Pew Pew Plates

Group buy for AR500 targets!

Which would you be interested in?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Which targets would you buy? (you can select multiple answers)

• 6" diameter round
    • 9" diameter round
    • 12" diameter round
    • 6" square
    • 9" square
    • 12" square

This has the potential to morph into a group buy. I would like to see what shapes/sizes are the most popular and most importantly, how many people would be willing to put money down on some targets. Depending on sizes I need commitment for around 70 targets! This shouldnt be TOO hard considering some people may buy a few... the objective here is to buy and cut a 5' x 10' plate. I would require small deposits so that im not stuck with 1,020 pounds of steel targets and to help fund the buy.

Anyways, pricing...

$22 for 6" diameter plate ($20/each if 3 or more purchased)

$52 for 9" diameter plate ($50/each if 3 or more purchased)

$82 for 12" diameter plate ($80/each if 3 or more purchased)

Square plates im not sure of on pricing but assume they will be very similar to the circles. Before anything is cut I will confirm pricing on squares but dont think they will change, but I dont want to bother the company with 500 different pricing alternates.

There will be one link of chain welded to the backside of the target for hanging on request.

Please take the poll for what size you would want (you can select more than one) and reply in the thread how many you would take.

These plates are true AR500 and they are 1/2" thick not the typical 3/8"! These will take pretty much anything short of .50 BMG

I can ship them or they can be picked up either in Plainfield or Bridgewater.

Shouldnt be too much. Def wont be any more than an out of state vendor since I have a UPS account and ship from work. If you buy more than 60lbs then we can meet halfway perhaps. Im thinking a 25lb package to anywhere in NJ somewhere between $15-20. The plate weighs about 20lbs/sf

I have wire that would work well with a small weld like a chain link. Punching holes in AR500 is no easy task, but I will investigating subcontracting it out. It would make them easier to ship too. I know I could torch holes in but they wouldnt be too clean. Babaganoosh, I was doing research on this and the general consensus was that torch is good, plasma is bad and waterjet is the best. With a 1/2" plate unless you are shooting 338 LM at 100 yards at the edge you should be fine. The HAZ (heat affected zone) will be super minimal. Plus its not being hand cut its on CNC so its going to be a very quick torch pass (less heat). Most of the targets out there are torch cut with the exception of big dog or whatever his name is.

Edit:

Damnit I'm Glennp forgot to change accounts again :icon_rolleyes:

Hey Agent Glenn were used to it. :sarcastichand:

I'd be in for 5, 6" Round or Square, Just wondering if square would be easier and quicker and maybe even work out to be a tad bit cheaper. Less waste and each cut matches up for the next piece to cut was my thinking.

Harry