hopper

Herters Ammo

Has anybody used Herters in .223 ?

Yes , both 55gr and 62gr , no problems with the Saiga.

It`s Wolf/Tula/Ulyanovsk packaged for Cabela`s under the brand Herter`s. Usually they charge 2$ above the Tula prices and when they have a sale its the same price.

Anyone ever use HERTERS AMMO from Cabelas ??? Its so darn cheap and the reviews on atleast the 45 cal are good , just wonderin what the consensus on here was ....

I would buy it in 40cal. all the time till I changed ranges and now can only fire brass. Was great for the price and Cabelas usually threw in a free ammo canister too.

-Scott

I second the motion. Herters is most likely to be mfg in Mother Russia. Can you say Tula factory?

Cabelas at times sells steel 308WIN for <$.50 a round (Hamburg store right now) and 762x39 for $.20 a round (you must call them). Pretty good deals.

I am not promoting steel but you have a real good name, Hornady, selling steel 762 (SST?) and various steel match ammo. I would trust their products. Can the gun mfg tell which flavor you were using?