usnmars

Monster Mosin.....Almost done. Updated 6-15-10

i was curious to what spec these barrels are bored to and so i got out the materials and slugged the barrel. the lands mic out to .301 thousandths and the grooves mic to .311 thousandths--both great measurements for a mosin barrel! i've slugged a number of m-n bores including 91/30's, M44's, finn M27's and M39's and by far all the finn's measure out the best at similar numbers for pristine bores and we all know the M39 is one of the top 3 most accurate euro guns of that era. good 91's ive seen at .312 for an ex sniper with mirror bore and m44's are generally the worst at .315 sewer pipes. these barrels certainly have the potential on paper to be good shooters.

Barrel ordered - check

psl stock ordered - check

junk mosin - still needs to be found................

I need 2 you want to see If Sarco will do a package deal on 3 of them I'm trying to go sat the 26th

I just got a report that everything at Sarco has skyrocketed in price Ted. I'm thinking gunshows and auctions are our best bet for a junk mosin unfortunately