Jump to content

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Danno said:

Never be allowed in NJ.

It's a brace, not a stock.

On a side note, it looks like the blade brace that noone likes. 

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Will be good for Non-NFAs.

I prefer the look and feel of the BTR.  Got to handle it at SHOT Show as well as the BSL.

mag1079_blk_02.jpg

https://magpul.com/firearm-accessories/pistolbrace-btr.html

BSL is definitely "bladey" - the BTR is a bit nicer in feel.  However - If you're looking for a tight fit, neither of these braces are very "tight" against the buffer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Krdshrk said:

Will be good for Non-NFAs.

I prefer the look and feel of the BTR.  Got to handle it at SHOT Show as well as the BSL.

mag1079_blk_02.jpg

https://magpul.com/firearm-accessories/pistolbrace-btr.html

BSL is definitely "bladey" - the BTR is a bit nicer in feel.  However - If you're looking for a tight fit, neither of these braces are very "tight" against the buffer.

By not a tight fit do you mean wobbly?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Krdshrk said:

Well that's the opposite of a tight stock fit... They seemed a bit wobbly/rattley to me but again they were not actual production models.

So why didn't you say that? Geez. I'll stick with my SBA3 and A4. There's already wobble between my upper and lower. No reason to add more. :)

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ChrisJM981 said:

So why didn't you say that? Geez. I'll stick with my SBA3 and A4. There's already wobble between my upper and lower. No reason to add more. :)

Reading comprehension is key.  A "loose fit" denotes wobbly....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Krdshrk said:

Reading comprehension is key.  A "loose fit" denotes wobbly....

Point of order - This is not a reading comprehension issue, you described it poorly. I couldn't tell what you meant either.

You said:

3 hours ago, Krdshrk said:

BSL is definitely "bladey" - the BTR is a bit nicer in feel.  However - If you're looking for a tight fit, neither of these braces are very "tight" against the buffer.

That doesn't mean anything. Neither brace has any contact with the buffer. 

A stock or brace is fitted to the receiver extension (commonly mislabeled as a "buffer tube). The buffer is inside the receiver extension and is affixed to one end of the action spring (commonly mislabeled as a "buffer spring").

The statement "Tight against the buffer" makes no sense.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, High Exposure said:

Point of order - This is not a reading comprehension issue, you described it poorly. I couldn't tell what you meant either.

You said:

That doesn't mean anything. Neither brace has any contact with the buffer. 

A stock or brace is fitted to the receiver extension (commonly mislabeled as a "buffer tube). The buffer is inside the receiver extension and is affixed to one end of the action spring (commonly mislabeled as a "buffer spring").

The statement "Tight against the buffer" makes no sense.

Hah you got me there - I did mean buffer tube, not the buffer itself.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Krdshrk said:

Hah you got me there - I did mean buffer tube, not the buffer itself.

What's a "buffer tube"?

Ohhhhh. You mean "receiver extension". 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...