RecessedFilter

Ammo shipment issue, please read..

I ordered bulk ammo from a well-known online retailer that I have bought ammo from before. They always ship fast and are a great company. I rarely follow tracking because I tend to get impatient if I follow it, but I will check it every now and then just to make sure my packages are on their way. I checked my tracking and UPS sent me a notification saying that my shipment was rescheduled. I receive this email:

Exception Reason: MERCHANDISE IS MISSING. UPS WILL NOTIFY THE SENDER WITH ADDITIONAL DETAILS. Exception Resolution: ALL MERCHANDISE MISSING, EMPTY CARTON WAS DISCARDED. UPS WILL NOTIFY THE SENDER WITH DETAILS OF THE DAMAGE (RESOLUTION)

Then another email right after that:

Exception Reason: DAMAGE REPORTED Exception Resolution: DAMAGE CLAIM UNDER INVESTIGATION (RESOLUTION)

So I call up the company and update them of the situation. They tell me their customer service will call me later that day and figure stuff out. Ok...CS never calls me so I call them back in the afternoon. Basically, they can't do anything since it's not their fault (I understand this) but they immediately ask me what I want...money refunded, another order shipped out, or exchange. I tell them I just want my ammo so they tell me they will put in my order and send it out immediately. I get an email in an hour saying that UPS has received my package. A+ customer service right there!

So in the end, WHAT THE HELL!? Given the circumstances, I suspect some jerk off UPS employee basically took my ammo. It's easy to tell what's in the box, I mean it only has a bright blue ORM-D label and is usually very heavy. I can't think of any other reason as to what happened other than that. I can't say I am upset with UPS, but I am upset at whoever took my damn ammo...if that is the real reason to this.

I just wanted to post this to give everyone a heads up that this CAN happen unfortunately. I really never thought anything of this sort would ever happen, and to me nonetheless haha. Sure, sometimes a package somehow ends up at your neighbors or it might get held up at a shipping facility for a bit, but never something like this.

Anyone ever experience something like this, ammo related?

I would contact UPS about the nature of the package they lost, and how upset you are about it. They might do something for you, I doubt it, but they'll likely launch an investigation, and hopefully nab whoever pinched your ammo, if, that is the case.

A very similar situation happened to me last year. I placed an order from a well known site that I had dealt with before. My package did arrive, but it had clearly been tampered with, and was much lighter than it should have been. Basically, someone in transit opened up my package, took my ammunition, and sent everything else on its way to me. The company was very helpful and expedited a replacement shipment to me.

UPS tossed it in the fragile pile. Ammo being heavy busted the box and fell out. Guy found ammo and put it in the "doghouse" (where unaddressed stuff winds up).

Sounds like CS did right by you, it's on the shipping company to ride UPS if they feel its worth it.

Well worst part is you get to test your patience a lttle longer but still get the ammo basically hassle free- I had a case of .45 last year that came damaged. Was on a Sat and UPS guy got me at home, pointed it out so we opened the case to check it out and there was 9 rds missing, we found two in his truck so makes you wonder what adventure those 7 other guys went on.

My parents had ordered a Dell Laptop from QVC last year , notification email was sent saying what day it was gonna be delivered , the day it was supposed to come it never came , the UPS guy came to their house the next day with another pkg , my mom says do you have a pkg from QVC for us too , driver says know thats it , they begin to explain they had a email stating the delivery day of the laptop and the driver said he remembers a whole bunch of dell boxes from QVC a couple days ago at the depot ,so after calling QVC and UPS they all launched investigations and my mom wound up getting another laptop but UPS never did say what happened to it , needless to say somebody from UPS got a nice DELL Laptop ...

It's been my experience that the post office is full of thieves. UPS and FedEx are much better.

You must not be familiar with how UPS staffs some of its hubs. You should see the quality of folk they bus into their Parsippany hub from Paterson. Also, tons of USPS packages go via UPS, so you can't really be sure who it's with when it goes missing.

Most likely the box got stuck on the belt and ripped open. Once that happens, it won't go anywhere since it's ammo.

It's most probable that ups didn't rip anyone off. They are just package mauling goons sometimes, and sometimes the shipper has their head up their butt about packaging. Whenever you order ammo in quantities that make the shipper break a case, you risk losing loose boxes to long conveyor drops. I've had it happen a couple times. A case of 9mm and a few boxes of .45 or .357 and the package has gotten mushy from all the drops in package sort. It pops the tape, and a box or two of the loose stuff disappears because they thought they found everything.

I had this exception problem one time..never did find it, but company did re-deliver (was ammo)...now always demand signature required;no problem since..saw a UPS guy come to my door with a ammo delivery another time (before signature required)..didn't knock or ring doorbell and he started to return with package to his truck..I ran out to him before he left (seemed suspicious)..was told another time by retired ups employee that if they don't get packages sorted and loaded on trucks on time they sometimes mess up address labels so they don't get trouble for being slow...that and only right turns for trucks who knows...

Well as someone who deals with 20 to 40 incoming packages, and 40 to 60 out going packages 5 days a week threw UPS. I can say for the most part boxes make the trip fine. But when you start to get heavy boxes like over 45 pounds or more ( they will take up to 150 ), they have a better chance of just getting broken open. I have called ups for damaged boxes both incoming and out going. If there was insurance on it, it will go back to the sender.

IF you decide to call UPS here is the main number 1-800-pickups. When you here the automated voice just press 0 till you get a human. ALso have you tracking number ready to read off to them. Lastly don't expect much from them on this since you are just the receiver and if you didn't sign up for emial notification of delivery they won't care much.

But glad to hear the supplier is taking care of the problem, but then it was their product, packaging, and responcability to get the merchendise to you in one piece.

I had this exception problem one time..never did find it, but company did re-deliver (was ammo)...now always demand signature required;no problem since..saw a UPS guy come to my door with a ammo delivery another time (before signature required)..didn't knock or ring doorbell and he started to return with package to his truck..I ran out to him before he left (seemed suspicious)..was told another time by retired ups employee that if they don't get packages sorted and loaded on trucks on time they sometimes mess up address labels so they don't get trouble for being slow...that and only right turns for trucks who knows...

Yep they do not need to get a sig at a residence unless noted on the package or label and in their system. That is why if you can get deliveries at work or another safe receiver.

insurance and sig...its a must

I'm going to look into this. Usually if you order a certain amount of money on an order, they will give you the option for insurance. But from now on, I will always see if I can add insurance if it's something worth it.

I just got an ammo order of 1000 rounds of 308 from UPS and it was heavy. Never tampered with. Arrived safe and sound!

That's what I have always experienced! I don't even want to think about the next 2 packages on their way to me right now, I won't even say how heavy they are haha.

Package got damaged and due the the nature of the item they are keeping it as evidence probably to match up what may have been stolen. Happened when I ordered my cm9. Package was tampered with and due to it being a firearm it was kept for evidentiary reasons. Khr had to send a new one to my dealer.

You must not be familiar with how UPS staffs some of its hubs. You should see the quality of folk they bus into their Parsippany hub from Paterson. Also, tons of USPS packages go via UPS, so you can't really be sure who it's with when it goes missing.

Most likely the box got stuck on the belt and ripped open. Once that happens, it won't go anywhere since it's ammo.

Not sure about all that. All I know is that I've had 2 gift cards stolen out of the mail and 1 package "disappear" from the front door. Never had a FedEx or UPS problem. But that's just me.

Not sure about all that. All I know is that I've had 2 gift cards stolen out of the mail and 1 package "disappear" from the front door. Never had a FedEx or UPS problem. But that's just me.

If it happens too often at a given residence, both UPS and FedEx stop doing driver releases (leaving it without it being accepted by a human bean).

If it happens too often at a given residence, both UPS and FedEx stop doing driver releases (leaving it without it being accepted by a human bean).

human bean

human bean

human bean

human bean

human bean

bean.jpg