Larry1851

Joined a few days ago...and hello!

Hey everyone. I wanted to take a minute and introduce myself. The name is Larry and I'm here on LBI. I'm originally from NY where I had a carry permit. But as the wife and I got older and came down to Jersey to take care of our elderly parents, the carry permit became invalid. Here in Jersey a carry permit seems to be but a dream. What a shame, New Jersey.

Anyway, my interest in firearms goes back a good thirty years or so. First shooting .22s then carrying a S&W Model 10 Service Revolver. What a friggin' nice revolver. The model 10 is gone now (still kickin' myself in the ass for that one) and I just plink around with a Ruger SP101 chambered in .22.

The rifles include a British Enfield in .308 and an old Italian Carcano M91 TS with the 17 1/2 inch barrel. I haven't shot them since the 1970s. The Italian Carbine is ok, but there is no substitute for the sound, feel and kick of the Enfield....dang. Currently however, I'm looking for a tactical shotgun. More on that in another post.

Anyway, I have found this forum to be terrific. Very informative, indeed. Maybe one of these days I'll catch up with you guys at one of the ranges, if you don't mind an older middle aged guy with a beer gut hangin' around... :)

Oh yeah...the "DirtyLarry" name just stems from my favorite Clint Eastwood "Dirty Harry" movie series... One of may fav film series. Later.

Maybe one of these days I'll catch up with you guys at one of the ranges, if you don't mind an older middle aged guy with a beer gut hangin' around... :)

I don't think anyone would be able to pick you out from the rest if us old farts! Welcome to the forum from Toms River. Come on out to Brick Armory some Tuesday Evening or come out to Dix on a Wednesday.

edit:to correct typos