Ray Ray

AR pics, lets see'um!

Probably be best for a smith to chime in here. My experience, albeit no expert myself, with buffer springs is that you can always expect newer springs to have more tension. I've never mixed up incorrect buffer springs, so, I'm not aware myself of what to look for if that were the case-- sorry :(

That is why these guns were called "Mattel Toys" when they first came out (although my favorite moniker was "Poodle Shooter"). If the noise really bothers you, put some grease in the tube and on the spring. It quiets things down nicely.

ar01.jpg

ar02.jpg

My first ever AR build (excuse me, first ever AR ASSEMBLY). ;)

CMMG upper/medium gov't profile barrel

Sundevil billet lower

Adams Arms Piston kit

DD 12.0 lite rail

POF roller cam pin

Ace entry stock (waiting on an order of paracord to wrap around the buffer tube)

Muzzle brake pinned by PK90.

That's a very nice AR, DirtyDigz, I only apologize that I hadn't said that earlier.

Since its a picture thread, here are two shots of my lady with some friends at the range this past weekend.

Did some minor updates since I last posted of it. Just swapped out the 517 for an Aimpoint H-1, and, at the behest of Caine ( :p ), I replaced the CAA with a TD stubby VFG. The magazines are still pinned at 15, and the muzzle device, perm attached, is BATFE approved. I was teaching and snapping the shots, and I agree that I don't know which lady is better in that second pic ;)

ETA: Forgot to mention I also added a Redi-Mag and BAD lever.

Just swapped out the 517 for an Aimpoint H-1, and, at the behest of Caine ( :p ), I replaced the CAA with a TD stubby VFG.

What? I don't get just a little bit of credit for the H1, too? :lol:

AR is looking good, dude!

And I'm impressed the chick is leaning forward into the gun... someone showed her a thing or two ;)

Didn't realize Ft. Dix (I think that's where you guys are shooting) allowed holstered guns. Pretty cool

Just swapped out the 517 for an Aimpoint H-1, and, at the behest of Caine ( :p ), I replaced the CAA with a TD stubby VFG.

What? I don't get just a little bit of credit for the H1, too? :lol:

AR is looking good, dude!

And I'm impressed the chick is leaning forward into the gun... someone showed her a thing or two ;)

Didn't realize Ft. Dix (I think that's where you guys are shooting) allowed holstered guns. Pretty cool

I was about to say it looks kinda like yours Pete, only cooler!

Yeah, Ft. Dix allows holsters? CR sucks

Nice shots! Is that you in the top pic?

Nah, not me actually. I am Asian, but a few inches shorter and with a lot more hair. In that same note, I actually was jumping down his throat because he was holstering his sidearm. He doesn't keep the sidearm loaded when holstered, and is the reason why I probably hadn't given him sh-t for it at that point. I have seen other guys at R14 with their sidearms holstered, but I personally would rather keep it on the range bench.

And yes, I failed to mention you, Petey, were indeed my inspiration for the H1 :shifty: :lol: . It took me some time to get use to the smaller FOV, but its wonderful now that I am use to changing around my head positioning, etc.

As for the lady, what's more impressive is that it was her first time ever at a range, and she picked up on the fundamentals pretty quickly. By the end, she was hitting between the 7-10 rings, and, more importantly, didn't become disengaged-- she wants an AR for herself now!

What mount is needed for that H-1, or does it come with it?

I did have the buy an aftermarket mount for it to be at the proper height (co-witness or 1/3). I use the Daniel Defense mount made for the Aimpoint micro optics (http://www.danieldefense.com/?page=shop ... uct_id=147).

American Defense makes a very nice version as well, which utilizes a spacer to change between co-witness and 1/3 (http://www.americandefensemanufacturing ... roduct/46/)

Of course Larue (http://stores.homestead.com/Laruetactic ... bok?no=150)

And there are others, like GGG, etc.

The DD mount is rock solid, though, as Caine also pointed out, it would be better if I had a QD mount. I don't really plan on switching them out though, so, its not a huge concern.

Everybody is different and decides to do things different ways once they are masters of the basics. But neither of those stances are what I would consider good if I saw them while walking by the lanes.

dpms308.jpg

DPMS 308 16in

Bennie Cooley Compensator (Permanently Attached)

Larue Tactical Scope Mount

Leupold 3-9x40 Refinished In Flat Black

Magpul PRS Stock

Arms & Ammo Magpul Pmags (15 Round Capacity)

Harris Bipod

Looks good! Specs?

thanks finally getting to take it out this weekend!

DPMS 308 16in

Bennie Cooley Compensator (Permanently Attached)

Larue Tactical Scope Mount

Leupold 3-9x40 Refinished In Flat Black

Magpul PRS Stock

Arms & Ammo Magpul Pmags (15 Round Capacity)

Harris Bipod

Update on my Stag Model 2L

downsized_0919001637.jpg

Magpul foregrip

Hogue pistol grip

Ace long stock

EOtech (AA battery model with night vision capability)

Blackhawk! single point sling

Magpul blocked 15/20 with ranger plate (Thanks Midwest)

All that's left is to put a rail on the bottom for the triangle foregrip

Update on my Stag Model 2L

downsized_0919001637.jpg

Magpul foregrip

Hogue pistol grip

Ace long stock

EOtech (AA battery model with night vision capability)

Blackhawk! single point sling

Magpul blocked 15/20 with ranger plate (Thanks Midwest)

All that's left is to put a rail on the bottom for the triangle foregrip

Look s good Ray, how do you like the magpul foregrip? Is it a solid mounting point?

My latest build:

carbinebuild.jpg

My objective with this carbine was to build a KISS rifle with functional upgrades. A big choice point with this was the use of the MOE handguard rather than the traditional quad rail. I really like this approach because the MOE is alot cheaper than a rail however modular enough in that rail sections can be added as needed. I would have opted for a set of LMT carbine handguards but I wanted to use a VFG. I'm also a sucker for detachable carry handles. I like the look and I also like how the handle guides the eye looking through the aperture to the front post.

Upper: LMT 16" stripped upper with LMT full-auto BCG, LMT tactical charging handle, and LMT detachable carry handle

Handguard: Magpul MOE with a 7-slot rail section at 6 o'clock and at 9/10 o'clock, Magpul MOE Illumination kit, and a Daniel Defense QD attachment point

VFG: Magpul RVG

Weaponlight: Streamlight TLR1

Lower: Noveske N4 stripped lower

LPK: Daniel Defense but swapped out the trigger guard with a Magpul Aluminum Enhanced trigger guard (I prefer the feel of aluminum to polymer for this part)

Trigger: Geissele SSA

Stock components: LMT stock kit with a Noveske QD end plate

Stock: Magpul MOE with 0.7" enhanced rubber buttpad

Grip: Magpul MOE with bolt/firing pin grip core

Sling: Blue Force Gear Vickers Padded with a Daniel Defense QD swivel

Look s good Ray, how do you like the magpul foregrip? Is it a solid mounting point?

Solid as how? There's no movement at all if you try and wiggle it.

pronoun, looks good man!

ty, I hate you!

Took this the other day. Bored + no time for the range + camera phone = 8)

Rock River Predator Pursuit 20"

Mueller APT 4.5-14x40

Burris P.E.P.R

Fancy flip up cover dealios

wifle.jpg

Colin- What a boring rifle... When are you going to sell it to me or trade me for something "Tacticool" :icon_rolleyes:

You know I love that rifle...

Decided to take the M&P 15 out for a photo shot. Nothing fancy. Found the mag pouch at a flea market and tried to copy the M1 carbine style 'pouch over the stock' look... didnt work too good.

that's the foregrip I want on mine! can you mount that further foreward?

Colin- What a boring rifle... When are you going to sell it to me or trade me for something "Tacticool" :icon_rolleyes:

You know I love that rifle...

Haha I do too Frank! You're welcome to shoot it whenever I'm up there. Lookin to make a trip in about a week or so. Things are finally beginning to settle in.