Sign in to follow this  
TommyRuss

Bulletproof Clipboard

yes but how "bulletproof" are they? I see they took a 9mm hit ok but how about a heavier caliber?

Does it really matter? Anyone who has to worry if their clipboard will stop anything larger that a 9mm round would be better off finding a different line of work.

Does it really matter? Anyone who has to worry if their clipboard will stop anything larger that a 9mm round would be better off finding a different line of work.

I just hate to see false advertising. They have almost no information on the website about the level of protection, etc.

I would think that the fact that you have to hold the clipboard with your 4 fingers on the outside makes its bullet proof nature pretty useless... bullet proof isn't going to help keep those fingers attached when you hold it up in front of you..

You don't know how to use it. You block the bullets like how wonderwoman does it with her bracelets. :D

It is obvious many of you are missing the point to this clipboard. I am not permitted to carry weapons as a paramedic. I am permitted to carry a clipoard. Next time I have an unruly patient or one who is pissed that I "Took my MFin High" and starts to attack I could defend myself with my clipboard and not worry about replacing it. The cheap aluminum boards we generally carry are useless with a face imprint on them.

Example: unconscious scumbag on the boardwalk - not breathing with the heroine needle in his arm. I give narcan. He starts breathing. He gets mad. He attacks me. I defend myself with my bulletproof clipboard and my paperwork remains intact and organized. I'm happy. The trauma canter gets something to do. The patient receives rapid care by a team of highly trained experts. It's win win.

Disclaimer: I don't condone the beating of unruly patients.

• Like 7

It is obvious many of you are missing the point to this clipboard. I am not permitted to carry weapons as a paramedic. I am permitted to carry a clipoard. Next time I have an unruly patient or one who is pissed that I "Took my MFin High" and starts to attack I could defend myself with my clipboard and not worry about replacing it. The cheap aluminum boards we generally carry are useless with a face imprint on them.

Example: unconscious scumbag on the boardwalk - not breathing with the heroine needle in his arm. I give narcan. He starts breathing. He gets mad. He attacks me. I defend myself with my bulletproof clipboard and my paperwork remains intact and organized. I'm happy. The trauma canter gets something to do. The patient receives rapid care by a team of highly trained experts. It's win win.

From the future husband of an EMT turned ER Nurse, +1 good sir.

+1 for coming up with a way to justify a ridiculous product! good job! :icon_e_biggrin:

I ordered 14 of the 9x12's, and will line my door panels with them, and attach the others in a way that I can hold up to block the windows if need be.

LOL!

yes but how "bulletproof" are they? I see they took a 9mm hit ok but how about a heavier caliber?

Body armor is classified by levels (set by the National Institute of Justice). They list clipboards for Levels I and II. More info on body armor classification here (chart) and here (NIJ pdf).

Someone needs to invent a narcan sniper rifle. Like a bear tranquilizer dart in reverse. Then you don't have to leave the ambulance.

• Like 1

Someone needs to invent a narcan sniper rifle. Like a bear tranquilizer dart in reverse. Then you don't have to leave the ambulance.

We have recently started carrying nasal narcan so we just spray it up the nose and wait. Problem is that opiates last longer then narcan so if we wake them up and they run away they will just end up in resp arrest in a little while.