Bklynracer

Supreme Court Takes First 2A Case in a Decade

The fact that NJ won't have to change the wording in the statute is moot, and probably the NJ anti-gun crowd are happy about it.

The NJ Superior Court in each county is who issues permits. They will slow walk cases and still not issue permits. I foresee yet another law suit.

• Agree 1

24 minutes ago, revenger said:

Newsmax story said that there might be 2 opinions posted on monday,    didn't say which ones

i think the only way they'd post a favorable 2a one would be late. if they post a 2a one early, it's prolly not good news for us

I think Monday is Jones VS Crab. Mr. Jones was arrested for putting his hook in the water 15 minutes too early after a complaint by his neighbor for violating city ordnance 324392 (Fishing before 9 am)    His tackle box was searched for illegal hooks. None were found. Mr. Jones sandwich was taken as evidence.  He's seeking relief and his sandwich back.  

• Thanks 1

Despite what you read in the right-wing "sky is falling" websites, the 2A has done very very well over the past 30+ years. In the late 1980s only a handful of states allowed concealed carry and only a couple had constitutional carry. Today it's 40+ and 20+. (digression: I consider constitutional carry to be the gold standard for gun rights, with shall-issue a close second. To me these are more important than mag caps or what type of gun you can own). Given how our rights in every other respect have been pummeled, that's a very positive thing. 

A positive ruling would end NJ's ridiculous ban on CC. I wonder though how far our shithole state (btw, has anyone been to Bridgeton?) will go to cling to its current status as the absolute worst state in the union for gun owners. They could, for example, introduce ridiculously high fees or crazy training requirements which will take many additional years of legal challenges to overcome, if that may be done at all short of another SCOTUS case.

A "NYET" (a tribute to Mother Russia) could have very far reaching consequences, however. I'm afraid if SCOTUS re-defines the 2nd Amendment (perhaps in the image and likeness of the 2-3 "conservatives" on the court who are not very trustworthy) we could see a YUGE reversal in the progress that's been made. Especially as the legislatures and other state-level offices are infiltrated and conquered by the woke motherfuckers who are taking over every aspect of society.

That trend is unstoppable, btw. We can "win" in November, but remember the Republican Party is only a couple of years behind the democrats on nearly every issue. You could see that with how they rolled over and played dead on the M-F vaccine mandates. 

The Republican Party is not your friend. They are better, much better, in a "lesser of two evils" kind of way but mark my words, in a few years they'll be marching in chaps at Tranny Pride next to Chuck and Nancy. The issues then will be whether there are 37 genders or only 35, and whether abortion will be permitted up to 9 months after birth.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, ShootersShooter said:

What was the reason for posting something so heavily covered by all news media? 

Probably same reason someone wrote the article , for someone to read.

posting was just an update, Article said ruling could be in a few weeks .

57 minutes ago, Bklynracer said:

Probably same reason someone wrote the article , for someone to read.

posting was just an update, Article said ruling could be in a few weeks .

THere's no could about it. it could be any day they issue orders, and has to be by the last day of the session which is july 17th. 

I'm not a lawyer or a mind reader. Assuming they will rule on Roe v. Wade in the manner suggested by the recent leak, however, I see a similar originalist (albeit mirror-image) argument. Abortion is not explicitly mentioned or even implied, so they correctly saw no constitutional right. That position would/will be gutsy. "Shall not be infringed" is literally in the document, and would require a similar level of intestinal fortitude.

On the other hand we've just had three high profile shootings, probably all groomed by the alphabet agencies. It was pretty obvious that either the cops are total pussies, which was amply demonstrated two summers ago as they watched the country burn, or they were ordered not to enter the building. Either way contributes to the general Twilight Zone look and feel of modern America. The only thing police protect and defend these days are their salaries, benefits, their sick day accruals, and the guys in the dayglo yellow holding "SLOW" and "STOP" signs at construction sites.

1 hour ago, samiam said:

What perverted mind bending techniques might they have developed and perfected in the past seven decades that could allow them to stockpile mass killers to be called forth on demand by some key phrase or other trigger

It’s called Twitter.  

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, samiam said:

I really hate to indulge my paranoia to that extent, but I've been wondering about this for some time. It does seem like one of these shithouse-rat-crazy killers always materializes at the most opportune moment for the Deep State interests, doesn't it? The CIA has been documented as conducting an experimantal program (MK-Ultra) in the late-50s and early-60s that used the admistration of LSD and other mind-altering substances and techniques to produce subjects who could be completely controlled, with no real volition of their own; some people have attributed Lee Harvey Oswald's participation in the assassination of JFK to that program. It is probably reasonable and justified to suspect that the CIA didn't stop there. What perverted mind bending techniques might they have developed and perfected in the past seven decades that could allow them to stockpile mass killers to be called forth on demand by some key phrase or other trigger?

and remember...the buffalo killer had shiit written on his rifle. the navy yard killer supposedly also had shiit written...actually etched intot he wood.....on his shotgun. that one claimed he was hearing voices too.

3 hours ago, samiam said:

Yeah, maybe. Frankly, I don't give Twatter credit for being much beyond an infantile ego exercise for semi-literates. In-depth analysis in 160 characters or less, hilarious.

But able to move flocks of sheep.

On 6/4/2022 at 1:21 PM, samiam said:

I really hate to indulge my paranoia to that extent, but I've been wondering about this for some time. It does seem like one of these shithouse-rat-crazy killers always materializes at the most opportune moment for the Deep State interests, doesn't it? The CIA has been documented as conducting an experimental program (MK-Ultra) in the late-50s and early-60s that used the admistration of LSD and other mind-altering substances and techniques to produce subjects who could be completely controlled, with no real volition of their own; some people have attributed Lee Harvey Oswald's participation in the assassination of JFK to that program. It is probably reasonable and justified to suspect that the CIA didn't stop there. What perverted mind bending techniques might they have developed and perfected in the past seven decades that could allow them to stockpile mass killers to be called forth on demand by some key phrase or other trigger?

The plot to kill JFK was ongoing and active for months before he was killed. There was an incident in Chicago and one in Florida, where killers were waiting. Kennedy cancelled a trip to one of those places -- Oliver Stone explains. The (conspiracy) theory was that Kennedy was resisting a buildup in VietNam that his generals (and Eisenhower, the author of "military industrial complex" - Ha!) were pushing for. 60 years later I can think of only 10 years or so when we were not either in a hot war or a proxy war. The "loony right" view JFK as a martyr. 

Our alphabet agencies, including some allegedly tasked with law enforcement, have an endless supply of disaffected, perpetually offended, idealistic, not-too-bright recruits to play with. They have infiltrated every organization and groom the nuttiest from among their membership. Then there's the constant drum of media inciting hatred based on race, religion, sexual orientation, anything. The recruits come out of the woodwork and do their thing, whether it's a mass shooting or some other mayhem, which is immediately exploited by the media and elected officials. This past month our friends in Washington enjoyed a bumper crop. 

I'd like to know, for example, how the asshole in Texas got $4000 to spend on firearms when I, who can afford a $2300 rifle, still scour the mil surp ads for bargains. Why the cops showed such brazen cowardice (and are getting away with it even as we wave or "thin blue line" flags). How he got away with his social media posts when I'd be kicked off instantly for posting the same stuff.

I'd also like to know why we spend 10s of BILLIONS on NATO when a s******e country like Ukraine is supposedly beating Russia. All we needed, after all, was Ukraine, right?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Newtonian said:

I'd like to know, for example, how the asshole in Texas got $4000 to spend on firearms when I, who can afford a $2300 rifle, still scour the mil surp ads for bargains.

He put them on a credit card, and you are cheap. That’s pretty much the explanation for that bit.  

• Agree 1

25 minutes ago, 1LtCAP said:

how'd he get a cc with that high of a limit at 18? and unemployed? or did he have a job?

Predatory credit cards are super easy to get. That’s why lots of colleges have banned them from soliciting on campus. They specifically target that age group. 

3 hours ago, raz-0 said:

He put them on a credit card, and you are cheap. That’s pretty much the explanation for that bit.  

1 hour ago, 1LtCAP said:

how'd he get a cc with that high of a limit at 18? and unemployed? or did he have a job?

1 hour ago, raz-0 said:

Predatory credit cards are super easy to get. That’s why lots of colleges have banned them from soliciting on campus. They specifically target that age group. 

All great, except the cops have already said he bought them with a  debit card, not a credit card.