to pay thousands. And certainly not one of these. Violated their contract with you for rifles sitting in their shops, bought and paid for. Also violated their contract with the manufacturer. Then, taking advantage of the shortages, they sold those same damn rifles, the exact ones you paid for, under their Field and Stream brand for double the price to other people. The same exact rifles, they never got another one of them from the manufacturer.

FUCK THEM.

Not only are they anti-gun, they are thieving, profiteering, hypocrite anti-gunners that rip you off so they can make more money elsewhere and come out in the press smelling like roses.

Cheaper Than Dirt and Walmart have never done anything remotely like that. This is douchebaggery of the highest order.

Hey Dicks - Eat shit and die.

And I hope anybody that shops there gets turbo ebola.

• Like 3

So a corporation made a policy not to sell things.  Ok.  A subsidiary opened and started selling those same things.  OK.  They didn't take a rifle you bought and paid for and gave it to someone else to sell.  If anything was bought and paid for, but not delivered, I'm sure those affected got their money back.  It's not like someone went online and "bought" a Bushmaster from Dick's the day of Newtown and expected it to be delivered.  

It's capitalism, baby, not communism.

Enough derailing the original subject.  We all know how you feel about Dick's.  You've made it known MANY times.  Others disagree.  Enough is enough.  Wishing harm/disease on those that choose to shop somewhere is crossing the line - it stops now.

• Like 1

You know I don't want anybody here to get ebola and that is for humorous dramatic effect. Calm down. I mean, seriously :)

I'll drop it for now. I do wonder why you would castigate Cheaper Than Dirt or Walmart that never did anything but offer you a product for a price and yet defend an actual hypocritical anti-gun company that screwed people over, but I guess you will have the last word.

• Like 1

This bass pro is still years away -- the site is just dirt and been that way for 4 or 5 years now although they have started to move the dirt around and level out the site... sort of

It's right at the bottom of the driscol bridge, southbound side, right against the raritan river -- and you have the beautiful smell if the middlesex county sewage authority

Heh - I love how everything originally said 2015. I bet the soil there was very contaminated. I know the site of the old Ford plant in Edison was like that too. Same with the GM Plant in Linden. Takes years to cleanup that soil...

I remember those sites, they got rid of all those nasty manufacturing sites in NJ and replace them all with shopping centers. Replace the well paying skill jobs with minimum wage monkey jobs. We are much better off now

This bass pro is still years away -- the site is just dirt and been that way for 4 or 5 years now although they have started to move the dirt around and level out the site... sort of

It's right at the bottom of the driscol bridge, southbound side, right against the raritan river -- and you have the beautiful smell if the middlesex county sewage authority

That was pretty close to National Lead and Essex Chemical... now called Essex Specialty Products... to satisfy Sayreville's Real Estate Agents.....  Used to duck hunt there in the late 70's as a kid.  Not sure who operated those "ponds" just west of the GSP.  I'm not sure what you call  them. But waste would be dumped there and left to dry.  DuPont and Hercules had similar, but smaller ponds on the other side of town to the south, near Sunshine Biscuits.

But they were probably filled with some nasty stuff.

I had read that that whole area was being worked on in preparation for residential construction and retail space.  When I heard that I thought... there's a place a child should never ever be....

I remember those sites, they got rid of all those nasty manufacturing sites in NJ and replace them all with shopping centers. Replace the well paying skill jobs with minimum wage monkey jobs. We are much better off now

I knew a lot of kids who's parents made a nice living working in all those places.  DuPont is still there, but it's a fraction of what it used to be from what i heard.  The rest, for the most part, are gone.

• Like 1

That was pretty close to National Lead and Essex Chemical... now called Essex Specialty Products... to satisfy Sayreville's Real Estate Agents.....  Used to duck hunt there in the late 70's as a kid.  Not sure who operated those "ponds" just west of the GSP.  I'm not sure what you call  them. But waste would be dumped there and left to dry.  DuPont and Hercules had similar, but smaller ponds on the other side of town to the south, near Sunshine Biscuits.

But they were probably filled with some nasty stuff.

I had read that that whole area was being worked on in preparation for residential construction and retail space.  When I heard that I thought... there's a place a child should never ever be....

I knew a lot of kids who's parents made a nice living working in all those places.  DuPont is still there, but it's a fraction of what it used to be from what i heard.  The rest, for the most part, are gone.

YOU NAILED IT!

I live one town over.  My FIL used to work at National lead.  I have friends that are Firemen in Sayreville.  They can't for the life of themselves understand HOW the demand for water pressure will be met for fire suppression alone.  According to them, the plan should have never been approved and public safety is at tremendous risk!  With all of the planned residences, the entire infrastructure (which is aged at best) will be overtaxed way beyond capacity.  The Sewerage Treatment Plant is right next door to this fiasco too!  There are NO plans on the County level to upgrade the plant, now almost stretched beyond capacity (and the 1st toilet hasn't flushed YET!).  Things "get really RIPE" by Melrose section of Sayreville (almost a mile away).  How or WHY someone would invest in a Condo over there is local wonderment beyond belief!  

"They're trying to make a "Pier Village" (restaurants, shops like BP, and thousands of residences) in Sayreville, at a traffic bottleneck next to a Shit Plant" is what most of the Locals are saying around here!

So how bad are my taxes going up to pay for this boondoggle???  And besides, it's still NJ, so every box of pistol ammo needs booked-out.  How many "books" is one store allowed to have?  What happens if the dates go all out of order because of multiple books being used (or do we all wait for 1/2 hour or more to check-out while standing in a huge line waiting with our NJFPID cards in hand)???  Inquiring minds wanna know!

Unreal.  It's even worse than I thought it was.  

And that area is in fact a bottle neck.  I know there's some access by the giant church, but other than than and Main St. there's no way in our out.  Residences would be bad enough.  Add retail and you have Route 17 on a Saturday.  But on a 2 lane road.

I doubt I'd go up there for Bass Pro Shops other than being off of work on a weekday.  but it does screw Veterinarian visits.....

YOU NAILED IT!

I live one town over.  My FIL used to work at National lead.  I have friends that are Firemen in Sayreville.  They can't for the life of themselves understand HOW the demand for water pressure will be met for fire suppression alone.  

This is interesting -  Water pressure --  I've been working a few miles down the road -- Towne Lake off main street at sayreville blvd south -- Housing -- around 300 single family homes and they just finished about 400 apartments -- As you may or may not know I do all the irrigation on that site -- every house -- every apartment building 

The one thing that area is not lacking is water pressure -- Sayreville has their own water dept -- they don't buy water from anyone -- in fact they sell it

100 psi in every home in town lake  -- enough that they had problems with water heaters in the beginning of construction -- too much pressure -- banging pipes when they used copper -- they switched to pex when copper was $3 per pound and that stopped all the banging

I am 100% positive that, at least a few miles down the road, water pressure is a non-issue -- I also did every lawn sprinkler on the other side of town at LaMer off Ernston rd right up against the parkway -- same water pressure there too 100+PSI

why's this? what has dicks done to be labeled a traitor?

Because they obviously pissed in his Cheerios.

I don't buy guns from Dick's because their BS policy says that you have to have an identical name on your license and FID. My FID has a middle initial and my license does not (birth certificate does not have it, but social security card does). When I told them that is wrong, since your DOB, SSN, and residence proves you are the same person, they said that it was going to cause the NICS check to come back bad. They even had the balls to tell me that I have to go get that squared away or "else."

Well, being I've purchased about 10 or so firearms since then, and never had an FFL question it (mentioned it to Paul at NJ Arms, and he even thought it was dumb)... their policy caused the loss of probably two or three firearms sales (being they have good sales). If I need ammo, or it is priced good enough, I buy from them. But shy of that, my business goes online.

mipafox is entitled to his opinion. I will say that if he wants to call me any of those for buying from Dick's (if they have the best price in a Capitalist society), then I can answer with a response that he might not like either... that kind of goes with the territory.

The idea he has is just the same when eBay and PayPal went anti-gun. I remember being able to buy a .40 caliber Beretta slide with no questions asked off eBay, and there was a time where that was banned. You know what, if there is something I needed on eBay, and it was a good price, I picked it up just the same. PayPal, same thing. There are plenty of righteous people out there, but with the size of some of these companies, you usually only hurt yourself or other gun related companies by boycotting them. Numrich has an eBay account, and usually has slightly lower prices on there.

Bass pro is no better than dicks. I had great service at the south plainfield store. The large woodbridge one by me is terrible.

Bass pro in PA refuses to sell to NJ holders. Cabelas loves NJ money, plus their firearm selection is WAY bigger.