alec.mc

Any mortgage gurus around? Ri-Fi

Anybody here a loan officer or work with mortgages?

Im interested in doing a ReFi on my home, from my current 30 year fha @ 5.25 to a 15 year fha.

Shoot me a PM if you can help, or if you have any reccomendations in the central nj woodbridge area.

-alec

I used a guy from ADVISORS MORTGAGE , his name is Ethan Baumholtz , i highly recomend him , comes right to your house and got me a phenominal rate , 3.25 !!!!!!! Tell him Dennis recomended him to you , # 1-609-230-5558

We used Roger from Cenmark Mortgage in Woodbridge (www.cenmarkmortgage.com) and we got a 30 yr fixed at 3.8%.. no cost. Talk to him and tell him Aaron sent you and he'll work with you. Good guy and he did our original mortgage when we bought our house. Rogers # 908-380-8757

Thanks guys, im trying to " shop around "

one lady i've spoke to is telling me it's around 3500-4000 $ out of pocket for closing costs, and I cannot roll them into my loan because I have a FHA after 11/2009 or something stupid.

Also, the PMI has gone up insane amounts from what I am seeing on re-fi, something like 260$ a month for a 30 year

No FHA here but I'm in the process of a refi right now -- I'm doing a 30 year at 3.75% -- I'm only 4 years into my current mortgage.

If I continue to make my payments at my current rate I'll knock 10 years off the new mortgage.

I did get some fees waived but it's still gonna cost me about 2,000 which is getting rolled into the refi.

The real shocker was the appraisal -- 4 years ago I was appraised at $400,000 -- Just last week $285,000 -- I'm not upside down but I paid $284,000 for the place 10 years ago.

Depressing...

What are your property taxes compared to 10 years ago?

My mortgage payment breaks down to

800 principal

900 interest

1100 prop tax+insurance

that just makes me crazy

$1100 is nuts!! That's why we bought down where we did. I pay $600 a month for property taxes on a townhouse and I think that's ridiculous!

We used Roger from Cenmark Mortgage in Woodbridge (www.cenmarkmortgage.com) and we got a 30 yr fixed at 3.8%.. no cost. Talk to him and tell him Aaron sent you and he'll work with you. Good guy and he did our original mortgage when we bought our house. Rogers # 908-380-8757

I'm going with somebody at Cenmark Mortgage, they are local and just a few minutes from me.

Matt, who was very helpful is setting me up with a 30 year FHA @ 3.75 %.... I thought i'd be able to go with a 15 year, but I dont think I want to commit myself the the much higher monthly payment ( extra 500 bucks a month )

Best part is, Nothing out of pocket !! I'll be signing the papers this friday afternoon, He also mentioned that I probably wont need to make a payment for july and august as well for some reason ( hello new dillion xl650! )

FHA Mortgage insurance ( PMI ) has gone through the roof though, Im going from paying 106 a month in PMI to 250 a month in PMI, im still saving money each month regardless, but wow crazy pmi prices. And when I hit 20% equity in my home it'll drop off, saving me an extra 250 a month, which will be nice down the road.

Still disheartened over the fact I qualify for HAMP/HARP, my mortgage servicer is BOA, but my mortgage owner/holder is Hudson City Savings which does NOT participate in the HAMP/HARP programs... They wont even do a loan mod for me. (two mortgages @ 5.75 and 6.275) Im up to 2300 a month which is now killing me in the rise of cost of living for everything else.

I'm going with somebody at Cenmark Mortgage, they are local and just a few minutes from me.

Matt, who was very helpful is setting me up with a 30 year FHA @ 3.75 %.... I thought i'd be able to go with a 15 year, but I dont think I want to commit myself the the much higher monthly payment ( extra 500 bucks a month )

Best part is, Nothing out of pocket !! I'll be signing the papers this friday afternoon, He also mentioned that I probably wont need to make a payment for july and august as well for some reason ( hello new dillion xl650! )

FHA Mortgage insurance ( PMI ) has gone through the roof though, Im going from paying 106 a month in PMI to 250 a month in PMI, im still saving money each month regardless, but wow crazy pmi prices. And when I hit 20% equity in my home it'll drop off, saving me an extra 250 a month, which will be nice down the road.

Awesome. Cenmark is good. Roger is the owner and they are a smaller business taking care of their own customers which we appreciated.

I pay my taxes quarterly -- Makes the monthly payment easier -- no escrow

I still need to squirrel away almost 1000 per month for them but it still seems easier than the mortgage co doing it for me

House appraised at $285,000 -- property taxes are almost $11,000 per year -- something is wrong with this

Still disheartened over the fact I qualify for HAMP/HARP, my mortgage servicer is BOA, but my mortgage owner/holder is Hudson City Savings which does NOT participate in the HAMP/HARP programs... They wont even do a loan mod for me. (two mortgages @ 5.75 and 6.275) Im up to 2300 a month which is now killing me in the rise of cost of living for everything else.

Hudson City must be loving those high interest rates in their portfolio.

Funny thing about banks.

You stop paying, they start trying to "help" you.

YMMV.

I think NJ needs to follow suit with other states like north Dakota and other Midwestern states that are eliminating property taxes...

Unfortunately that vote (ballot proposition) failed.

As you can imagine the politicians and public employee unions were scared sh*tless of the idea

Oh, think of the children! :-)