tgz13

The Official NJGF Photo Thread!

Don't see many Marlin M90's around.

This summer I read on the forum 16ga. com that an M90 owned by old-time actor Tom MIx was up for auction. I see it's still available. Interesting example of gunmaking art and a price to go along with it!

http://www.auctionfl...genum=1〈=En

My first shotgun. Doesn't get shot very much, it's got some play side to side in the locking mechanism. I figure it will look good over the fireplace some day.

A month or so ago I missed out on a Savage 99 that was for sale on NJ Hunter. It would have been a total impulse buy, but after some research, I decided I wanted one. Brought one home today. .300 Savage, not sure of year of manufacture yet.

DSC_0340.jpg

Shoots pretty good, too, IMHO. First time out today.

DSC_0341.jpg

Handguns (Beretta 92FS, Colt Officers Model Match 38, Colt Detective Special 38, and S&W Model 63 22LR).

Sorry about the glare...

Wow, I have the same Colt Officers Model Match! I have it in 22 as well. Great gun, although she's just a safe queen along with her 22 twin.

Some nice older shotguns there EMB. I like the Fox, Elsie, and two of my favorites; the M37 & A5. Classic pieces.

Thanks Parker, and good eyes on the model 37!. Only the Browning and the Remington see much action outside the safe (because that Ithaca kicks like a mule), but the safe queens are all family pieces, much cherished.

Wow, I have the same Colt Officers Model Match! I have it in 22 as well. Great gun, although she's just a safe queen along with her 22 twin.

Nice! I would love to have a matched set of these, and I saw your earlier pictures. I still shoot the OMM, and it has a really nice actiion. It was originally used by my dad when he was in the Paterson Police league, and won some nice trophies for him. Colt sure knew how to make them, back in the day...

Nice! I would love to have a matched set of these, and I saw your earlier pictures. I still shoot the OMM, and it has a really nice actiion. It was originally used by my dad when he was in the Paterson Police league, and won some nice trophies for him. Colt sure knew how to make them, back in the day...

Those where my grand-parents, bought from a gunshop in West Orange of all places! I still have the key to adjust the rear sight and the gunshop business card as well.

The M37 Featherlight was probably one of the best made American pumps going. Fewest parts of any pump shotgun, all forged steel, yet close to a pound lighter than a comparable 870 or M12.

The A5 needs no introduction.

Rifles

22LR - Winchester 61, and a Winchester 1906. The Matinee gun is in mid restoration, and was in even worse shape before we started with the mag tube cut off, the barrel painted black, and the forearm split, painted, and held together with a huge bolt. Will be reblued once done.

Guns078.jpg

Winchester Model 88 .308

Guns084.jpg

M1 Garand and Springfield 03-A3

Guns080.jpg

Black Powders - Remington 700ML and Thompson Renegade

Guns093.jpg