Pizza Bob

OMG – What Have I Done?!?!?

hey pizzabob think you can put a pic with it in your hands? just curious where your thumb will be where that groove is? ps it does look alot like something batman would rock! lol...

I have a natural tendency to grip the gun low on the grip. If I put my strong-hand thumb in that indentation, it forces my grip higher so that the web of my hand is where it's supposed to be.

So,, Whats next on the list???:icon_mrgreen:

Still waiting (been almost a year since they "announced" it) for my Sig 1911 Target Elite in 9mm. I have six Wilson mags already here, and a set of wild G-10 grips for it on order.

That'll never happen

Bob, you should have shot USPSA with it today!

No holster, no mag pouches and not enough mags. We'll start to remedy that on Monday.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Hey I know im a day late and a dollar short on the post here, Love the look of the A1, congrats on crossing over to the dark side. Even though I've never seen one in person. I've heard underneath that polymer is a steel frame. Is that a fact?

Thanks. Yes, there is a steel sub-frame that includes the rails (not embedded in the polymer ala Block) and the mechanicals, so polymer flex is not an issue.

This one will probably make its debut at either a USPSA match (Production) or an IDPA match (SSP), depends on when the requisite holster/pouches/mags arrive.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

When I last checked, my ratio of revolvers to auto-loaders was higher. Now that I have added the 1911-22 and the plastic fantastic it is probably approaching 1:1, but I think the revovers still hold a slight edge.

Looking for an update on this gun. It I on my short list of purchases

I know Bob has had nothing but problems with getting the gun to function reliably. From what I understand it shoots great when it works though.

I know Bob has had nothing but problems with getting the gun to function reliably. From what I understand it shoots great when it works though.

and it's back to revolvers for Pizza Bob.

I read several write ups on Guns.com and American Rifleman about that gun and I gather that it is what the Glock should have been?

This. Everything that's happened is too much to list in detail, so I guess I'll list the cliffs.

He ran the pistol at a couple action pistol matches and had the same issue. The slide would not extract the spent shell case, but would attempt to feed a new round. He found out that it may potentially be the follower and magazine springs. Steyr sent him a new extractor though. Tomorrow he will be going to Classic Pistol in PA to try out the gun with the new extractor. If that doesn't work, he'll be contacting Steyr again. I'm sure he'll post tomorrow. If not, I'll post up the details. As Jon said though, Bob really enjoyed the gun when it ran.

As per my conversation with Steyer, early production guns had issues with extractors and magazines. They do stand behind their products.

the gun seems interesting, but rather a novelty in my book.

was painful to see a gun not be able to shoot a stage completely without having an issue every mag. On Sunday, at CJ, Bob did run a full stage, out of 6 without any issues.

Initial thoughts were like Hk, Steyr needed hotter, heavier loads to break in, however chatting with the CEO at ShotShow, confirmed otherwise, and just tossed it up to production issues.