Shawnmoore81

Anyone get any shooting in during the extra days off?

going out tomorrow for probably the last hoorah of the year. Gonna take my xd .40, 1911, sks, ar, M1, Remmy 700, K31, and the Marlin 336.

And clean for a lot of hours when your done. :icon_mrgreen:

What caliber is the 336? I'm running one in 30-30, it a darn nice gun just cost a little too much to shoot more than just a few times a year for me.

Shot @ CJ today. Was like a NJGF metup. It was me, Kristen, Joe Monte, ran into Wildbob and AS350driver and his wife.

Awesome day to shoot. Shot Sigs, 1911's, a judge and a 10/22. Sighted the 10/22 in good.

Shooting at Old Bridge tomorrow, and was surprised today when the wife said she would give shooting a try. She has never shot before and was a bit apprehensive about it. The pits at CJ were pretty crowded so we headed on over to the indoor range, where we ran into Bry@n and his wife. We set up a target and took out the Ruger MKIII and let her rip. Starter her off with one shot at a time and moved her up to full mags. Here's a group of head shots of her's at about 7 yards. She had a good time, and when we drove past the shotgun range she remarked that it looked like so much fun, so I guess i'm in the market for a shotgun, yes I currently don't own a shotgun.

6408398925_235c9de87c.jpg

I never said I don't shoot year round. This will probably be the last time I get to take a lot of rifles and pistols at once. I've been working 6-7 days a week, I don't have a lot of time for myself after all that. But the money is nice. And my 336 is in .30-30 but I roll my own so the cost isn't too relevant.

I was trying out some new loads in my AR and Sako yesterday. One batch in eight or nine was worth anything...

J0n was there with a small arsenal too.

Lulz... I only had a shotgun and a muzzleloader :p

only at some pheasants.

Hmmm, the King shooting at his peasants, that's not very nice. ;)

Did the kids go with you?

I took my niece and nephew (new Marine home for 10 days from boot camp) to Cedar Valley for some Sporting Clays. First time either of them ever did Sporting Clays, this was also the first time my nephew shot a shotgun. They both enjoyed it. The weather Saturday was beautiful down there. Took video and put it on youtube to embarras them a bit. Heck, what are Uncles for anyway........... :icon_mrgreen:

Got the Rem 1100 all back together Tim, the new parts sold are not the correct size, but I was able to turn them down and make them work!

I find it interesting that I can put a ton of holes in a 2" hole with my AR at 100 yards but I have a hell of a time hitting a clay pigeon with my shotgun. I figure the shotgun must be defective, hahahaha. :sarcastichand:

Stationary target vs Moving... :)

Shoulda gotten that 11-87 from Dick's :)

Yep I know it Nick, but at least I have basically been told by wifey that I need to buy another gun. :icon_mrgreen:

You don't own a shotgun? That's insanity

Yes I knew I would hear some crap for this. Lets just say i've been busy buying other toys. It's been moved to the top of the list, just for her. :icon_mrgreen: