antimatter

has anyone ordered from Bud's or Gallery of guns?

I've purchased from buds 2x, both springfield 1911 pistols. Best prices I could find anywhere. Once I purchased an item in stock, the I reserved.

My only complaint if i had to nitpick is that they take a long time to ship. Just because it's in stock, unless you're one of their "VIP" members, it may take 5-7 days to ship.

Other than that, nothing unsual to report.

I've ordered 2 guns from Buds and the price was competitive,payment and delivery went smoothly so I have no problem ordering from them in the future.

i would assume there is the local transfer fee on top of there prices? looks like Brick armory is one of their "preferred" dealers, so that works out for me since they are close.

Correct. You must pay NICS and FFL transfer fee from the dealer you are picking up the firearm. BA is probably a more common FFL people around here use from buds which is probably why they are labeled as preferred. Any reputable FFL however will do. (Transfer fees vary from dealer to dealer)

I have used buds and buds police supply 2ce in the past and have nothing bad to say about either.

i would assume there is the local transfer fee on top of there prices? looks like Brick armory is one of their "preferred" dealers, so that works out for me since they are close.

Yes. You have to pay whatever the tranfer fee charged by you local FFL + NICS. But no tax!

Ordered a rifle from Davidsons. Paid the deposit online then the balance due at the FFL.

Keep in mind Davidsons is a distributor that supplies FFL's and Buds is a drop-shipping company that doesn't stock any guns.

Fixed.

I ordered from Gallery of Guns once. Great Experience. Did the transfer through A&A.

I have orderd 11 firearms through Bud's. Every time, they had the best price anywhere, period. Moreover, it is not just a matter of Bud's being cheaper than Davidson; Bud's does not charge sales tax. Which is an additional 7% savings.

Buds is decent for closeouts, but don't expect any service in case of issues.

In 90% of the cases, you can do a firearms price request and get the same item, all in pricing from a local vendor.

Keep in mind on the tax issue...

Out of state purchases are taxed on your NJ state tax returns... just saying. You LEGALLY have to pay taxes on that order from Bud's anyway.

Buds is decent for closeouts, but don't expect any service in case of issues.

In 90% of the cases, you can do a firearms price request and get the same item, all in pricing from a local vendor.

Keep in mind on the tax issue...

Out of state purchases are taxed on your NJ state tax returns... just saying. You LEGALLY have to pay taxes on that order from Bud's anyway.

Do you really believe that people pay NJ sales tax on their returns?

was curious if anyone has and how it went. i am thinking of ordering from either one of them since store stock seems to be limited or selling out before i get there!

thanks gang

- am

Ordered 4 times from Buds, never had a problem. On my last purchase their price dropped on the firearm I purchased. I used their price guarantee through Buy Safe and got the price difference deposited into my PayPal account in a few days.

Never ordered from Bud's but it's a lot easier than having to request prices.

Why not set up a FFL section on here to allow FFLs to post their deals and draw in business that way instead of the buyer having to jump through a hoop to get a price.

There should not be a "transfer fee" if you get you item from Davidson's. Comparing Bud's to Davidson's is like apples to oranges.

I have done both. This is correct. The Davidson's price from a Davidson's dealer should not incur an additional transfer fee beyond passing the cost of NICS along to the buyer.

Never ordered from Bud's but it's a lot easier than having to request prices.

Why not set up a FFL section on here to allow FFLs to post their deals and draw in business that way instead of the buyer having to jump through a hoop to get a price.

Please explain...

The "firearms price request" is not a hoop to jump through, it is the easiest way to inquire from a number of dealers for one or more firearms.

The vendors here have an option of posting deals in their own individual sections, however the point of the price request feature is not to have the vendors shove a gun down your throat because it is "on sale."

The local FFL's spend their time interacting and talking to gun owners... they do not have a no name presence behind a website trying to advertise "on sale" closeout prices for guns they just got a big package deal on.

Bud's is not a gun dealer... they are a middle man looking to skim their $5 per gun and do absolutely no service.