Sign in to follow this  
hopper

Can you believe this sh*t !!

Waterford Township Police Department (NJ)

Bloods put bounty on NJ cops: New York Post reports;

New Jersey gang members have been ordered to assassinate cops in retaliation for the massive manhunt underway for one its members who allegedly murdered an officer, according to a report.

The Bloods are responding to the multi-state dragnet that has been set up to find Jahmell Crockam..., 19, after he allegedly killed Lakewood, NJ officer Christopher Matlosz Friday, a source told WNBC/Ch. 4 last night.

The source told the channel that the bounty is a reaction to the pressure being applied to the gangsters to rat out one of their own.

Meanwhile, the NYPD has joined the massive hunt for Crockam.

The report didn't say if cops outside New Jersey were also being targeted.

Crockam was charged with murder yesterday and bail was set at $5 million.

An intense search began for the gunman in Ocean County after the reputed Bloods gang member allegedly pumped three bullets into Matlosz at August and Brookfield drives at 5 p.m.

The officer, who was set to be married next year, had pulled up alongside the gunman to ask a few routine questions.

Crockam, wanted on a weapon-possession charge, opened fire before fleeing, police said.

Crockam was still on-the-lam early this morning, but later found in Camden, NJ

Crockam was described as around 5-feet-9 and weighing 220 pounds. At the time of the shooting, the suspect wore low-hanging baggy jeans, that exposed his gray boxer shorts and a black hoodie, authorities said.

There's was a $133,000 reward for information leading to his arrest and conviction.

Law Officers on and off duty should be vigilant and take appropriate precautions.See More

This looks like it has more legs than the whole "gangs printing up shirts with layoff dates on it" stories. I guess we shall see if it happens. This is the second time I have seen it. Media will usually pick up some BS and turn it into urban legend.

However. If you are a cop be more careful

Im sure its true. Its the current trend in Narco Terrorism... Until people, states, government get up the balls to do what really needs to be done, we will see this trend grow like it has elsewhere.

And their cure for Narco Terrorism is gun control, just ask Tom Diaz of the VPC.

I just got a text message from a friend in Lakewood and there has been confirmation that assassination "contract" has been issued by a named and known high ranking gang member and has also been reportedly accepted by another know gang "hit-man." I don't know how sensitive this information is at this point, so I won't include names, but it is true.

How serious they are is impossible to know, but they have taken the steps needed to raise some serious alerts and with all the dam lay-offs of cops around the state I can't imagine that they're worried about increased pressure from these threats. Who's gonna pressure them? There's not much "free time" left in our day to day activity to go out and do pro-active police work with the lack of man power around the surrounding towns and these guys are going to start running wild. By the time the summer time rolls around, all we'll be able to do is take a report and try to follow it up. If the police/fire scapegoating continues in the media and by the politicians, this state is going to be a nightmare real soon... If you can imagine it getting worse than it is...

As much as I believe Camden to be a malignant wart on the asss of the universe, if this is any more than just talk, my heart goes out to the innocent people who are gonna get caught up in the middle when when the stuff hits the fan.

• Like 1

As much as I believe Camden to be a malignant wart on the asss of the universe, if this is any more than just talk, my heart goes out to the innocent people who are gonna get caught up in the middle when when the stuff hits the fan.

The problem with this is, who would you consider "innocent" and what do you mean by when the "stuff hits the fan?"

The stuff is hitting the fan as we speak and the only people in this mess that aren't innocent are the gang members and the F'n crooked thieving politicians that caused this mess.

The Camden lay offs are happening, it's real. The day shift will be turning in their badges and guns at the end of their shift. Those that were off today, have been trickling in all day turning in their gear and the remaining will be switching to 12 hour shifts in order to try to cover the gaps in shift coverage. The man power is being cut just about in half and the men and woman left to work the streets are 12 to 30 year vets, mostly in roles that limited their exposure to "the street." They got rid of all the young blood that was seasoned and experienced on the streets of Camden and brought out all the detectives, administrators, special operations personnel, supervisors, etc... then not only demote them and put them back on the streets, but changed their shifts to 12 hour swing rotations... So now not only do you have a lack of manpower, but the manpower you do have is disgruntled and alienated. WAY TO GO CAMDEN! Glad we dumped $68 million in state aid in there for 2010, it sure was worth it.... :icon_rolleyes:

Are the people that voted for our current government "innocent?" Are the people that sit on their a** doing nothing while things get so bad that they come to public safety layoffs and gang contracts against cops, "innocent?" Who's "innocent" in this mess, you tell me....

• Like 1

We should take the restraints off of the Hell's Angels and let them go after these gangs.

Somehow I can't see contracting one gang to go after another gang as a viable option.

Our government has done it before. There is a precedent of using the Hell's Angels as security. Ask Jerry Garcia or the Rolling Stones.

Camden gets 80% of its operational $$ from the state. They for a long time have had civil services that they cannot afford. The ride is over. After many hundreds of millions invested into Camden over the years have failed to get it to be self-sufficient, the state is cutting its losses and divesting.

For years now it has been the most dangerous or 2nd most dangerous city in the country. I can't imagine how it will be like after these cuts.

In general, this sort of thing will occur at various levels in many other municipalities/counties throughout the state. The most under-water ones go first. Cut services , raise taxes, or both. With Camden, you can't squeeze blood from a rock in the form of taxes, hence the massive cuts.

• Like 3

Our government has done it before. There is a precedent of using the Hell's Angels as security. Ask Jerry Garcia or the Rolling Stones.

Last time i Looked, Neither the Grateful Dead or the Rolling Stones were "Government".... nad ywes the bloods thing has been confirmed, although not in any form that the naysayers here will believe...Apparently the Bloods arent too happy with the manhunt, and REALLY pissed off at how quickly their "brother" got snapped up... Sucks to be them. problem is, like most Vermin they do their attacking from Ambush, much like Jackals. If this were the Movies....well Wyatt Earp in Tombstone had a solution to people wearing red bandann..i mean Sashes :ph34r:

• Like 1

The problem with this is, who would you consider "innocent" and what do you mean by when the "stuff hits the fan?"

The stuff is hitting the fan as we speak and the only people in this mess that aren't innocent are the gang members and the F'n crooked thieving politicians that caused this mess.

The Camden lay offs are happening, it's real. The day shift will be turning in their badges and guns at the end of their shift. Those that were off today, have been trickling in all day turning in their gear and the remaining will be switching to 12 hour shifts in order to try to cover the gaps in shift coverage. The man power is being cut just about in half and the men and woman left to work the streets are 12 to 30 year vets, mostly in roles that limited their exposure to "the street." They got rid of all the young blood that was seasoned and experienced on the streets of Camden and brought out all the detectives, administrators, special operations personnel, supervisors, etc... then not only demote them and put them back on the streets, but changed their shifts to 12 hour swing rotations... So now not only do you have a lack of manpower, but the manpower you do have is disgruntled and alienated. WAY TO GO CAMDEN! Glad we dumped $68 million in state aid in there for 2010, it sure was worth it.... :icon_rolleyes:

Are the people that voted for our current government "innocent?" Are the people that sit on their a** doing nothing while things get so bad that they come to public safety layoffs and gang contracts against cops, "innocent?" Who's "innocent" in this mess, you tell me....

So why are the less competent higher paid employees staying and the more qualified lower paid employees getting canned?

UNION? Do you think there is a problem here too?

No matter what the case... LEOs be safe out there!

BTW agreed the theiving politicians suck!

So why are the less competent higher paid employees staying and the more qualified lower paid employees getting canned?

Thats also how a lot of companies deal with layoffs. They go with seniority. I don't see a problem with it.

Thats also how a lot of companies deal with layoffs. They go with seniority. I don't see a problem with it.

Not always the case. And you don't see the problem. One Capt's salary may equal two or more patrolman that could be on the street... And you don't see the problem...

Not always the case. And you don't see the problem. One Capt's salary may equal two or more patrolman that could be on the street... And you don't see the problem...

Thats the case more often than not. Its not ideal, but it's the best way to deal with the situation. You chose any other way and its up to someones dicretion. When you add the element of a person getting to choose then you run the risk of people playing favorites, nepotism, and lawsuits stemming from that BS. Going by senority you can cut out all the monkey business and make clear decisions that aren't based on the human element. If you had 15 years in, and the Captains nephew had 2 years in yet the kept him and cut you I guarantee you would have a problem. I know I would.

Not necessarily a fan of unions either. For the most part they protect the people who should be terminated. I just think that going by senority is the best answer.

Thats the case more often than not. Its not ideal, but it's the best way to deal with the situation. You chose any other way and its up to someones dicretion. When you add the element of a person getting to choose then you run the risk of people playing favorites, nepotism, and lawsuits stemming from that BS. Going by senority you can cut out all the monkey business and make clear decisions that aren't based on the human element. If you had 15 years in, and the Captains nephew had 2 years in yet the kept him and cut you I guarantee you would have a problem. I know I would.

Not necessarily a fan of unions either. For the most part they protect the people who should be terminated. I just think that going by senority is the best answer.

Corporately, a consultant (third party) is hired and it it determined where the cuts should be made to best serve the business. That's what should be done in pulic service as well.

Its not a matter of a UNION, its a matter of what's right. You can't allow companies or governments to simply eliminate higher paying, supervisory positions in order to replace them with lower paid, less experienced personnel. Other than obvious reasons why, it allows for zero job security and also reduces the ability to retain services in the public sector.

AND I never said anything about anyone being more or less qualified. It has nothing to do with being qualified. Police work is no simply a matter of saying "here's a book of laws, here's a gun and here's a badge now go be a cop." There are certain parts of the job that require certain skills and experiences and training. Telling an administrative officer to leave his current position and go out and be a patrol officer is like telling a carpenter to weld a boiler together. Yeah, they're both skilled workers, but they don't have the same skills and training.

The men and woman that are getting moved into these new patrol rolls are NOT unqualified and for the most part, are a great bunch of cops that have been put in the positions they're in because they're good at what they do. That doesn't mean the transition to a different position without any kind of time frame "blend" is going to be productive.

As much as many people may like to think it is, being a police officer is not as simple as putting on a uniform and arresting bad guys or writing traffic tickets.

Please understand, I'm not trying to be confrontational about any of this. I'm just trying to give you guys a brief glimpse of what its like on the other side of the fence. Trust me, I am one of the one's that truly believes SOME (not all, SOME) of the police officers in this position have put themselves there with greed, elitist attitudes and disgusting sense of entitlement, but that is NOT the case in Camden at all and its not the case with the majority of the Officers in the southern half of the state. Those cops are nowhere near overpaid or over compensated over there in Camden and if they were to give up what the city is asking for, they'd be crazy to risk their lives for the compensation they'd be receiving.

Corporately, a consultant (third party) is hired and it it determined where the cuts should be made to best serve the business. That's what should be done in pulic service as well.

And who's going to pay for that?? You don't have money to retain the service of your current employees, but your going to come up with money to pay a corporation to come in and tell you who you should lay off and who you should keep??? Do you have any idea how much these types of private services cost? I do and I can tell you two things about that kind of thinking. #1 these private corporations that do studies on government departments are state or federally licensed and approved to be contracted by other governmental agencies. What does that tell you about the influence that will be put on the outcome? #2 the costs of manpower analysis and forensic audits are outrageous. Who and how do you pay for them instead of saving that money and putting it toward saving jobs?

You can't just pick the highest paid guys and cut them out so that you keep more people on the streets. Who is going to direct those troops if you have no command and supervisory structure?

Also, what motivation to strive for productivity would these younger, lower paid officers have if they're was no job security or comfort in seniority??? You're dealing with people, not robots or machines. These are people with normal feelings that can see and understand what is going on above and below them.

Apparently the Bloods arent too happy with the manhunt, and REALLY pissed off at how quickly their "brother" got snapped up...

Well then maybe the scumbag piece of crap shouldn't have murdered a cop. Just a thought.

Maybe he doesn't see a problem with it because they don't just fire patrolmen. The ones with seniority that get to stay take pay cuts and demotions.

You can't allow companies or governments to simply eliminate higher paying, supervisory positions in order to replace them with lower paid, less experienced personnel. Other than obvious reasons why, it allows for zero job security and also reduces the ability to retain services in the public sector.

It's done EVERY DAY in Corporate America and companies not only survive - some even thrive. I'm not saying it's fair or right...

Police work is no simply a matter of saying "here's a book of laws, here's a gun and here's a badge now go be a cop." There are certain parts of the job that require certain skills and experiences and training. Telling an administrative officer to leave his current position and go out and be a patrol officer is like telling a carpenter to weld a boiler together. Yeah, they're both skilled workers, but they don't have the same skills and training.

The same goes for corporate jobs as well. To assume that one desk driver can replace another desk driver shows an innate misunderstanding of anything that happens outside the "blue". Furthermore, each and every one of your arguments and points has been used by the teachers union as well. Please, in the future, try to at least inflate the big grey rat...

union-rat.jpg

And who's going to pay for that?? You don't have money to retain the service of your current employees, but your going to come up with money to pay a corporation to come in and tell you who you should lay off and who you should keep??? Do you have any idea how much these types of private services cost? I do and I can tell you two things about that kind of thinking. #1 these private corporations that do studies on government departments are state or federally licensed and approved to be contracted by other governmental agencies. What does that tell you about the influence that will be put on the outcome? #2 the costs of manpower analysis and forensic audits are outrageous. Who and how do you pay for them instead of saving that money and putting it toward saving jobs?

You can't just pick the highest paid guys and cut them out so that you keep more people on the streets. Who is going to direct those troops if you have no command and supervisory structure?

Also, what motivation to strive for productivity would these younger, lower paid officers have if they're was no job security or comfort in seniority??? You're dealing with people, not robots or machines. These are people with normal feelings that can see and understand what is going on above and below them.

I understand how you have come to your point of view. But I dissagree with many of your points and agree with a few.

We're not solving any problems here. As I said before. Just be safe. You seem like a good guy. Wrong but good.