Scottcba1

Fallen NJ State Trooper

Sad day for the NJSP, lost one of their own trying to track down a bank robber today. He was hit by a car shortly after finding the bank robbers abandoned car. Note sure if he was in a foot persuit with the suspects or investigating the abandoned car but either way a sad day.

Please keep this Trooper & his family in your prayers. RIP Trp. Castellano.

-Scott

I was on 195 Sunday morning on my way out to Collier's Mills around 9:15am. The police must have still been looking for the suspects at that point because exit 30 was closed off, there were about a dozen police cars, a NJ State police helicopter buzzing overhead, and about 15 cops standing on the side of the road with their weapons drawn. To me it looked like a manhunt. Returning from Collier's Mills around 12:30pm, traffic was backed up for miles in the other direction, coming back from the shore.

I was on 195 Sunday morning on my way out to Collier's Mills around 9:15am. The police must have still been looking for the suspects at that point because exit 30 was closed off, there were about a dozen police cars, a NJ State police helicopter buzzing overhead, and about 15 cops standing on the side of the road with their weapons drawn. To me it looked like a manhunt. Returning from Collier's Mills around 12:30pm, traffic was backed up for miles in the other direction, coming back from the shore.

And you didn't call me to go?

RIP Trooper

And you didn't call me to go?

Sorry Bryan,

I should've. A buddy of mine and I came up with the idea on Saturday night and we hit the road at 8:30am on Sunday morning.

Next time, I promise. :)

Apparently he was chasing 2 people from an abandoned car. Only one of them has been caught so far. Nothing's been said about the person that hit him, but I heard on NJ 101.5 that there was a black VW with a smashed windshield seen around there.

My thoughts and best wishes go out to his wife and kids.

Is it me or are there a lot of flags NOT flying at half mast? I made a list of stores/buildings that I saw while driving home tonight that I am gunna call tomorrow and remind them. If your not gunna follow through with flying an American flag correctly, then maybe they shouldnt fly it at all.

Sorry, just bothers me.

-Scott

A strange twist to this story that I was not aware of.

My link

"In April, Hoffman pleaded guilty to eluding and false public alarm, admitting she was responsible for the death of Castellano."

She's a real piece of work. Rot in jail!

Rest in piece trooper.

Can't believe this was over a year ago already. Everytime Im on 195 or pass exit 98 on the GSP I think of Marc. He was a great guy and he is missed everyday.

I agree with Tony, people like this dont deserve to live on my and every other law abidding citizens tax dollars. Just another junky government leach.

-Scott

post-1333-0-82665200-1310355642_thumb.jpg

Can't believe this was over a year ago already. Every time I'm on 195 or pass exit 98 on the GSP I think of Marc. He was a great guy and he is missed everyday.

I agree with Tony, people like this don't deserve to live on my and every other law abiding citizens tax dollars. Just another junky government leach.

-Scott

I agree Scott! I pass the spot almost every day and think of Marc. While I did not know him personally, I do know several troopers and LEO's (my sister's step son is on the job in Trenton) and I can relate. I hope his family can get some closure from the verdict and that Marc may Rest in Peace.