bry@n

Which Glock to get?

So I am getting a Glock & can't decide. One part of me says get a gen4 g21. The other part says get a 10mm g20 for the boar hunts and cause its bad Ass. I reload .45 and .40. So that isn't an issue.

Also thought about the g30 & g36 but they aren't gen 4 yet.

What say you?

So I am getting a Glock & can't decide. One part of me says get a gen4 g21. The other part says get a 10mm g20 for the boar hunts and cause its bad Ass. I reload .45 and .40. So that isn't an issue.

What say you?

What say you?

If you get a 10mm I'll get you an extended barrel to maximize the oumph!

What say you?

Bought one of each. I know I'll be shooting the .45 more due to the cost of ammo but I can stock up on ammo for the 10mm over time. Practice ammo for the 10mm is running .50 cents a round versus .35 - .40 cents for .45ACP while JHP for the 10mm is 1.08 a round versus .80 cents for the .45.

I was going to chime in about the cost of 10mm. Do you reload? If it was me G21 Gen4. Love the way it feels. Hope to own one in the near future.

Yeah I reload an already have die for both calipers so its the same either way. Might be cheaper to load the 10mm as the bullets are cheaper.

The G30 Gen4 just came out. I don't think we will ever see a G36 Gen4, I think it will be discountinued first. That being said, I have the G21 Gen4 and my vote goes for that model. You could always get the 10mm upper and mags. The price/availability/selection of the 10mm is a deal breaker for me.

Um... Actually the Beretta PX4...

Oh well, some guys go home with the beautiful Italian prom queen and some guys prefer the stern Austrian Hausfrau.... this is why they make different guns, I suppose.

Everybody owns a G21. IMHO, get the G20. If you can reload for 10mm, you will never be out of ammo and you can really push that cartridge to the limit. I would be different just to be different and be the only guy at the range with a 10mm.

I've said this before. Life is too short to shoot the guns that other people think you should have. You want the 10mm and are trying to get us talk you out of it. Just buy it. It's what you really want and will make you happy. Enjoy it.

I was in a similar dilemma a while ago and got a g21 and then bought a g20 upper and mags for 10 mm.

You can also do the reverse and change mags and have both calibers.

The uppers run around 350$ on gunbroker

all you need is the barrel, not the full upper. you can also go to 357sig, 40, and 9x25

http://www.rockyourglock.com/parts/Conversion.htm

The G30 Gen4 just came out. I don't think we will ever see a G36 Gen4, I think it will be discountinued first. That being said, I have the G21 Gen4 and my vote goes for that model. You could always get the 10mm upper and mags. The price/availability/selection of the 10mm is a deal breaker for me.

I did not know they came out with a GEN 4 g30. now that I know that, my choice gets harder.

I am really undecided. I have not made up my mind completely. I load both 45 ACP and 40 Smith & Wesson so it's not a big deal with either caliber, I just can't decide which one I want.

I like the idea of getting the 10mm upper but the gen 4 uppers are not easy to come by and I don't want to go gen 3. I have shot the g30 as likes it.

Either way, I get to shoot heavy metal at the Glock matches. The g30 is major sub and that could be some fun. Normally I would say get both but I can't justify them both. They are not going to be shot a lot.

all you need is the barrel, not the full upper. you can also go to 357sig, 40, and 9x25

http://www.rockyourg.../Conversion.htm

That is true, but you have a mismatched extractor. If you go this way (which is cheaper) make sure to buy the gun configured in the caliber you want for woods, home defense, etc for reliability sake. Buy the spare barrel in the caliber you want to plink with.

I want the g20 for a gun to take hunting, but I think I would plink with the g21 more. Plus my wife likes the g21.

I think if I could get a g21 upper, I would go to the g20. Gonna research now.

I want the g20 for a gun to take hunting, but I think I would plink with the g21 more. Plus my wife likes the g21.

I think if I could get a g21 upper, I would go to the g20. Gonna research now.

The G20 does not come in a Gen4 yet so if you are swapping slides around you may want to check into being able to do that with different Gen's. Otherwise you may want to stick with a Gen3 for your G21. I went for the G21SF.