Scrap

Rudeness at CMO

Anyone who doubts CMO's customer service, please go and visit Omar. He is an older (~60) black gentleman. He works Wednesday 4-8, Thursday 4-8, and Saturday 10-3. I assure you that Omar is definitely worth talking to. He has no concern with making the sale. He spent 45 minutes with me one day, going through different pistols and letting me hold 10+ different guns. I received no pressure from him whatsoever. Months later I saw him, and informed him that I bought one of the pistols I looked at....used, from a forum member. He was happy that I found something I wanted, and wasn't concerned whether I bought it from him or not. I later bought my 870 from him, but that's besides the point. Omar is a stand-up guy, and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him to anybody. They also have another employee there, a younger (25ish) guy who works there, he's another person that I would recommend, although I haven't dealt with him as much as Omar.

With all due respect Omar has been say " rude" in a specific way to me every single time I visit sd still is , therefore will not get any of my business.

Jackdawack : Exactly!!! As a son Of a ( retired ) high ranking LEO he used to be able to have just about any car he wanted ( the FCU would take the money out of the check before you cashed it ! Guys could get Lambos and not have gas money let alone mllk and bread , lol. ...'point being my Dad had some nice cars but purposely dressed down for

The part. I can still remember it like this "'the Wrangler Sahara Limited Series salesman ..... The z3 salesman that that he said I wanted a car for my 17th/ Rec my lic ( and the great man did treat me like the customer ) etcccc and I'll remember , walking off Reedman cause the " lying sob didn't want to slll the most expensive Durango on the lot today " , the ford explorer salesman that tried to fight and got arrested , and I think maybe the Mercedes salesperson that said we couldn't get in " dressed like that " ...... I'll never forget these

even the most annoying buy nothing customers have friends (and normally big mouths).. if someone came into my store and said I can get xyz 50 cents cheaper up the road.. I would take a $1 off and look at it as an investment in a future customer.

The next time that guy comes in, he'll want it or something for $2 off.

Again, I'm not speaking to this situation, I was just responding to Jack's "never turn a customer away". There are some customers who cost you money and will cost you more money than they ever generate in sales or goodwill whether it is discounts or staff time or returns. I forgot that part of it, the same people often aren't happy with their purchases. It boils down to psychology really. They don't know what they want so they use you to figure it out for them. Once they get something, buyer's remorse sets in, back it goes and the process begins anew.

I would recommend you guys start thinking of other ways of making your point besides walking out. One thing every one keeps forgetting is that if the local shops go out of business we ALL lose. Sure you might know to buy your stuff from kitchen table FFL dealers but the average new guy doesn't know to do that. He needs to walk into a shop, handle something, and walk out with it. When he can't do that we are all doomed, because no new shooters means no more shooting.

Stop thinking about how thin your skin is, or about how you can save $5 or $100, and pull the owner aside and explain to the man that he is being an a**, in polite terms.

• Like 2

Paid a visit to CWO a couple of years ago and after getting treated like a dork ( I assume they believe most if not all of the customers have any or very little firearms experience)I left. Couple of month ago I needed some reloading stuff and decieded to see if anything had changed........

Different cast same sheet of music. I would not buy a BB gun from these clowns.

Anyone that is in the Glassboro area pay Bobs little sports shop a visit. Great people, decent prices and they work with you on trade in's.

Stop thinking about how thin your skin is, or about how you can save $5 or $100, and pull the owner aside and explain to the man that he is being an a**, in polite terms.

You assume that the a** will see your point of view. The problem with most a**es is that they have no eyes to see, no ears to hear, no brain to think. I agree, the brick and mortar stores are necessary, but at what cost? At what point will a customer walk in, get treated like a piece of dog doo and then decide - "well, maybe if all these gun sellers are a-holes, I don't need to be a gun owner". Where are we then??

There's a fine line between "crotchety old fugg" and "disrespectful mother fugger". Unfortunately, too many gun shops are too close to the latter rather than the former. I have a concept of the problems gun stores, especially in urban areas, face with their "customers". I've been to an urban gun store where the Owner will not unlock the door for a Lookie Lou who's there with his teen gang banging friends. I also understand that some stores are more tolerant of the Tacticool than others. There's a store for every purpose...

My point remains - talking to an a** is useless.

Vlad,

So you know, the owners of CMO have been told repeatedly about the jackoffs he has working for him. He does not care. Apparently the troublesome employees have an ownership stake, small percentage, in the store. So they act as if their investment entitles them to belittle customers. I dont buy the excuse that we have to put up with crappy CS because that store is one of the last ones in the state. They will turn off more new shooters then they will turn on. Worse, they will teach new shooters that being a gunny means being an a-hole.

I hope they shut down... I do. Then someone else can open another place and hopefully learn from CMOs mistakes.

• Like 1

Jackdawack : Exactly!!! As a son Of a ( retired ) high ranking LEO he used to be able to have just about any car he wanted ( the FCU would take the money out of the check before you cashed it ! Guys could get Lambos and not have gas money let alone mllk and bread , lol. ...'point being my Dad had some nice cars but purposely dressed down for

The part. I can still remember it like this "'the Wrangler Sahara Limited Series salesman ..... The z3 salesman that that he said I wanted a car for my 17th/ Rec my lic ( and the great man did treat me like the customer ) etcccc and I'll remember , walking off Reedman cause the " lying sob didn't want to slll the most expensive Durango on the lot today " , the ford explorer salesman that tried to fight and got arrested , and I think maybe the Mercedes salesperson that said we couldn't get in " dressed like that " ...... I'll never forget these

:icon_e_confused:

Vlad,

So you know, the owners of CMO have been told repeatedly about the jackoffs he has working for him. He does not care. Apparently the troublesome employees have an ownership stake, small percentage, in the store. So they act as if their investment entitles them to belittle customers. I dont buy the excuse that we have to put up with crappy CS because that store is one of the last ones in the state. They will turn off more new shooters then they will turn on. Worse, they will teach new shooters that being a gunny means being an a-hole.

I hope they shut down... I do. Then someone else can open another place and hopefully learn from CMOs mistakes.

I agree. A customer is a customer is a customer. What else is there? Now sure customers can be jerks too, but the goal is to get them to buy and to keep coming back. If a salesman doesn't get that then they need a career change.

If a store owner or partner doesn't get that then the only thing to do is go elsewhere. Sucks for NJ if a gun store goes under, but that doesn't mean anyone can just forget the the customer comes first.

With all due respect Omar has been say " rude" in a specific way to me every single time I visit sd still is , therefore will not get any of my business.

Omar has never been rude to me, nor have I ever seen him be rude to someone else. Are you sure we are talking about the same gentleman? Can you tell me what happened? You also have to take a look at how you are acting and presenting yourself as well. If you have a predisposed belief that someone is going to be rude to you, you likely aren't going to be as respectful, and they are likely to be short tempered in return. Just a thought, but I would like to hear how Omar was rude.

Omar has never been rude to me, nor have I ever seen him be rude to someone else. Are you sure we are talking about the same gentleman? Can you tell me what happened? You also have to take a look at how you are acting and presenting yourself as well. If you have a predisposed belief that someone is going to be rude to you, you likely aren't going to be as respectful, and they are likely to be short tempered in return. Just a thought, but I would like to hear how Omar was rude.

I'd like to find out as well. Omar and the younger guy (Mosin expert) are the only two I'll deal with at CMO and my experiences with them have always been great. Given the choice, I'll go to Sportsmen's center and buy from Fritz or Lonnie (IIRC). CMO is a last resort for me and I don't buy anything new from them.

I was thinking the same thing. Although Omar loves his Colt AR's he never once pressured me into buying anything or was never rude. If it wasn't for the fact they didn't have at them have what I wanted I would have bought from him. Can't speak for the others.

You also have to take a look at how you are acting and presenting yourself as well. If you have a predisposed belief that someone is going to be rude to you, you likely aren't going to be as respectful, and they are likely to be short tempered in return.

=@

vj- I'm quite certain we're talking about the same person. Basically the deal with this guy, I came in once having recently been injured and had a cast on (and it was certainly a crazy-a** looking device) and everyone was staring and he keeps on pressing me for info. And I try like three or four times saying "I broke a bone, there's some stuff going on inside, I'd rather not talk about it it...." This f&$*&(!g guy yells to his buddies (who I also told I didn't want to talk about it, but they left me alone) 'HEY THE KID SAYS HE JUST BROKE A BONE BUT THERES SOME STUFF GOING ON INTERNALLY, Eetc.e tc. etc' and I'm like EXCUSE ME SIR, I SPECIFICALLY SAID I DIDn"T WANT TO DISCUSS IT, NEITHER WITH YOU NOR YOUR COWORKERS, AND YOU ANNOUNCE IT ACROSS THE ENTIRE STORE????? He actually replies something like "You should watch your tone when addressing me, both because I'm the one writing up the gun sales purchases paperwork and because I don't take kindly to disrespect" or something like that... I was FLOORED and basically said to another man "Will you please help me? I want you you to sell me this [supernova/pap/15-22/whatever it was] and If that guy makes another word in my direction I'm walking out with my money"

Now, EVERY TIME I go in and he's working there, he basically pulls the same bullstuff routine," Hey don't I know you, you look real familiar... Where do I know you from.... So familiar ...aren't you the KID (kid, I'm thirty years old, but always with him "kid") that had that problem, yeah that bad injury, what was it, ??" And he does it all the time, he calls out to some other co-worker 'Hey Joey, it's him, it's that kid with the injury, remember the kid with the cast ????" and CONSTANTLY presses me for info , "you never did tell me what was wrong... You can tell ME baby, c'mon, what was the problem? No really i'm fascinated by medical stuff, what was wrong.... you can tell ME"...

And he single-handed cost them and me a Sig 556 DMR... My buddy is rich and his family is anti gun so he treats my collection like its his, he just pays range fees and sometimes buys ammo. Never ENOUGH ammo, so it really pisses me off. I was explaining I wanted a long range AR to go with my CQB AR (we're working with a guy at CMO who I like, this Omar is just eavsdropping really...) "Oh what kind of AR you have for CQB huh?" I look over annoyingly because he wasn't part of the conversation and mention Bushmaster, and he gives one of those "Oh haha you got a Bushmaster laughs" and proceeds to tell me about his Colt and how I should get a Colt and I rudely basically cut him off and return to the topic... Anyway since my buddy uses my stuff all the time and is rich, AND we want a longer range AR (and a second AR so we can both shoot at Fort Dix") my boy's like, why don't I just loan you $2G's to buy a long range AR right now and we'll both work on hooking it up/modifying it/et.c it will be like our project... And I'm like Oh hells yeah, nice, lemme see that one right THERE ---> and I point to a nice looking thing, it's a Sig Sauer Designated Marksman Rifle... Our eyes light up it's beautiful we both like SIG, it's perfect for our use etc... I guess this Omar hears my buddy say "Two grand" and "Lets get it now" and comes running over "Oh nonono you don't want that that one ain't no good... you want .. .THIS ONE" and hands my buddy a 16" Sig 556 Swat/CQB model... "See how light it is??? That's what you want right there boy! I'll start the paperwork!" my buddy is like, that's NOT what I want, I hate the fact you interrupted me, and I wasn't even talking to you! I'm so disgusted we're leaving!" and he walks out the door, literally, that pissed him off so much we bounced. And I did not get the DMR I wanted.

And to this day, when I go there, Omar says something about my injury or "you're that KID right.."....

He may be your best friend and I can't speak at all if he's nice or not to other people, but to me he's consistently terrible. Someone hit the mark right on the head, though. The owner KNOWS he's got like 4-8 guys people hate and he doesn't care, they LITERALLY have the attitude "Where else you gonna go? Down the road? Not much of a contest. "

I have heard "If you don't buy it now, someone else will later today" MILLIONS of times at CMO.

Now, EVERY TIME I go in and he's working there, ...

And to this day, when I go there, ...

:icon_rolleyes:

Why, why, why are you still going back?

:roulette:

Also, did you not see the sign hanging on the chain you stepped over?

:banghead:

• Like 2

Why, why, why are you still going back?

yeah really man.. if someone treats you like ****.. and you keep going back.. that sends the message loud and clear that you LIKE being treated like ****..

no offense of course.. just saying..

It's always good to have a second set of prints on a gun and how can you be sure a new one has them, right? :icon_mrgreen:

I don't buy new either.. there are SOME guns I would consider buying new.. but I mostly buy guns I am going to beat to hell OR rip completely apart before even shooting them.. so for me buying new is pretty pointless..

I buy new when the new and used prices are close enough OR I simply can't find it used and HAVE to have it..

yeah really man.. if someone treats you like ****.. and you keep going back.. that sends the message loud and clear that you LIKE being treated like ****..

no offense of course.. just saying..

I try to live by a very simple adage,People only treat like s*#t if you allow them to....You can call them on it,walk out or hit them.... The first 2 has works every time,the third... not so much but it feels so good. However not something I would attempt in a firearm filled venue.

Ive been there many times. mainly becuse its very close to where I live. Ive had mixed experience with them. It seems like it depends on who is working at the time. When I first started to go there I was completely ignored. Even when helped there was always this sense of, You gonna buy it or not? Attitiude when looking at firearms. They rush you. Even when they are not busy. A lot of mis information is given out there. I would here them tell new shooters things that would boggle the mind if any of you heard them. There are a couple of guys who work there that are very nice. I go there becuse they are close. They do have a very large display of used and new firearms. The prices arent the best, but I have seen quite a few hidden jems there.

I reimember going there and asking for a Ruger Mini 14. They spent an hour argueing with me becuse they said it was illegal to own in NJ, But when they actually looked, They found that they had 1 for sale in their display! They also told me the Kel Tec Sub 2000 was illegal as well. I came back a few weeks later and low and behold, They had 3 for sale!.

And to this day, when I go there, Omar says something about my injury or "you're that KID right.."....

It seems like a lot of the issues you have there are things that can certainly be avoided. It's like leaving your car windows open in a Wal-mart parking lot, with your wallet sitting on the drivers seat...and then wondering why in the world anybody would ever take your wallet. Don't step over the chain that you're not supposed to, don't use the words "two grand and let's buy it today" in a place where the employees likely work for partial commission, don't get so sensitive when somebody asks you how you broke your arm. I know this all sounds harsh, and I don't mean to insult you, but you really didn't go about this the right way.

It's always good to have a second set of prints on a gun and how can you be sure a new one has them, right? :icon_mrgreen:

I wasn't really referring to that......more about the fact that guns, like cars, normally aren't worth what they cost brand new.

Wait, what?

Oh you know, just kidding and things. The national government finger printing bureau isn't something I actually worry about. Besides I had to pour so much sauce on the girl to make her perform perfectly that no ones prints are dancing with her anymore. I promise.

Oh you know, just kidding and things. The national government finger printing bureau isn't something I actually worry about. Besides I had to pour so much sauce on the girl to make her perform perfectly that no ones prints are dancing with her anymore. I promise.

They like to run wet.

Dude, your story is the reason why ever since I moved to this hell-hole of a state, I mainly buy my stuff online and have it transferred to an FFL (usually Tru-Value Hardware @ Lincoln Park). The only exception would be if the price difference is less than like $50 or I need something right now, in that case I always deal with Frank Caso in JC. He's always treated me with respect and willing to answer any question (not like some of the a-holes I've dealt with in other stores -- especially one that rhymes with s-h-i-t-hole).

• Like 3