ronhonda

Sons of Guns TV show

Just saw a trailer for this last night. Looks like it could be pretty good!

Sons of Guns - New Series to Premiere Wednesday, January 26 at 9PM

"If you can dream it, we can build it" is the motto at Red Jacket, the nation's most unique weapons business. Owner Will Hayden and his eclectic crew of Baton Rouge, Louisiana gunsmiths and historians rise to the challenge daily on Discovery Channel's world premiere series SONS OF GUNS, creating one-of-a-kind custom weapons. The show fires off on Wednesdays at 9PM ET/PT, starting January 26.

The suppresed shotgun and the Master Key was the best. I really like this show.

I just watched this episode tonight and it really irked me. This guy tried to play off a cheap POS 37mm flare launcher slung under an AR as a military M203 grenade launcher! Really? Then the whole Masterkey issue, what a crock, as if it was some sort of hard to find relic from a bygone era that somehow needed to be reinvented. He should have called Knights Armament and just placed a damn order for one instead of reinventing the wheel. Not sure who was dumber him or the nit wit that bought 8 of those POS sawed off Saigas for $3k each... The show is kind of pathetic if you really know what they are talking about...

Knights Armament's M203 and Masterkey page

m203_last_20.jpg

• Like 1

I thought that the masterkey episode was a little foolish as well. I mean really.....cut off the stock, shorten the barrel, and fab up a bracket to attach it to the bottom rail. Doesn't seem that hard to me. And honestly, my neck almost snapped when they said that a shotgun wasn't a good gun to enter a house with after breaching. I would much rather go in with a shotgun, than give the BG an extra 3 seconds so I can switch from my shotgun to M4.

Krd... I was thinking that also. Specific limitation or by design I was wondering. The buyer did mention that he was going to use it on whitetail, but then why not suppress a rifle.

The Masterkey was ridiculous and for $3K!!!! And what did he pay for the used AR with the 37mm attached... $1500!

Spikes Tactical has one for $300... http://store.a51tactical.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=1569&currency=USD

I hope that was a Colt he bought off that guy.

Entertaining, but only just a tad. I will stop watching after 5 episodes just like I stopped watching Orange County Choppers and other suck.

WOW was I dissappointed. Hillbilly gun plumbing gone prime time... When they showed the laser engraved AR in the teasers I thought it would be a high end shop, not one crowded around a single bridgeport running on a static phase converter! 2 lap dogs that might as well be saying yes master, a smoke and mirrors carny, and a nag, power trippy, money grubber. UUUG. What a true dissappointment! This show will appeal to the video gamers, mall ninjas and gun show "Experts". There is nearly nothing there for "us".

• Like 1

Bump. Currently watching this program right now. It's pretty interesting, and I plan to watch more of it. From the website, it seems like he deals a lot with Saigas. I know someone who will like that quite a bit :icon_e_wink:

after reading the reviews of the show I should get my own show converting Saigas... :icon_e_surprised:

WOW was I dissappointed. Hillbilly gun plumbing gone prime time... When they showed the laser engraved AR in the teasers I thought it would be a high end shop, not one crowded around a single bridgeport running on a static phase converter! 2 lap dogs that might as well be saying yes master, a smoke and mirrors carny, and a nag, power trippy, money grubber. UUUG. What a true dissappointment! This show will appeal to the video gamers, mall ninjas and gun show "Experts". There is nearly nothing there for "us".

I watched it, but I think it portrays the gun culture in poor light. It was not a grenade launcher, it was flare launcher.........not sure if it something I will watch again in my humble opinion.

best AK builder in the country :)

I'm partial to Tony Rumore's work myself.

At any rate, I've known Will through the saiga forums for a couple of years and he's a good guy. This show is bound to drum up more business for him and I wish him well on this new venture.

As far as I'm concerned, any mainstream channel showing guns is a plus in my book.

Oh and tripcarl, the M203 launches 40mm x 46mm projectiles. Those include 40mm flares, 40mm grenades, 40mm buckshot...basically anything that's 40mm x 46.

....as long as your licensed for DD's. Being they are manufacturing silencers Im sure they are a class 3 dealer. But still, I do have a concern for shows like this because the gen pub has no idea. Sort of like when 50's get shown on TV, the backlash is an outcry from those that dont understand what they are seeing. Subesquesntly a political agenda is born from distorted views seen on the boob tube.

• Like 1

....as long as your licensed for DD's. Being they are manufacturing silencers Im sure they are a class 3 dealer. But still, I do have a concern for shows like this because the gen pub has no idea. Sort of like when 50's get shown on TV, the backlash is an outcry from those that dont understand what they are seeing. Subesquesntly a political agenda is born from distorted views seen on the boob tube.

Kinda like when they replaced all the gun with flashlights digitally in the movie ET.

I just watched this episode tonight and it really irked me. This guy tried to play off a cheap POS 37mm flare launcher slung under an AR as a military M203 grenade launcher! Really? Then the whole Masterkey issue, what a crock, as if it was some sort of hard to find relic from a bygone era that somehow needed to be reinvented. He should have called Knights Armament and just placed a damn order for one instead of reinventing the wheel. Not sure who was dumber him or the nit wit that bought 8 of those POS sawed off Saigas for $3k each... The show is kind of pathetic if you really know what they are talking about...

Knights Armament's M203 and Masterkey page

m203_last_20.jpg

I agree about the Cobra Flare Launcher....Doesnt ANYONE else find it funny that he paid $1500 for a Base a-2 WITH A AT best $300.00 Flare Projector???

That said, he IS innovating the Master Key by using a semi..everyone else has used a Pump in the past for the concept. My Wife wont watch it anymore with me because every 30 seconds i'm saying "BullSnot" it's entertaining, but i'll need at least 2 more episodes to see if the entertainment value exceeds the snnoyance.

• Like 1

On the PLUS Side it's also showing John Q that Supressors, SBR's and (I'm assuming" Machien Guns are PERFECTLY Legal for the average to citizen to own as long as they do the paperwork..however he did gloss over the 6-month + wait once you submit the Form-4 before getting your toy.

I agree about the Cobra Flare Launcher....Doesnt ANYONE else find it funny that he paid $1500 for a Base a-2 WITH A AT best $300.00 Flare Projector???

That said, he IS innovating the Master Key by using a semi..everyone else has used a Pump in the past for the concept. My Wife wont watch it anymore with me because every 30 seconds i'm saying "BullSnot" it's entertaining, but i'll need at least 2 more episodes to see if the entertainment value exceeds the snnoyance.

There is a reason for this... Did you ever notice tactical shotguns like the Benelli M3 Super 90 and the SPAS are convertible, pump or semi-auto? There is a very good reason for this. Door loads are generally lower pressure powder rounds that have trouble cycling a semi-auto shotgun. The SPAS and Benelli are convertible to allow the gun to fire multiple powder rounds reliably when needed in pump mode. A semi-auto only door breaching entry gun could get you killed if you need to hit multiple hinges or locks if it fails to cycle reliably... So the Saiga Masterkey is a bad idea all the way around...

• Like 1