Sign in to follow this  
Purple Patrick

The best $25 ever spent

Magpul B.A.D. lever. Why does everyone not have one of these on every rifle. It makes bolt manipulation the easiest thing ever. They should be mandatory on every single ar. Seriously don't buy that extra box of ammo next purchase, throw one of these in your cart. Takes precisely 17 seconds to instal and is the single best modification I've ever made.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Magpul B.A.D. lever. Why does everyone not have one of these on every rifle. It makes bolt manipulation the easiest thing ever. They should be mandatory on every single ar. Seriously don't buy that extra box of ammo next purchase, throw one of these in your cart. Takes precisely 17 seconds to instal and is the single best modification I've ever made.

It's one of the best add-ons for an AR.  I always put one on.  Just don't rely on it as a crutch - make sure you know how to hit the bolt release and train that way too :)

I put one on my rifle and the bolt hold open on empty stopped working. I tried fiddling with springs but the only way to get things running properly again was to remove the gadget.

I've heard of this happening before.  What mags were you using?  could be the follower/follower spring?  Maybe the BAD lever was rubbing on the frame?

I haven't had an issue with the 3 AR's I've put 'em on...

I had them on both ARs... and removed them recently.

I had sporadic failures locking back on an empty magazine. Sometimes it worked, other times... not so much. That was on a 5.56mm and a .45 ACP (Macon Armory USC magazine adapter).

I also had the lever loosen up and move forward/back. Would also cause the failures, as the lever would pin the bolt catch. I attempted to Loctite it (the lever to the paddle), but all that caused was me to buy two new bolt catches (I purchased Strike Industries enhanced bolt catches... which are nice).

• Like 1

Training, that's why. I have been using the AR for over 30 years, and never had a need for a gadget like that.

If it works for you, cool, but it is not for me.

The AR platform has changed a lot in 30 years. The cool thing is we can choose which upgrades to the platform we prefer and make it our own, but the rifle is much different today then it was 30 years ago

i tried to use it.  I just never got used to having the thing in the trigger guard.  I never went to use it anyway

I can see how it might be an issue if you wear gloves a lot. I have large hands and I never noticed it crowding the trigger guard, even when wearing thin gloves. With heavy winter gloves maybe it is an issue.

I put one on my rifle and the bolt hold open on empty stopped working. I tried fiddling with springs but the only way to get things running properly again was to remove the gadget.

Check your bolt catch spring. A lot of the bolt catch springs are marginal to start and the moment you add some weight to the button it no longer has enough oomph to keep the parts in proper alignment. Good news is it is like $2 for 3 of those springs at brownells.

For my money, the BAD it goes on every rifle.

• Like 2