BigAl

Here is my new toy

Very nice! If it becomes too flashy for you, let me know if you want to trade for the 92FS all black. :sarcastichand:

I want this CZ, though: http://www.cheaperth...m/60732-55.html. It came with 15-rounders when it first came out.

I'd say its a Beretta 92FS judging by that beautiful profile. It is certainly one of the most recognizable handguns out there, and it is the carry piece for our military and known as the M9. <BR><BR>If you are considering it, it is a large pistol with a large grip. It does not have a removable sight, as it is part of the slide. And, there is a newer model, the 92A1 or M9A1 which may come with removable sights and can attach lights and stuff on the front.

For those of us who are REALLY new, what is it, and why did you decide to get it? For a beginner, the choice of a handgun is a bit overwhelming.

Congrats, BTW.

RD, unless you know what you want as a beginner, look to buying something used, preferably from a private party. That way, if you decide its not right for you and you want to sell, you won't take a huge hit and you could break even, or even make a slight proffit.

Also, a good double action revolver is an excellent choice for a beginner, because it will teach you trigger skills if you shoot it in DA only.

For those of us who are REALLY new, what is it, and why did you decide to get it? For a beginner, the choice of a handgun is a bit overwhelming.

Congrats, BTW.

Thanks. I'm sailing in the USS Noob with you. This is my first, but I shot several other pistols before. The reason I went with the Beretta is cause I couldn't afford the Sig, but the Beretta and the Sig shot the same for. They both have big frames and I have big hands, and they felt comfortable when shooting. With some others I had to readjust my grip after a few shots. So that was my deciding factor, and because somebody told me not to get a "block" :sarcastichand:

Thanks. I'm sailing in the USS Noob with you. This is my first, but I shot several other pistols before. The reason I went with the Beretta is cause I couldn't afford the Sig, but the Beretta and the Sig shot the same for. They both have big frames and I have big hands, and they felt comfortable when shooting. With some others I had to readjust my grip after a few shots. So that was my deciding factor, and because somebody told me not to get a "block" :sarcastichand:

Great looking gun!

I went for my M9 for the same reasons. Couldn't be happier.