robs609

Post Your Tactical Shotgun Pics

That looks really really nice- You know I Was going to get the FDE because I wanted to have something/a look no -one or at least not a lot of people would have , and I assumed it would look really nice, but could not find any good pictures so I held off and went standard black. Seeing yours confirms my thoughts it would and does look great bro.

Not quite a shotgun picture but related. I just thought these were cool. I picked up a box to teach my wife and let her practice loading both types of shotguns. I've never seen them before. We all know about snap-caps but these are actual weight and size 12ga dummy rounds made by Remington. They are loaded with buckshot and all the trimmings minus the powder and live primer.

p_084039300_5.jpg

Just picked this up and am real excited about it. I have a couple plans for it but am going to spend a lot of time looking through this thread and gathering ideas.

• I want to add some contrasting black with the tan, so black grip and fore end.
  • Shot shell carrier
  • Looking at ATI for stock ideas

88B19BC1-FDDC-462E-AFAE-7CA566997A6A-2518-00000399EFD4A7D6.jpg

Just picked this up and am real excited about it. I have a couple plans for it but am going to spend a lot of time looking through this thread and gathering ideas.

• I want to add some contrasting black with the tan, so black grip and fore end.
  • Shot shell carrier
  • Looking at ATI for stock ideas

88B19BC1-FDDC-462E-AFAE-7CA566997A6A-2518-00000399EFD4A7D6.jpg

Skip ATI for stocks. Call mossberg, give them the serial # and they will send you the long screw you would need for a standard stock. And then shop around for a decent stock, ATI is junk.

I have a mossberg 500 that had pistol grip buddy gave me an ati collapsible folding stock any recommendations for a stock and forearm not liking the stock one or the full tri rail LGS added to it

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Hogue makes nice aftermarket stuff for Mossbergs, so does Mesa tactical, and Speedfeed.

Funny. I bought mine on the 24th. Magpul SGA came a few days later. Installed this AM.

Nice Shotgun FreeJersey.

Now to do an AR build in FDE.

rem-870_zps31aa7b3c.jpg

Do you know if the 6-round Mesa Tactical shell carrier will fit on that configuration without needing to modify the fore-end piece?

Wish magpul made a mossy 500 stock i really dont know what to go with thinking a speedfeed to have extra 4 rounds in stock and a side saddle for extra as well but not sure how the LOP on a speed feed is or how they feel

Wish magpul made a mossy 500 stock i really dont know what to go with thinking a speedfeed to have extra 4 rounds in stock and a side saddle for extra as well but not sure how the LOP on a speed feed is or how they feel

I'm looking at this from Hogue: http://www.brownells...2745-51612.aspx

Ray, I don't want the standard stock. I'll leave my future 870 for that. I'm going to try the Hogue grip and forend and see how I like it without a stock, then go from there.

Can someone point me to sling mounts? I don't know what I need to look for. (Would something on this page be right? http://www.brownells.com/shooting-accessories/slings-sling-swivels/shotgun-swivel-sets/index.htm ) Also, if you can recommend a soft case for this I'd appreciate it.

Come tomorrow to Clinton with us and find out.

I'm looking at this from Hogue: http://www.brownells...2745-51612.aspx

Ray, I don't want the standard stock. I'll leave my future 870 for that. I'm going to try the Hogue grip and forend and see how I like it without a stock, then go from there.

I have that forend on the HD gun, it's perfect. The pistol grip? I don't like. There is a better one

I dont know what your frame is but for me that LOP is just a bit too much. I need to get something smaller to be comfortable

I dont know what your frame is but for me that LOP is just a bit too much. I need to get something smaller to be comfortable

I have a 12" LOP Hogue stock for the Mossberg 500 available for sale. Mounted but never used.

You don't think the recoil reducing stocks work?

No I do not.

I have a Knoxx Recoil Reducing Stock on my work shotgun and I hate it. I shoot slower with it on a timer, it beats the crap out of my face, and I have found it to be not quality gear compared to the other good options out there.

For normal shotgun shooting, I much prefer a standard stock with a short 11" LOP ( I like the Seedfeed and Hogue Youth/Bantam models).

Now, my "social" shotgun, a Remington 870, has a pistol grip and adjustable stock (Mesa Tactical LEO Adapter with a Magpul MIAD grip, an Vltor AR receiver extension and Vltor EMod stock). I find that in certain situations, the compromise from what I prefer is necessary for how I may have to use the "Boomstick" with the gear I may be wearing and the tasks I may have to complete with it.

When working with a long gun in a tactical or team environment there are many times where you have to control the long gun with only one hand while the other hand is occupied - opening a door, transmitting on a radio, communicating with a team member, messing with your gear, setting up breaching equipment, messing with your NODs, etc.... I have found that the pistol grip has the advantage over a standard stock in these instances of controlling, shouldering and even firing the shotgun one handed. The adjustable stock is useful when your kit changes based on the weather appropriate slothing and armor you may be running.

• Like 1

Well here is my new Benelli M4 shotgun... Wasn't gonna post pix till I finished it. All I really need now is a shell carrier for now. Added a Trulock Tactical choke to it...y8e6ejuq.jpg

ruhypuby.jpg

Sent from John's iPad 2 via Tapatalk HD

Typos courtesy Apple...