BRaptor

Good Karma (Free Gun, Mag and Lots O' Ammo)

Here's a karma item that might be relevant to everyone's interests.

In order to qualify for this give-away, you must:

1) Be a Premier Member here on NJGF AND

2) Be a CURRENT, dues-paying member of a grassroots pro-2A organization (i.e. NOT the NRA). I would recommend NJ2AS or SAF. (I will require proof of this from the winner!)

That means, if you're not a member, now, you've got 1 week to join up!

I bought this Cobra FS 380 in pink partly as a joke, partly to see if I liked the .380 caliber and partly to give my wife some experience with a semi-auto. Turns out, the gun isn't as reliable as I want.

The bad: It fails to feed about once every magazine. Not really a big deal, just clear it and keep going. Some people have had luck with dremeling off the paint from the feed ramp or using different ammo. Also, the gun comes with a lifetime manufacturer warranty. So, instead of trying to fix it yourself, if it doesn't work with different ammo, you can send it back to Cobra and they'll take a shot (pun) at fixing it. Oh, and I didn't clean it after I shot it, so it's a little dirty.

The good: It's free, it goes bang, it comes with all the Sellier and Bellot .380 FMJ ammo that I have left (about 450 rounds), a magazine, a hard case and a cable lock.

I would prefer a face-to-face transfer, otherwise, you pay all shipping!

If you don't have any valid PPP's, I will hold the gun until the permit comes through.

If you want to be in the drawing, either post in this thread saying you want in, or send me a PM.

DEADLINE: August 20, 2011 at 11:59 p.m.

DRAWING: August 21, 2011

_________________________________________________________________________________________

UPDATE:

I put everyone's name into a bowl and drew. Heaterbob, you came out! Congratulations!

I hope you enjoy the pistol.

post-1718-0-46209600-1313208710_thumb.jpg

• Like 4