Avi

How Come No NJS Troopers Here?

I've been observing, on this forum and others, we have lots of cops on here getting involved in discussions and in the marketplace, i have never seen someone identify as a Trooper and comment, is it a holier than thou attitude? or a strict rule the SP has? Or am i just wrong? if anyone knows trooper or has insight i'd really like to know

Thing is, a lot of people (LEO included) don't like to post their occupation randomly. If they don't care who knows, someone isn't going to post "Man, the Devils are a much better hockey team than those jerks from NY. BTW, I'm a state trooper".

I don't think its an NJSP thing, just a personal privacy concern. I wish we had more LEO's involved in the 2A scene (on our side!)

Maybe it's because of politics.. Not taking or showing sides regarding political views. This IS a public forum and they may have to scrutinize their views to protect their careers. I know it happens.... But just a thought.

Thing is, a lot of people (LEO included) don't like to post their occupation randomly. If they don't care who knows, someone isn't going to post "Man, the Devils are a much better hockey team than those jerks from NY. BTW, I'm a state trooper".

I don't think its an NJSP thing, just a personal privacy concern. I wish we had more LEO's involved in the 2A scene (on our side!)

Sent from John's iPad 2 via Tapatalk HD

Typos courtesy Apple...

I sometimes regret divulging my occupation on here. Not that i am ashamed of it but sometimes i feel it harbors a lot of hostility for some people. Maybe its just venting frustrations towards a leo that they cant do in person for various reasons. Oh well no big deal now

I sometimes regret divulging my occupation on here. Not that i am ashamed of it but sometimes i feel it harbors a lot of hostility for some people. Maybe its just venting frustrations towards a leo that they cant do in person for various reasons. Oh well no big deal now

I think the hostility you're sensing is from you totally dominating the 2012 arms race thread!

Yeah you took a lot of hits...even from me but you gave just as good as you got and then some. I for one am glad you hung in there but I can also understand not wanting or needing to divulge your profession.

I think the hostility you're sensing is from you totally dominating the 2012 arms race thread!

Lol..dont get me wrong. i dont feel this is a hostile place but more like it makes some people a little more argumentative due to my law enforcement background

Yep... Can't make it any plainer. I won't say where, but if the chief or upper political figures don't like your actions, your career can either be ruined and/or stagnant. I know a few that had different views and ended up only retiring as patrolman... So politics does bite you in the arse on occasion. Shame too. The reasoning didn't have to be wrong or right. Just not what the upper crust wanted to hear. And this was before 'puters...

^This.

Sent from John's iPad 2 via Tapatalk HD

Typos courtesy Apple...

Lol..dont get me wrong. i dont feel this is a hostile place but more like it makes some people a little more argumentative due to my law enforcement background

it's because you can carry anytime you want and we can't. In other words...jealousy. lol

just a little info...a number of troopers still work on the road. when they get home they got other stuff to do besides go on the forums. The ones with desk jobs can't surf at work because just about everything is blocked or monitored.

it's a privacy thing... it's drilled into them from the start.. and told to them by the older guys... don't go bragging your a trooper because EVERYONE will ask you for favors and you will get in trouble.. kinda the same reason you don't go around saying your a navy seals i guess a level of respect/humbleness. they are kinda like public figures and need to fall of the map they whey aren't working.

i am not a super trooper but understand why the ones i know always tell people they are in construction!

A couple of guys here know what I do for a living and what I do for a part-time job. I don't advertise what I do in my part-time job or what I have done in the past because... I just don't want the attention. I've never been into that hero BS. The LEOs on this board may feel the same way.

I've been observing, on this forum and others, we have lots of cops on here getting involved in discussions and in the marketplace, i have never seen someone identify as a Trooper and comment, is it a holier than thou attitude? or a strict rule the SP has? Or am i just wrong? if anyone knows trooper or has insight i'd really like to know

Your assumption. Not necessarily true :D

My cousin is a state trooper. He is a gun enthusiast to. He lived with us for quite a while so I talk to him all the time. I ask him to join and he wants to, But he is sooo damn busy. I am sure he will join soon though.

What do you think the total occupation ratio is for Municipal/Sheriff/Correction/etc. vs NJSP? 100 to 1?

So if there were 10 non-NJSP here, there would be 1/10 NJSP. Chances are slim to none there is one registered.

I wish we would invite the NJSP Firearms Unit and the NJAG to participate in the Legal section. It would be nice to get answers straight from those responsible for enforcement. We would need to behave ourselves and I would have to stop calling State Prosecutors "State Persecutors", but I think the net effect would be positive.

I have to add, I never met a NJ cop who was unprofessional. That includes numerous NJSP troopers.

I certainly cannot say the same about LEO that I have had run-ins with in VA, TX, and OH.

I wish we would invite the NJSP Firearms Unit and the NJAG to participate in the Legal section. It would be nice to get answers straight from those responsible for enforcement. We would need to behave ourselves and I would have to stop calling State Prosecutors "State Persecutors", but I think the net effect would be positive.

I have to add, I never met a NJ cop who was unprofessional. That includes numerous NJSP troopers.

I certainly cannot say the same about LEO that I have had run-ins with in VA, TX, and OH.

They couldn't d that as it would be performing an official function on a not official forum. I think you can see the problem if they did that.

There is an anti-leo vibe on this forum for sure.

People almost always feel the need to post "bad" leo stories on this forum but never any "good" leo stories.

Then the shoe is on the other foot and the same people curse the media for only posting "bad" gun-related stories but never any "good" gun-related stories.

Politicians elected by citizens of NJ took our gun rights away, not the police.

They couldn't d that as it would be performing an official function on a not official forum. I think you can see the problem if they did that.

It might be construed as offering legal advice. The laws aren't very clear cut in this state.

Most officers I have had dealings with have been nothing but professional. Aside from one patrolman/now chief that called a bunch of teenage boys "faggots" for waiting in line in the bathroom while he was working security detail. My friends that are on the job don't tell people what they do unless it's someone they're friendly with. When they're off duty they "turn it off" as it was explained to me. Almost like they're two different people. I know what they mean, since if you ran into me at work you'd probably think I'm an A-hole. Professional, but a giant A-hole. :D