Sniper

Bear Creek Arsenal gets Raided by ICE, 30 People Taken into custody

Well, that's going to leave a mark...

Approximately 30 people were taken into custody by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement at a manufacturing company in Sanford Tuesday morning.

It happened at the Bear Creek Arsenal.

The Lee County Sheriff's Office said it was the result of an ongoing investigation by ICE into identity theft and fraud.

"He was like, 'yeah they took her and what they were doing is taking people to the breakroom, and if you didn't have valid ID, they were taking them out,'" he said.

Bear Creek Arsenal said it is cooperating and added that "Homeland Security has confirmed that our Human Resource Department had complied with all laws, rules and regulations in our hiring practices."

"It is unclear at this time if the local business was at fault," Sheriff Carter said in a news release. "What I want Lee County residents to know is that this was not a random operation by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement in Lee County, this was the result of an ongoing investigation by Immigration and Customs and isolated to one location."

https://abc11.com/30-people-taken-into-custody-by-ice-at-sanford-company/5122017/

1 minute ago, Sniper said:

I'm sure, somehow, it just must be Trump's fault...

Let me run over to CNN to find out. :hang:

Okay, let's not drag it into politics... yet. lol.

Legit question, don't manufacturing employees need to go through some background checks if they are working for a gun company? Ala pink card holders for FFL Sales people. 

6 minutes ago, Maksim said:

Legit question, don't manufacturing employees need to go through some background checks if they are working for a gun company?

That was one of the comments I read about the story, they're giving illegals access to internal information on gun manufacturing?

Does sound strange.

7 minutes ago, Maksim said:

Just trying to get a jump on the liberal media... lol.. ha..

1 minute ago, myhatinthering said:

has to be more to this because the company stated that they had followed all of the rules laws and regulations applicable here and that was confirmed by the feds so there is definitely more to this

It’s $3-5 k for papers.

they network like a summabitch 

4 minutes ago, Zeke said:

It’s $3-5 k for papers.

they network like a summabitch 

$3 to $5k to work for $8 an hour?

At the same time, the owners of the company can't be stupid... 

How many total employees do they have?

Is it 30 out of 500?  Or is it like 30 out of 40?

If most of your staff speaks Spanish... and your company makeup looks like a landscaping company... can you really cry "I didn't know"?

REALLY REALLY weird. 

Unless the company owners really believed in immigration. 

3 minutes ago, Maksim said:

How many total employees do they have?

Is it 30 out of 500?  Or is it like 30 out of 40?

If most of your staff speaks Spanish... and your company makeup looks like a landscaping company... can you really cry "I didn't know"?

REALLY REALLY weird. 

Unless the company owners really believed in immigration. 

Silly, you forget state bennies.

plus the I’d theft parabola

44 minutes ago, Maksim said:

The owners might have just verified the papers given to them (even if fake). After all, they're not the FBI.

Here's more:

Carter wrote in a message on social media, “What I want Lee County residents to know is that this was not a random operation by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement in Lee County, this was the result of an ongoing investigation by Immigration and Customs and isolated to one location.”

Viridiana Martinez, a spokeswoman with Alerta Migratoria, told The News & Observer that the local Latino advocacy group has heard from people inside the factory who said the ICE agents were looking for specific people.

At one point, Martinez said, 70 people were detained.

Martinez said Sanford has long been a destination for immigrants because they can often find jobs with local businesses.

https://www.newsobserver.com/news/state/north-carolina/article225554780.html

3 minutes ago, High Exposure said:

This could be due to some ITARS violations.

This is speculation as I am not 100% sure - I’m not totally spun up on ITARS beyond training considerations - but it is something I’ve heard tossed around about the reasoning behind this.

International arms trafficking? 

36 minutes ago, High Exposure said:

This is speculation as I am not 100% sure - I’m not totally spun up on ITARS beyond training considerations - but it is something I’ve heard tossed around about the reasoning behind this.

32 minutes ago, Zeke said:

International arms trafficking? 

Correct me if I am wrong, but if it was ITARs related, it would not be ICE and it would be Department of Treasury and the Feds, er FBI.

4 minutes ago, Maksim said:

Correct me if I am wrong, but if it was ITARs related, it would not be ICE and it would be Department of Treasury and the Feds, er FBI.

You may be wrong.

You may be right.

It’s not unheard of for one investigation and action by one agency to lead to another investigation and action by another.

Like I said, I don’t know. It’s just something I heard.

• Like 1

Or perhaps ITAR issues on top of immigration?

If it was ITAR, or specifically ITAR tax not being paid... they would go after the boss, not the employees.   We will find out soon enough.

But AFAIK, they didn't export their stuff, did they? 

Isn't Viridiana Martinez the activist that AOC is taking to the SOTU tonight? 3-5k for papers is chump change compared to the fed/state freebies. Owner didn't know nothing kinda smells fishy. Not making it political, but maybe their next stop should be Pelosi's vineyards. I've always held the position that if they went after the business owners hiring illegals it would put a crimp on the practice.

9 minutes ago, bennj said:

Isn't Viridiana Martinez the activist that AOC is taking to the SOTU tonight? 3-5k for papers is chump change compared to the fed/state freebies. Owner didn't know nothing kinda smells fishy. Not making it political, but maybe their next stop should be Pelosi's vineyards. I've always held the position that if they went after the business owners hiring illegals it would put a crimp on the practice.

Like asplundh?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bennj said:

I've always held the position that if they went after the business owners hiring illegals it would put a crimp on the practice.

What if the fake identity papers being turned in had S.S. numbers, birth dates and names that jived? How would the employers know they're hiring an illegal? That's the whole point of them paying for these fake identities, right?

4 hours ago, High Exposure said:

On another board, a firearms manufacture said it was ITARS, having illegals involved in manufacturing.

8 hours ago, Maksim said:

Legit question, don't manufacturing employees need to go through some background checks if they are working for a gun company? Ala pink card holders for FFL Sales people. 

They probably hired a temp agency to vet the employees. If there's an issue it's with the temp agency.

ICE should raid Gannet's plant in Rockaway NJ. I bet they walk out with way more than 30 questionable immigrants. 

1 hour ago, Sniper said:

On another board, a firearms manufacture said it was ITARS, having illegals involved in manufacturing.

So essentially the same issue... ITAR/Dept of Treasury was not happy that illegals were involved in a weapons manufacturing business.... so they called in ICE.

In essence will be interesting to see whether owners will claim negligence that "didn't know that all of those Spanish speaking employees were illegal" or will fess up.

I am sure he will get a big fine at least or lose accreditation for this mishap.

Treasury, ATF, ICE.... yeah, that will suck. 

It's one thing if you hire them to clean the floors... but why not hire you know, Vets and other good ol boys down in NC to build guns!  Or they are all too expensive to hire?

"American guns... Built by Illegals"  How is that for irony. 

4 hours ago, High Exposure said:

4 hours ago, Maksim said:

Or perhaps ITAR issues on top of immigration?

If it was ITAR, or specifically ITAR tax not being paid... they would go after the boss, not the employees.   We will find out soon enough.

But AFAIK, they didn't export their stuff, did they? 

4 hours ago, Zeke said:

You’ll need to ask @GRIZ. But it falls under customs bmk 

ITAR is enforced by State, Commerce, and the Homeland Security Investigations component of ICE which also conducts the investigations of immigration violations. Hard to do an ITAR case without involving Customs.  Enforcement and Removal component of ICE is responsible for rounding up illegals.

The FBI does not usually do ITAR cases.  However, they kind of do whatever they want as they are the FBI.

Investigative agencies that have jurisdiction in Customs violations (HSI being the primary) actually have just about the broadest authority in federal law.  They always have had this.

Some jackass on this forum thinks Customs only involves checking packages and luggage.  When he made that comment I didn't dignify it with a response as he did a good enough job displaying his ignorance.

I can't remember if ITAR has anything about having aliens working at a place manufacturing arms but there are regs governing the sharing of arms manufacturing technology.

From the article I surmise that the illegals working there were doing so because they provided false documents  (identity theft).  There is more to the story which may implicate the manufacturer in ITAR violations.

I don't know of any federal law requiring any special documentation for people working in the firearms manufacturing industry.  Last time I was at the Colt plant the workers were all members of the Teamsters Union.

• Informative 2

2 minutes ago, GRIZ said:

ITAR is enforced by State, Commerce, and the Homeland Security Investigations component of ICE which also conducts the investigations of immigration violations. Hard to do an ITAR case without involving Customs.  Enforcement and Removal component of ICE is responsible for rounding up illegals.

The FBI does not usually do ITAR cases.  However, they kind of do whatever they want as they are the FBI.

Investigative agencies that have jurisdiction in Customs violations (HSI being the primary) actually have just about the broadest authority in federal law.  They always have had this.

Some jackass on this forum thinks Customs only involves checking packages and luggage.  When he made that comment I didn't dignify it with a response as he did a good enough job displaying his ignorance.

I can't remember if ITAR has anything about having aliens working at a place manufacturing arms but there are regs governing the sharing of arms manufacturing technology.

From the article I surmise that the illegals working there were doing so because they provided false documents  (identity theft).  There is more to the story which may implicate the manufacturer in ITAR violations.

I don't know of any federal law requiring any special documentation for people working in the firearms manufacturing industry.  Last time I was at the Colt plant the workers were all members of the Teamsters Union.

So the next question, do we believe the Bear Creak owner(s) are actually ignorant?  Or willfully ignorant?

14 minutes ago, Maksim said:

So essentially the same issue... ITAR/Dept of Treasury was not happy that illegals were involved in a weapons manufacturing business.... so they called in ICE.

In essence will be interesting to see whether owners will claim negligence that "didn't know that all of those Spanish speaking employees were illegal" or will fess up.

I am sure he will get a big fine at least or lose accreditation for this mishap.

Treasury, ATF, ICE.... yeah, that will suck. 

It's one thing if you hire them to clean the floors... but why not hire you know, Vets and other good ol boys down in NC to build guns!  Or they are all too expensive to hire?

"American guns... Built by Illegals"  How is that for irony. 

HSI doesn't have to be "called in" by anyone to start an ITAR investigation.  If you want a for instance PM me and I'll set you up with one.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, JT Custom Guns said:

We were there largest dealer in NJ.......

Thanks for being part of the problem :)

Can someone verify jacks a Legal Citizen?

Just messing with ya bro... but seriously.. I guess everyone should ask... how exactly did they make such cheap factory ar's. i guess we know :)

This is the biggest FACEPALM possible.

How is it that a manufacture of firearms does not preform background checks on employee's. I know few companies use E-verify (for good reason). but seriously nothing at all?

According to the report the investigation was triggered from Identity theft...
(As if this is a surprise.)

Its common for illegals (almost always) to use forms of ID that are fake or stolen.  In any case it does not last long... the IRS will send notices that SS number does not show as valid to the employer. 

Was this a case of Look the other way so we can build $300.00 factory AR rifles and parts or did the company really not realize that its workforce were illegals. regardless of the reason its a fucking shame and shows how stupid they are.

For ICE to do a raid of this type tells me there is MORE to this story... It cant just be for 30 Illegals or a few cases of Identity theft...  They were using undercover vans to monitor the company.... this was a big investigation.

On another note... WTF is up with that town...    Bunch of stores closed in fear....  with signs.. Closed for Maintenance, Plumbing Problems.. etc etc

Then to top of off a jerk off was Facebook living the event spewing his Immigrant Fake news and then mentioned ICE was lucky they had protective vests on...   Well fuck him..... I would personally like to find out more about this asshole... He wore a radio on his chest and had a company name listed... Maybe Ice needs to raid that place as well.

In the end I never used Bear Creek... Never Planned on using Bear Creek and Fuck Bear Creek.

Me thinks they will be gone unless someone can explain WTF went on in that place.