Purple Patrick

NJGF Car Thread

The dings, I hear you. The worst are the assholes who do like it's no big deal to ding your BRAND NEW CAR. Also there's parallel parking where people bump your cards and make scratches on it. I want to put a big bar on it so they can damage their own bumper.

I try to keep our new car out of such places.

I also park on the far end of the lot where there are few cars.

The dings, I hear you. The worst are the assholes who do like it's no big deal to ding your BRAND NEW CAR. Also there's parallel parking where people bump your cards and make scratches on it. I want to put a big bar on it so they can damage their own bumper.

I try to keep our new car out of such places.

I also park on the far end of the lot where there are few cars.

I totally get this and *knock on wood* am proud my 3 month old car has yet to get dinged. I park her as FAR away as possible in every parking lot and make the walk knowing that my car will always looking brand new on the outside everytime she's cleaned up.

What I CANNOT stand are the d-bags who decide that for some reason its cool to park right next to you when you park all the way out in the lot by yourself... WHY OH WHY must people do this? ugh!

Speaking.. of my new car I bought in dec 2012.. I commute 120 miles a day x4 a week to work - so needed to save money on gas, but needed a reliable warranty, and luxury... couldn't afford a lexus but wasn't going to drive a plastic prius.

For $26k, leather interior with front/read/outside mirrors heated - xm/bluetooth/bluelink(like onstar)- remote start - intelligent key - lifetime battery warranty and 100k/10 yr warranty and free lifetime oil changes :)

No complaints! smooth ride, quiet and 208hp is enough to get this thing going quick I feel for the mpg I can get.. The only thing that hurts me is the cold weather. Driving fast and cold weather ='s 33-35mpg but city driving on a warm day earns 40+ mpg... makes me happy coming from 17-20mpg in my maxima..

IMG_2882_zpsf316946a.jpg

IMG_2881_zps224a3e34.jpg

IMG_2982_zpse31d4256.jpg

...and then the misses SUV that is our "nice" car but also very handy with around the house chores... Expensive to maintain (thank god for free maintenance)...but with a daughter on the way, this may turn into a not so fancy SUV or something older and used that's safe for a baby to dirty up.

EEA3D4E7-D6F6-4488-ACE4-6F6E505EA3DE-12748-00000BD73EC0FE16_zps886b8889.jpg

I totally get this and *knock on wood* am proud my 3 month old car has yet to get dinged. I park her as FAR away as possible in every parking lot and make the walk knowing that my car will always looking brand new on the outside everytime she's cleaned up.

What I CANNOT stand are the d-bags who decide that for some reason its cool to park right next to you when you park all the way out in the lot by yourself... WHY OH WHY must people do this? ugh!

Because they don't like that you take pains to protect your car. They think that your car NEEDS a few dings and scratches to become just like them.

Idiots.

So far I've saved our van from any major scratches but there are a few rock chips on the front bumper. Those I can live with...

I'm 20 and have had 5 cars, but the current whip is a 1999 miata.

Disclaimer: Have not wrecked a single one! People always assume that lol I just get bored

142wyhg.jpg

Was supercharged but I have recently sold that, along with the hard top. Going to be upping my commute when I attend Rutgers next year so I plan on getting into something more comfortable/baller. Looking at an SC400 on Tueday hopefully, cash in hand fugg.gif

My new Toy, literally! I've wanted one of these since the Marty McFly days! I love this thing. Best vehicle purchase I've made in a long time.

post-5056-0-48137100-1363609777_thumb.jpg

a co-worker of mine has one with almost 400k miles, amazing

they are just extremely uncomfortable, especially for big people

a co-worker of mine has one with almost 400k miles, amazing

they are just extremely uncomfortable, especially for big people

I don't find it uncomfortable at all. I'm 6'2" 225, plenty of legroom and space. The first gens sat kind of low to the floor, but the later ones are totally different. Drive it everyday, no problems in uniform or out with being uncomfortable.

...but with a daughter on the way, this may turn into a not so fancy SUV or something older and used that's safe for a baby to dirty up.

Yeah, say goodbye to that...

Looks like we need to get a track day together.

Straight line or twisties?

Day I towed it home:

20140201_155845_zpsac51d9df.jpg

Sitting in the garage:

20140302_120217_zpsb1b5f77e.jpg

I'm in the process of patching the battery apron and I need to to the drivers side floorpan. I'm terrible with a mig welder and I would rather just use a plain old stick welder if I wouldn't burn through it all. It's a fun little project. It runs fairly well. I have a whole new fuel system and brakes, and it is structurally sound other than the drivers floor. I may fix what is left, acquire a new set of fenders and a front valence, give it a POS paint job, and drive it. 

Finally got rid of my gas guzzling truck, (which I miss already), and picked up a 2014 Ford Fusion SE Darkside Color... (which looks black but has an awesome deep dark green tint the pops in the sun)..for my wife. Loved it so much, got myself a 2014 Ford Fusion Titanium in Tuxedo Black...

Took this sucker on a 2000 mile trip already and the car practicaly drives itself. So comfortable, almost fell asleep a few times. Loaded with all the bells and whistles... Depending on terrain, gets; between 28-34mpg... Better than my 13-14mpg truck by far... I'd recommend this car to anyone. (Stock photos till I get some nice shots... But this is it...).

post-5135-0-29965500-1403348091_thumb.jpg

post-5135-0-22222300-1403348101_thumb.jpg

post-5135-0-01216200-1403348110_thumb.jpg