Pew Pew Plates

Did my good deed for the day last night!

So I'm driving to my girlfriend's house last night, and I come around an icy bend and I see a car crashed into a snow embankment. I slow down and ask if he was OK and he said he thinks everything fine he's just stuck. His front wheel drive car had its front wheels clear off the ground so I was like hell I'll pull you out. He looked skeptical because in 2wd I could barely get my truck to move at all on the ice. So I pull over and grab my recovery straps (always prepared!) and the kid was obviously clueless. He asked for me to please not rip off his bumper LOL i was like yeah no problem. I slide under the car the best I could and choked the axle with the strap, and threw the other end over my pintle hook. While im strapping up a cop comes and shuts down the road because I had to be on the far side of the road while the car was on the other so nobody could pass. So then I throw my truck in 4wd low and pulled the car out no problem. Cop didnt have to write a report, dude got off with an undamaged (i think, at least driveable) car, and I left all warm and fuzzy.

Figgured I'de share the story. Be carefull out there!

• Like 4

Good story, Glenn. "Don't rip off my bumper" hahaha.

About a week ago I was on my way to work and in the same way, some young kid skidded off the road into a snow embankment and there was about 3 feet of snow under his Camry chassis. Tried pushing him out with two other guys that stopped to help, but didn't work so we got a couple construction shovels from one of the guys pickup and dug him out.

It's a good feeling helping people out, especially since most are usually very appreciate.

You did a nice thing, Glenn. You should feel good about it. Plenty of people would have just driven past with a sigh of "Damn, I'm glad it wasn't me".

Karma points and a Mitzvah for you.

Very nice of you.

Back on the day I was going to take the driving test for my Driver License...Dad and I are headed up Ravenna (Ohio) and there is a fresh coating of snow on the road from the evening's heavy snowfall. Well, dad, who thought he was Mario Andretti dumps the car in the ditch. We're there for a few minutes and this guy in a big Ashland Fuel Oil truck comes along and offers to pull us out. With zero effort, it pulls out the 1980 Subaru DL wagon and we were on our way. I took my test in horrendous conditions and even forgot to put it in 1st at one stop sign. I told the lady it was because I didn't want the tires to spin with all the snow. She believed me, lol. I passed.

Anyway, dad wrote to Ashland Oil thanking them and wanted to thank the driver. The company wrote back asking for more information so they could reprimand the driver. What a bunch of pricks!

Anyway, dad wrote to Ashland Oil thanking them and wanted to thank the driver. The company wrote back asking for more information so they could reprimand the driver. What a bunch of pricks!

LOL and this was how many years ago? Nowadays the guy would have been fired.

LOL and this was how many years ago? Nowadays the guy would have been fired.

Heh, well, that was late 83 or early 84. These days, they'd fire then jail him and call out Hazmat to the scene to make sure a few drops of oil didn't hit the ground.

A few years back my girlfriend and I took a cross country road trip for ~9 weeks in my old 1999 Nissan Maxima. We were camping at Elephant Butte State Park in New Mexico (beautiful place, btw) and had gone out to the store to grab some supplies. On the way back to the campsite there was a big line at the park entrance so I looked at the map and saw another side road that led to our campsite... figured we'd skip the traffic and take a scenic detour. Well the paved road turned into a gravel road, which suddenly turned into a beach... forward, reverse, the Maxima was going nowhere. Called the park rangers and apparently they don't tow people. Just as I was looking up the number for a tow service two guys in a lifted F150 pull up, each wearing a cowboy hat and each drinking beers.

Them - "Stuck?"

Me - "Yup, road turned to sand, blah blah blah"

Them - "Hmm... be right back with a bigger truck."

Two minutes later they came back with an even more lifted F350... hooked up a tow rope and dragged my stranded a** off the beach. From what the guys said they just sit around all day watching people get stuck and then dragging them out. A few days before a school bus had actually tried the same maneuver as I with the same results. Tried to give them a few bucks for helping but they turned me down, however they did accept a few beers.