bulpup

F1 Weehawken : )

I fear it's never going to happen, F1 in North America is akin to professional soccer....not enough interest to make it financially feasible. Montreal lost their race schedule because of waning interest and ticket sales and they were race crazy and had a true F1 circuit.

I've heard rumors of venues like Baltimore,Jersey city,San Diego even Manhattan but the organizers fight a uphill battle winning fans in the land of the perpetual left turn racing and NHRA.

I'm all for F1 but for messing up my commute in and out of the city I'm not too excited. It's already bad as it gets in NJ with public transportation shortages and everyone claims that local merchants will make big money by bringing the event to NJ... Yeah if they pay for it. Something on this scale should not be paid for with a single tax dollar. To date I cannot find an article disclosing the financial agreements with the F1 organization and the whole snafu with Texas only complicated things (http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2011/10/nj_hosting_of_formula_1_race_r.html).

Like I said, I'm for F1 but still want to weight more of the pros and cons on how it will affect the area.

They were going to do it in Jersey city, around the liberty state park area, and Jersey city turned them down.

Sent from my LG-P925 using Tapatalk

JC like other proposed venues balked at the prospect of having to fund the track prep,parking,emergency services and policing of the races, did their accounting and realized that unless ticket sales was like the numbers sold at European road track venues they stood to lose not only money but the good will of it's residents. Not a smart proposal considering that traditionally JC's politicians have a nasty habit of ending up in jail.

This sounds awesome! Cant wait! However, traffic is going to be horrible for people, especially if they're going to be repaving all of the roads before the event. I'll make sure to stay far away if/when this happens.

To those complaining about street closures, they do worse for the NY marathon and bike marathon. Fort Lee just shut down more streets then this a few weeks ago for a triathlon. Don't be hating because you don't like the coolest spectator sport on the planet :-)

I'm all in, this would be awesome and I'll be there if it happens.

To those complaining about street closures, they do worse for the NY marathon and bike marathon. Fort Lee just shut down more streets then this a few weeks ago for a triathlon. Don't be hating because you don't like the coolest spectator sport on the planet :-)

I'm all in, this would be awesome and I'll be there if it happens.

....excuse me....second coolest. First is definitely WRC.

The video is them going through the tunnel.. and the video is down by lady liberty.. but i'm pretty sure the proposed route is predominantly weehawken. it absolutely wil not be going anywhere near the tunnel.

And anybody who thinks racing is boring probably hasnt been to a live race. it gets your testosterone going as much shooting does. its so loud you actually will need your ear muffs if you go to the race. i'm definitely going.

Or in 2014,15,16.........

Oh come on. You know Eccelstone would LOVE to have a race with the S.O.L., Empire state building and freedom towers In the background.

That kind of interest and his announcement to keep open to it gives the idea legs.

Now if the idea was to make a track like they wanted in Staten Island I would say never, but a temporary road course? I think we will see it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh come on. You know Eccelstone would LOVE to have a race with the S.O.L., Empire state building and freedom towers In the background.

That kind of interest and his announcement to keep open to it gives the idea legs.

Now if the idea was to make a track like they wanted in Staten Island I would say never, but a temporary road course? I think we will see it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I m sure Ecclestone wanted in for a few years now.

Then they better start paving the asphalt properly in that area and start now so they can be ready.

I ll still,bet you half a case of 9mm that it wont happen.......50-50 chance, what do yusay?