njpilot

New I-Phones Coming

Its great news actually. I have an iPhone myself, and I always am looking forward to new tech/software and the eventual release of iPhones to multiple carriers. It helps motivate the industry and R&D, etc.

What I'm really waiting for is my Magpul iPhone field case :shock:

For those of us on Verizon, they are talking about one for Verizon maybe later this year.

They've had those rumors since last year. I'm not holding my breath. I would love to go back to Verizon, but I just can't leave AT&T while they are still in an exclusive deal with Apple. My contract is over, just waiting for the Verizon iPhone.

For those of us on Verizon, they are talking about one for Verizon maybe later this year.

They've had those rumors since last year. I'm not holding my breath. I would love to go back to Verizon, but I just can't leave AT&T while they are still in an exclusive deal with Apple. My contract is over, just waiting for the Verizon iPhone.

I hear ya Tommy. I heard the news on Fox Business. Better than just hearing rumors on the street. I hope it's true. Unfortunately they were saying maybe end of year.

The iphone not working on verizon has nothing to do with a contract. You can hack the phone and it still won't work. The iphone uses a different transmission signal which isn't used on the verizon network in US. The droid and droid erris are identical to the iphone, do everything the same, and use the verizon network except its using google's android os instead of the mac os. As long as the iphone has a contract (they just renewed last year for another 3 years), they won't be on verizon. When the 4G transition is taken on by Verizon, then and only then will they possibly try to buy in on the contract. The droid erris looks identical, is cheaper or around the same depending on if you're buying on contract or off, and the only thing it doesn't do now that the iphone does, is run itunes.

The iphone not working on verizon has nothing to do with a contract. You can hack the phone and it still won't work..

yes, i know about cdma vs gsm vs iden. i was talking about not renewing my at&t contract so i'm not stuck with them for another 2 yrs or having to pay a termination fee just to switch. The only reason I switched to at&t was because of the iphone, and right now that's the only reason i'm still with them.

I like the iphone, but no way in hell am I going back to Att and the slower network.

sprint has the fastest web access and quite reasonable rates, especially with the corporate discount.

the next phone though, will be on liberty wireless, which is a third party on the sprint network, $50/m unlimited talk/text/web with a paid HTC touch pro 2.

i just need a keyboard.

my apple love stops at the ipod unfortunately.

my apple love stops at the ipod unfortunately.

Same here.

+1 My son has the IPhone and while it is cool with all the apps, the thing drops more calls than it makes. AT&T service seriously sucks @ss!

WSJ report says that Verizon is supposed to come out with a 4G system later this year. Apple is talking of producing a CDMA phone for the Verizon network.

I've heard that rumor since the first iphone came out. As I said above, you have the highest chance of seeing an iphone once verizon has 4g in the majority of america (still a few years off)

I worked for Verizon wireless for several years and my big fear would be that they gave a watered down pay to play version. Similar to what they did when bluetooth became popular. They lock all the applications so you have to pay and use the ones they sell. I know that the big thing now is that Verizon would want a cut of the Itunes profits made from VZW Iphones. I don't think that would happen. I'm interested to see how this pans out.

I worked for Verizon wireless for several years and my big fear would be that they gave a watered down pay to play version. Similar to what they did when bluetooth became popular. They lock all the applications so you have to pay and use the ones they sell. I know that the big thing now is that Verizon would want a cut of the Itunes profits made from VZW Iphones. I don't think that would happen. I'm interested to see how this pans out.

That brings up a good point, it was rumored one of the reasons why apple didn't go with verizon (along with the network) was how they handle their phone like your example.

Verizon is rolling out 4G now. They're stopping by my office in 2 weeks for a demo. My buddy went to demo at one of their facilities a few months ago and said it was incredible, full ethernet speed and totally IP based (I'm guessing IPv6?). They were streaming full video phone functionality between 2 test cell phones. If it's half as cool as it sounds it should be realy interesting.

I have to say Verizon is notorious for cutting the functionality of their phones but at least they rarely drop my call.

Seems like all the Techno savvy people know Verizon always has the lamest phones with the least features to offer. Always a step behind the competition. That is why so many people buy phones from overseas and unlock them. The coverage with Verizon is good but their phones are not appealing. Now they want to jump on the IPhone wagon as Johnny come late-lies and want a slice of the ITunes Apple but Mac is not about to let that happen. They may eventually give them an IPhone (maybe 2011) but do not want to share any ITunes revenue with them.

Looks both rumors will be a reality

Iphone 4G

http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2010/03/ ... -on-video/

Verizon Iphone

http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2010/03/ ... he-iphone/

If the 4G is priced right I will again be on line to get one and keeping my contract with AT&T.

Verizon is running 4g networks in some markets already. As far as network speed, info I hear is that at&t is having speed issues as a result of all the iphones on their 3g network. It's a catch 22.

Sprints network is the same cdma as verizon. Although they don't operate on the freq's verizon does. You can technically switch phones between the networks if they don't catch the esn #'s.

iden is dead. it's really only used for the ptt sprint is using and it won't be around for too long.