jcerillo70

Thinking about leaving Ford and going to BMW

Hey guys,

So i have been working for ford for about a year now selling cars. Avg. paychecks are about $270/week for 60 hours of work. The area we are in is primarily "bad credit".

I have an opportunity to sell BMW's in freehold where everyone has good credit. My concern is the clientele. From what i've heard they are very hard to work with. but anything is better then this.

Any feedback?

Are BMWs really selling in this economy? My aunt works for an Audi dealer and they are withering on the vine. I would think that working for Ford/Chevy/Chrysler (in a non-ghetto area) would be the best.

My brother worked for BMW as a service advisor for a bit and couldnt stand it and you already said it , the clientel are very difficult , granted he worked in the service dept but still many of the customers felt they were ENTITLED to everything and demanded to be treated like royalty , your situation is a little different , you may actually make more money since the profit may be a little greater than on a ford , good luck in your decision ..

I would think it would open more doors for you.

Three weeks ago I waited 2 hours to go pay for my new used car at an audi deEr. They are packed. The freehold BMW is remodeling and the only BMW dealer in the area.

Drop your misconceptions though... just because it is manalapan does not mean they all have terrific credit, and they are not all jack asses. They just wanted to be treated well, not like a lowlife begging you for money. (prevalent at the high sales pressure Hyundai type dealers. )

Take the opportunity.

Hes done putting up with Old man Sansones ****. Thats why he told me to find another job cause hes going to speak his mind today.

Unfortunitly for me im the highest level of certified for ford. im 1/30 in the state to be level 4 Ford/Lincoln certified.

But in the car industry, its about who you know to get you in. @ freehold BMW, my cousin is the sales manager, so thats an instant in. But im wasting my certification

It's all where you are going to be happy, it's no fun going to a job you don't like. While the economy isn't great, and I don't want to put BMW owners at a different level, however from an outside perception the normal person who is in that market has either a little more disposable income or willing to leverage them selves a little further. Being that you have an in at the dealer, you might want to see the average commissions or how ever they pay the sale personal at that dealer and weigh your decision on that vs what you are doing now.

Just remember the un written law, it's always easier to find a job when you have one than when you don't.

Harry

What does your dad say Joe?

Hes done putting up with Old man Sansones ****. Thats why he told me to find another job cause hes going to speak his mind today.

Unfortunitly for me im the highest level of certified for ford. im 1/30 in the state to be level 4 Ford/Lincoln certified.

But in the car industry, its about who you know to get you in. @ freehold BMW, my cousin is the sales manager, so thats an instant in. But im wasting my certification

My buddy works for a Toyota Dealership. i wont say where, but it is flat rate. Makes over 100,000 turning wrenches. Not a bad gig

You are comparing your friends union job to Joe's sales position. Joe sounds like you are underpaid and definitely overworked. You are not happy so make the switch, why worry about the clientale when not everyone will act the same?

in certain businesses regardless of how much of an ASSHAT the customer can be, they are still KING!

It is because of them that you get paid.

You need to keep them happy.

But, you need to go where you feel you can do better.

You are not wasting the certification, you will always have it...

The only people who have money right now are the bmw owners and alike..

make the switch...

And for your comfort, The a** hats you deal with are easy to get even with.. :sarcastichand:

Plus 1 ronny.

When you spend 50k plus on a car, you expect to be treated well. That is why we bought the car and in turn paying you your salary. Why do you have the owner loyalty is so high at BMW, audi, Lexus. All about the service.

This is the reason you go to a nice restaurant, and not McDonald's. Like it or not, those customers are the priority. If you treat them like crap, you will have no customers and in turn no job.

Plus 1 ronny.

When you spend 50k plus on a car, you expect to be treated well. That is why we bought the car and in turn paying you your salary. Why do you have the owner loyalty is so high at BMW, audi, Lexus. All about the service.

This is the reason you go to a nice restaurant, and not McDonald's. Like it or not, those customers are the priority. If you treat them like crap, you will have no customers and in turn no job.

I do not think this is what we are talking about, what i was reffering to are the select few people who treat you like crap that are downright nasty and rude..they all will not be like this their will be alot of nice people to deal with..unfortunatley most of them are upper class citizens..

• Like 1

Up here you don't really deal with the customers at the BMW dealerships as a salesman. My dad has owned BWM's for the past 20 years and the last one he bought(2010) he had 0 bargaining rights, they told him go online..make your bwm, send it to us we'll either find you one or order it, and you pay the price they give you.

I do not think this is what we are talking about, what i was reffering to are the select few people who treat you like crap that are downright nasty and rude..they all will not be like this their will be alot of nice people to deal with..unfortunatley most of them are upper class citizens..

The problem is that you are going to have to treat all the customers the "same" even the ones who are asshats. But there are ways to get back at them in very subtle ways. I am sure that the people here who deal with customers on a daily basis know how to do it. Hell I do it on a daily basis.

Plus 1 ronny.

I actually find the service to be better at places like lexus and honda, then bmw or audi.. actually dont get me started with AUDI there a bunch of f'in clowns at there service centers. It not a matter of treating them like crap, its a matter of selling you on a car. At BMW people walk in and know what they want already, this makes it very easy for a salesman. When people walk into honda, they just came from 3 other places looking at similar cars, salesman now has to convince why this person should buy a particular car. If someone gets bad service from BMW, gues where they go, another BMW dealership.. People are not loyal to the dealerships they're loyal to the company, and will go to the nearest convenient location. Most people like BMW because it's BMW, not because they get good service from BMW. My dad has gone through 4 different BMW dealerships over the course of 4 different cars, he said the service goes down hill every time he gets one. He used to get 7 series but has downgraded to the 535 on the last purchase as he retired and no longer sits in 3 hours of traffic everyday. The hardest part when buying a bmw is trying to figure out what options to get... But like i said now and days you want a bmw, go on-line make one and print it out, bring to stealership, pay for it and wait for it to come in... things have changed

Even though I am not in the car business, I have dealt with my share of high end clients over the years and most of them are not terribly difficult to deal with. Most of them know what they want and are willing to pay for it. They will stick with you if you treat them fairly. The thing to remember is that they are usually highly intelligent and are thinking 7 steps ahead of you, don't try to pull any crap with them because they know the tricks and will see right through it.

The bad credit customers you were dealing with were probably not that smart, otherwise they wouldn't have bad credit (unless they just had some very bad luck). If the pay seems better to you, I say go for it.

Make the move......

I am an American car guy..... Been in the business for 23yrs myself.... Sales, F&I, Sales Manager, Service........ Have always made more money at an Import dealer.

Currently a Service Advisor at Paul Miller Audi.....

PM me if you want to chat or just bounce ideas back and forth....

Make the move......

I am an American car guy..... Been in the business for 23yrs myself.... Sales, F&I, Sales Manager, Service........ Have always made more money at an Import dealer.

Currently a Service Advisor at Paul Miller Audi.....

PM me if you want to chat or just bounce ideas back and forth....

I hope you guys are better then JD Audi, man were they a PITA to deal with... There motto "the customer is always wrong" I may never buy an audi again because of that place.

I hope you guys are better then JD Audi, man were they a PITA to deal with... There motto "the customer is always wrong" I may never buy an audi again because of that place.

Your experience at any dealer is of course 100% dependent on who you deal with, and what your expectations are....

After being in this business for so long...... I am going to do whatever is in my power to make you experience a good one. But if your expectations are unreasonable, no matter what I do...... It will go all wrong. So it's my job to "set the stage"..... and give me the opportunity to "exceed your expectations" ....... if done right, my CSI will be high.....

Paul Miller gives me what I need to make customers happy....

A Ruffie and a bottle of lube? Cuz I was at the Subaru dealer the other day and they gave me neither when they forked me over.

profit IS NOT a dirty word

when financing it cost you $20 per $1000 that you borrow

ex) 10,000 loan cost $200/ month

loo at your amount financed and see if the math fits Malsua