Mo Vice

Shoplifter shot at Woodbridge Mall

I can't believe some of the comments in there, to the tune of Woodbridge being a ghetto and turning into Newark. my god... what blind sheep. But it is ok, I was one of them, then you really learn all the shit that you don't hear about in the news happening right next door.

Agreed, As a resident of Woodbridge, and living less than a mile from Woodbridge mall. I dont see the ' ghetto ' I feel safe in my neighborhood, all the ' crime / violence ' that makes the news always happens at the mall for some reason. I live on a quiet street next to an elementry school.

Every neighborhood has its share of criminals and dumb asses, your a fool if you think otherwise.

May I ask where you got this info?

His info is good, Jon. I heard the same thing from a reliable source before the story broke publicly.

As for that mall, ick, it creeps me out. I use to think it was nice, but now it reminds me of Town Center at Aurora, CO (if anyone is familiar with that mall, they'll know what I'm talking about).

There was mall security and an off duty cop

Off duty cop was uniformed though according to reports

The bf/gf thing sounds like a stretch

How would eyewitnesses know they were in a relationship?

gf/bf thing is possible, i work in the belly of the beast in newark, i have heard of dummer things these criminals have done to commit crimes... he is dum a** shit'um, he got what deserved, this time its a knife, next time it would have been an illegal gun!

I used to catch shop lifters for a living... The bf and gf is extremely likely, when I worked in the Lawrenceville trenton area I was sprayed by some ones gf that was stealling, lol, good thing this guy didn't choose to bring his kid with him as a look out which happens a lot also. Oh well another one bites the dust, sounds like a good shoot, just curious on this off duty cop as a security guard

First off, Woodbridge PD have an office inside the mall, and it is always crawling with uniformed officers.

Also, it is common for PD to get off-duty side work as security support in the mall, in shop rite, etc. There is nothing unusual about the PO presence in the mall.

The perp was either supremely stupid or nuts.

Also, it is common for PD to get off-duty side work as security support in the mall, in shop rite, etc. There is nothing unusual about the PO presence in the mall.

Yes.but normally they are uniformed, or payed through there department. My department does not allow.us to work off duty as a Leo, to bad because I'm in the shore area places pay cash lol. Although the Freehold mall for instance or bamboo in seaside, the owners contact the pd, they pay the pd so much money, officers get a certain cut, my buddy works for seaside as a special 2 and he gets 20 bucks an our on after he completes his normal shift to stand in uniform.in front of bamboo, I wanna see what the real outcome is this is all speculations no facts.

Yes.but normally they are uniformed, or payed through there department. My department does not allow.us to work off duty as a Leo, to bad because I'm in the shore area places pay cash lol. Although the Freehold mall for instance or bamboo in seaside, the owners contact the pd, they pay the pd so much money, officers get a certain cut, my buddy works for seaside as a special 2 and he gets 20 bucks an our on after he completes his normal shift to stand in uniform.in front of bamboo, I wanna see what the real outcome is this is all speculations no facts.

The officer who stopped the hostage taker was in uniform. Frankly, I'm not sure if PD activity in the mall, shop-rite, and every bank branch in town is on or off duty. The article says he was working off duty. It's not unusual to see cops in WCM at all times that the mall is open. Like I said, there is a satellite precinct inside the mall.

I know when I lived in Jersey City, cops worked off duty, in uniform as security at construction sites.

Uniformed jobs HAVE to be paid through the department per state law.

Uniformed jobs HAVE to be paid through the department per state law.

Really? Wasn't aware of that. More then 1 NJ bar I've worked has paid an off-duty cop to stand outside at closing... guess it's one of those "hush hush" type deals

Really? Wasn't aware of that. More then 1 NJ bar I've worked has paid an off-duty cop to stand outside at closing... guess it's one of those "hush hush" type deals

No not hush-hush, they are just paid through the dept By the bar,, bar pays the town, town pays the guy.

hudson and newport are more into the stabbings and jumping people than shootings.

I flat out refuse to go into the Newport mall anymore. Especially not the movie theater. Apparently some of the other attendees don't understand that when they speak at a decibel level above that of the movie, it makes it more difficult to enjoy what I paid to see. Consequently, my old roomate asked a few of them to be quiet, and was verbally harrassed until he left the facility. ZERO RESPECT. That place is a dump, and will never receive a dime from me again.

No not hush-hush, they are just paid through the dept By the bar,, bar pays the town, town pays the guy.

Ummm no. I've personally handed the cop the cash on more then one occasion. Pretty sure it's a hush hush thing lol

Ummm no. I've personally handed the cop the cash on more then one occasion. Pretty sure it's a hush hush thing lol

Good for you..... if the officer was in Uniform you just outed him on an open forum for committing a 4th degree crime.. WAY TO GO GUY!!!

• Like 1

Good for you..... if the officer was in Uniform you just outed him on an open forum for committing a 4th degree crime.. WAY TO GO GUY!!!

I'm not concerned with it.. I'm no longer in that area, OR ELSE IT WOULDN'T HAVE BEEN MENTIONED GUY!!! :onthequiet:

Edit; And, not my problem.